Famous DT Coaches Thread 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Might struggle to post a heap in here atm, the wife gave birth to the future Carlton captain, so lack of sleep is happening.

My trades for last week were

Zaharakis -> Elliot
Just felt the Zaharakis had peaked in price and was looking to cash in on Elliots cash generations
Pendlebury -> Stanton
Hoping to ride the Stanton train all the way home.

Once again, to LTI hit my team and causing more and more pain.

Did you also put some money on Sydney because Essendon were due for another loss?

Zaharakis -> Elliot
Just felt the Zaharakis had peaked in price and was looking to cash in on Elliots cash generations
Was Elliot brought in to cover a zero or do you believe he'll actually be a strong cash cow?

Did consider him myself last week however, I wasn't confident in his position in the side long term and he also didn't offer any DP. With Didak going down that may have helped but he did finish with 8 odd tackles which I can't see him backing up either. Still undecided whether avoiding him was a good move or not yet.

My trades from the weekend:
Out: Coniglio
In: Ablett (grrrrrr)

Out: Devon Smith
In: Jordan Staley

So was only planning 1 trade and keeping Coniglio as my 7th mid but 4 weeks including the byes was too much time to wait on. Made Ablett skipper so extra annoyed with that one!

Smith had to go to avoid a zero. I then moved Hale from Rucks to Forwards and brought in Staley as lowest cost ruck. Started Redden and Big O. Next week start Giles and Redden and in Rd 13, assuming all picked of course, will start Giles and Big O.

Also in round 13 will probably trade out Redden and move Hale back to the Rucks and bring in a forward.

I doubt it will matter but Campbell or Daw would've been much better choices than Staley IMO.

I doubt it will matter but Campbell or Daw would've been much better choices than Staley IMO.
Yeah, Daw wasn't bottom basement price I was looking for. I really would of loved a playing non-RD13 Forward/Ruck but there is few! He is a throw away pick and will sit on the bench the rest of the season.

Yeah, Daw wasn't bottom basement price I was looking for. I really would of loved a playing non-RD13 Forward/Ruck but there is few! He is a throw away pick and will sit on the bench the rest of the season.

Campbell is the same price as Staley and is actually a decent chance of playing.

Didn't realise Maj wasn't rookie priced. Surely that's an error.

Was Elliot brought in to cover a zero or do you believe he'll actually be a strong cash cow?

Did consider him myself last week however, I wasn't confident in his position in the side long term and he also didn't offer any DP. With Didak going down that may have helped but he did finish with 8 odd tackles which I can't see him backing up either. Still undecided whether avoiding him was a good move or not yet.

I already have DP links and I think Elliot will be a good chance to remain in the side and no doubt Didak going out has helped his chances. I was basically looking to free up some cash and hopefully have someone that is playing.

He will end up being my F9, so hopefully I will not need his services for a long period of time.

vamsee (10)
Jonathan Giles
Todd Goldstein

Can I ask Vamsee what was his thought process behind this trade? Was Goldy's price just too good to refuse and are you expecting Giles to tire ala Zac Smith in 2011?

And what are your expectations/plans regarding Goldstein when H.McIntosh eventually returns (timeframe unknown)?

Can I ask Vamsee what was his thought process behind this trade? Was Goldy's price just too good to refuse and are you expecting Giles to tire ala Zac Smith in 2011?

And what are your expectations/plans regarding Goldstein when H.McIntosh eventually returns (timeframe unknown)?

Goldy for 50 hitouts Vs GC this week!

I am in hell right now, my loose bye plan in disarray.

Apart from the byes as expected I am missing Morris (miss his 50 points), Townsend (30), Giles (80), Waters (80+) plus potentially no Clay Smith..they have all pushed my donuts to 9 before trading.

I should be in better shape next week, but this is going to be ugly for me...I am sticking to my plans regardless, no panic trades at this stage.

FAMOUS DT COACHES - Round 11 Report

R112012.png

TRADES:

FanFooty EDT (11)

Team Director (9)

Impromptu SCE (5)
Heath Scotland
Corey Enright

Kyal Horsley
Dale Thomas

James McDonald
Marley Williams

Dylan’s FFC (10)

VinegarStrokes EDT (11)
David Zaharakis
Jamie Elliott

Scott Pendlebury
Brent Stanton

AFLSpace.com Hacks (10)
Stephen Coniglio
Gary Ablett

Devon Smith
Jordan Staley

Chook Raffle (12)
Kyal Horsley
Dane Swan

Devon Smith
Jamie Elliott

vamsee (8)
Heath Scotland
Jason Gram

David Zaharakis
Nick Riewoldt

The Baxters (9)
Paul Duffield
Grant Birchall

Scott Pendlebury
Sam Mitchell

Clay Smith
Mitch Robinson

Warne Dawgs (13)
Kyal Horsley
Alex Sexton

Allen Christensen
Jamie Elliott

Coaches
dylan123 - Dylan's FFC
LemmingMaster - VinegarStrokes EDT
m0nty - FanFooty EDT
mollyfud - AFLSpace.com Hacks
Director - Team Director
Impromptu - Impromptu SCE
SkankDanker - Chook Raffle
footylover18 - vamsee
thebaxters - The Baxters
Warnie - Warne Dawgs

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is it just me or are alot of those trades very short term focused? Who is Jordan staley?

Probably less about who he is than the fact he is DP ruck/fwd and can be swapped with Roughie/Hale or someone to cover for the rucks in the run home. I started off with Adam Pattison for that reason, though in hindsight Redden was the smarter option, as I have learned through the bye period it is bums on seats where possible. Plus I haven't had the opportunity to jump on a ruc/fwd anyway.

So arguably that is more of a long term focus than short term.

I guess a lot of the trades look sideways due to Zaharakis and Scotland being injured. But the trading of Pendlebury to cover what looks like 1 0 is a little too short termed focus for me.

That was a bad round, I think I offended the Gods somehow.

Can't plan for everything really, losing a few to injury with reduced numbers just magnifies the effect. And I lost quite a few, plus Waters suspended. Just when I felt things were under control too.

That was a bad round, I think I offended the Gods somehow.

Can't plan for everything really, losing a few to injury with reduced numbers just magnifies the effect. And I lost quite a few, plus Waters suspended. Just when I felt things were under control too.
In the same boat, just a lazy 7 zeros for me...

Look forward to having Swan in my side this week!

Not much fun is it, I had 7 donuts, a 21 and a 14.

You still beat me head to head in the BF teams comp....

A bad weekend for me also, stupid, annoying byes rounds....

Campbell is the same price as Staley and is actually a decent chance of playing.

unfortunetly not

the arseholes would have whinged about 2nd or 3rd year players who hadnt played yet scoring to well and unfortunetly v/s caved into them yet again and they got their price increase

This could be interesting this week on a number of fronts for me. Round 13 byes, Rucks with Round 13 byes.Cash generation and now the prospect of Will Minson being out for a number of weeks. Is Campbell still a chance of playing?

I have a feeling that in the next two to four weeks I plan on blowing a heap of trades. This weekend, I plan on bringing in two premiums. One midfield premium and one forward premium seem to be on the cards. This should bring me down to 5 trades. I am considering spending two more trades in the following weeks for one more upgrade, but I will see how the injury front looks.

It is rare that I go into the final 10-8 weeks without around 6 trades, but this year I am considering of going into the last 6 rounds with 3 LTI trades. It has a feeling of crash and burning, but it could be worth the risk.

I only have one DP link between the forwards and mids. Docherty is looking close to getting a game, so he could be added into the midfield mix to add another layer of cover. I will just see how things go, I have a preferred option of downgrading in my rucks to release cash and then upgrade another forward as I already have DP link and that upgrade could cover two lines.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back