Famous DT Coaches Thread 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

This has been a week from hell, along with a number of premiums doing their best to disappoint my trades consisted of:

Giles > Jenkins
Treloar > Zorko

Now I'm hoping that long term keeping Jacobs over Giles was the right move although I'm really losing a lot of confidence in him quickly...Also chose to keep McDonald (I guess Magner as well although I held onto him because his bye helped a little more) over Treloar which has been a big loss this week. Hopefully long term it'll be a win.

This has been a week from hell, along with a number of premiums doing their best to disappoint my trades consisted of:

Giles > Jenkins
Treloar > Zorko

Now I'm hoping that long term keeping Jacobs over Giles was the right move although I'm really losing a lot of confidence in him quickly...Also chose to keep McDonald (I guess Magner as well although I held onto him because his bye helped a little more) over Treloar which has been a big loss this week. Hopefully long term it'll be a win.

Sauce is annoying me greatly, 48 is an incredibly low score for a ruckman, he didn't go below 60 last year. His bye makes him difficult to trade really, and who wants to waste a trade on a keeper in the rucks, just have to wear it.

Anyway he will be up and down most rucks except the very best have low possession games, hopefully he rebounds.

Sauce is annoying me greatly, 48 is an incredibly low score for a ruckman, he didn't go below 60 last year. His bye makes him difficult to trade really, and who wants to waste a trade on a keeper in the rucks, just have to wear it.

Anyway he will be up and down most rucks except the very best have low possession games, hopefully he rebounds.
And I've already moved one premium ruckman in Mumford this year already....

Was looking at his stats last night and his disposal figures have actually risen from last year (by about .5-1 a game) so it's not as if he's finding less of the ball. His tackling and marking figures have dropped a bit though which is where we're currently seeing the drop/not the improvement from last years average.

Hoping he'll put up a big 120+ score soon.

Tarquin - why on earth is Zorko your captain? Are you taking the pi$$ or just a mistake? Or is my DT app telling me lies?

I want to come up with something smart and intelligent.

This is what happened.

Wife is close to having our first baby, so I am running around like a headless chicken.

I reverse my trades from Monday remembering I should really pick up Zorko. I make my two trades and then remember I have to move Zorko onto the field to replace Swan. I then proceed to forget that when you reverse your trades, it must also reverse your captaincy selections.

Bang, two trades done, run off to SC and SB to fix those sides.

Get a text from a mate saying, who did you make captain, I say something along the lines of Ablett or Pendleburyy? He goes guess again.... Well needless to say I stupidly watched a heap of the Brisbane game and abused Zorko to go for GOLD. I can say he was just an inch or two away from another 5 tackles!

He scored more than Pendlebury and was close to Ablett, the pain could have been more.

Think I will give my codes to a mate to check my team this week as the birth could happen anytime from NOW onwards!!!

I want to come up with something smart and intelligent.

This is what happened.

Wife is close to having our first baby, so I am running around like a headless chicken.

I reverse my trades from Monday remembering I should really pick up Zorko. I make my two trades and then remember I have to move Zorko onto the field to replace Swan. I then proceed to forget that when you reverse your trades, it must also reverse your captaincy selections.

Bang, two trades done, run off to SC and SB to fix those sides.

Get a text from a mate saying, who did you make captain, I say something along the lines of Ablett or Pendleburyy? He goes guess again.... Well needless to say I stupidly watched a heap of the Brisbane game and abused Zorko to go for GOLD. I can say he was just an inch or two away from another 5 tackles!

He scored more than Pendlebury and was close to Ablett, the pain could have been more.

Think I will give my codes to a mate to check my team this week as the birth could happen anytime from NOW onwards!!!
Well that explains it - it would seem you have more important things on the go!

Zorko would have been a better choice than most popular picks this week so didn't turn out too bad!

Last weeks trades:
Out: Porpz
In: The Zork!

Out: Swan
In: JSelwood

Disgusting efforts from everyone bar the forward line which averaged a ton (even with Dangerfields score).

Monday trade:
Out: Coniglio
In: Cloke

Has Suns/Dees. Surely he is about to hit his straps!

(NB: Monday trades are still reversible)

As noted above, I stupidly made Zorko captain.

I traded Marc Murphy -> Ablett (He was then meant to be my captain)
Coniglio -> Zorko

Having completely forgot about the concept of Clay Smith and Swan out, I had to change my trading plans. It was going to be a Adams/D Smith out and Zorko into the forwards.

Instead, I reversed the trades and decided on trading out Coniglio over a Magner, simply due to when their byes happened to be placed.

I have $561,200, I may use a small portion next week and then I will wait and trade a rookie into a round 11 premium.

Thinking names like Harvey, Boyd, Rocky, Redden, Cox, Hanley, Waters....

Not really sure which direction I will take, I may even wait and upgrade to a round 12 premium the following week.

What rookies do the famous coaches currently have with Rd 12/13 byes and do you plan to hold them for the next few weeks until the byes kick in?

???

anyone

There'll be no inside info for you, pal. I'm hunting you down in sportsbet. :)

I made one trade in DT this week, bringing in Zorko. I had to decide between Smith and Treloar to trade out, and inevitably settled on the latter.

I've been quite literally on fire with my Giants-related decisions this year.

Thich_Quang_Duc_-_Self_Immolation.jpg

* Me, shortly after learning Treloar scored 119.

I dropped back to about 4500 this week with Swan and Heppell on the bench injured. Starting to regret trading out Ellis instead of Geary a few weeks ago.

There'll be no inside info for you, pal. I'm hunting you down in sportsbet. :)

I made one trade in DT this week, bringing in Zorko. I had to decide between Smith and Treloar to trade out, and inevitably settled on the latter.

I've been quite literally on fire with my Giants-related decisions this year.

Thich_Quang_Duc_-_Self_Immolation.jpg

* Me, shortly after learning Treloar scored 119.

I dropped back to about 4500 this week with Swan and Heppell on the bench injured. Starting to regret trading out Ellis instead of Geary a few weeks ago.

lol it's not me you're after, athomas is the man you seek :D

Did see you skulking around just outside the top 10 though, well played.

lol it's not me you're after, athomas is the man you seek :D

Did see you skulking around just outside the top 10 though, well played.

Cmon guys, I'll let you have DT if I can have SB ;)

On topic though, great work being in the top 10 footylover!

Very keen to see what the famous coach's approach come byes are, I've almost given up on rookies and just saving my trades for premium swapping. :eek:

FAMOUS DT COACHES - Round 9 Report

R92012.png

TRADES:

FanFooty EDT (13)
Toby Greene
Scott Thompson

Dylan Shiel
Dayne Zorko

Team Director (11)
Adam Treloar
Dayne Zorko

Impromptu SCE (10)
Marc Murphy
Sam Mitchell

Toby Greene
Dayne Zorko

Dylan’s FFC (12)
Jonathan Giles
Josh Jenkins

Adam Treloar
Dayne Zorko

VinegarStrokes EDT (15)
Marc Murphy
Gary Ablett

Stephen Coniglio
Dayne Zorko

AFLSpace.com Hacks (13)
Dane Swan
Joel Selwood

Jason Porplyzia
Dayne Zorko

Chook Raffle (14)
Dane Swan
Gary Ablett

Toby Greene
Dayne Zorko

vamsee (11)
Dane Swan
Gary Ablett

Dylan Shiel
Joel Selwood

The Baxters (14)
Adam Kennedy
Patrick Dangerfield

Taylor Adams
Dayne Zorko

Warne Dawgs (15)
Dane Swan
Gary Ablett

Dylan Shiel
Dayne Zorko

Coaches
dylan123 - Dylan's FFC
LemmingMaster - VinegarStrokes EDT
m0nty - FanFooty EDT
mollyfud - AFLSpace.com Hacks
Director - Team Director
Impromptu - Impromptu SCE
SkankDanker - Chook Raffle
footylover18 - vamsee
thebaxters - The Baxters
Warnie - Warne Dawgs

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As you can see above, the Term "Struggling badly" doesn't really describe how badly Im going. With that in mind I have taken a bit of a risky trade this week. Talked myself in out of this trade, especially coming into the bye rounds, but decided that I would be annoyed with myself if I didn't make it. Therefor, trade is:

Out: Adam Kennedy
In: ...........Travis Cloke

Hoping that he has two big games against the bottom of the ladder teams and that gets his season going.

I was initally annoyed that Redden came in this week and so could possibly play in RD11 and bail out the teams that have Giles + another RD11 bye guy but starting to see that I might be able to use that to where a donut in another round,not RD11.

Thats probably enough of me crapping on.

Last two weeks have been terrible for me, coped a zero last week with all three of Heppell, Smedts and Spurr being dropped/rested/any other excuse in the same week. The previous week I had the option of moving McIntosh or Giles down to Jenkins and since McIntosh was only meant to be 1 week, I pulled the trigger on Giles...

This week I moved McIntosh to Maric, with the form he's in and coming up against a ruckless St.Kilda side, I decided to make him my captain which I'm pretty happy with since I haven't had a captain score over 120 since round 6. He also suits my side well with the byes meaning I should actually be able to avoid a zero during the byes in the ruck.

My second move I switched McDonald into the forward line and traded him to M.Johnson who I then switched into the backline with Smedts to help cover 1 of the 2 zeros I was facing. Will provide handy DPP during the year with Smedts and I'll probably use Malceski as a D8 when I've got my best side playing.

So basically, I've traded in two dud players this week! :p

Edit: Seems like they've robbed Maric 4 points! :(

Well, Between Buckley not tagging Ablett, McKenna pulling Horsley and me choosing Mcdonald/horsley over Magner/Coniglio I am not out of the Eliminator.
At least got the Captancy choice fairly right with SteveJ over Pendles or Sidebottom.

Selwood didn't help either! This could be carnage city in coming weeks!

AFLSpace.com Hacks (13)
Dane Swan
Joel Selwood

Chook Raffle (14)
Dane Swan
Gary Ablett

vamsee (11)
Dane Swan
Gary Ablett

Warne Dawgs (15)
Dane Swan
Gary Ablett

To those guys who traded Dane Swan out; how hard is it going to be to get him back in now?

I assume some/most were looking at Horsley and his R13 bye as the moment to bring Swan back in, but that money-train has ground to a halt for the moment.

Do you wait an extra round or two and hope for Swan to return to a gettable price, or do you cut your losses and target someone like Scott Thompson/Matthew Boyd instead?

(^ Assuming you don't have $250K+ cash laying around)

To those guys who traded Dane Swan out; how hard is it going to be to get him back in now?

I assume some/most were looking at Horsley and his R13 bye as the moment to bring Swan back in, but that money-train has ground to a halt for the moment.

Do you wait an extra round or two and hope for Swan to return to a gettable price, or do you cut your losses and target someone like Scott Thompson/Matthew Boyd instead?

It was a risk I felt worth taking. Didn't expect Selwood to stink it up (Possibly injured) this week. I really didn't see them risking Swan after two weeks of a hammy, and they haven't yet but after Saturday night, they may risk him when maybe they wouldn't have before.

I blame the clubs for this! You can't trust a word they say!

Easy to get Swan back if necessary. In fact I have a theory that trading him out didn't actually cost me any trades...I'll post it when I remember it.

Either way the output of Gary Ablett Junior has been acceptable in Dane's absence so at this stage happy with the trade.

Anyway I do have 350K odd in cash. My idea is to wait and see how Swan goes against Melbourne (by watching the game with my eyes closed). If he looks ripe I'll probably bring him back in for Horsley (if he is selected) or someone else if Horsley isn't, in rd 13.

Boyd and ST are certainly part of my plans as I am sure they are for everyone...still a week is a long time, will have to see what happens at team selection this week.

It might be best to invoke the mercy rule and officially remove me from this thread. Tonight I somehow managed to lose track of time and didn't update any of my teams before lockout! In DT I have about nine donuts with the likes of Swan, Heppell and Malceski still on the bench.

On the plus side my ipad is still working despite being thrown against a wall. :thumbsu:

It might be best to invoke the mercy rule and officially remove me from this thread. Tonight I somehow managed to lose track of time and didn't update any of my teams before lockout! In DT I have about nine donuts with the likes of Swan, Heppell and Malceski still on the bench.

On the plus side my ipad is still working despite being thrown against a wall. :thumbsu:

Ouch.

It's a bad enough week as it is without that happening.

It will be interesting to see how some of the coaches are effected in the following three weeks.

If it makes you feel better and it probably wont, I didn't follow-up my side last night until after lockout and I noticed that in the list of players we don't both have was Sidebottom. But I have Sidebottom! Although further looking at the side, my trade to bring in Ablett for Coniglio saw me some how put Sidebottom on my Forward bench and not even as an emergency! FLOWER!!!!!

Someone on twitter nicely put it as "Bye Brain Syndrome"

Remove this Banner Ad

Back