Fantastically scathing article about Channel Nine

Remove this Banner Ad

Well if the article is anything to go by, the directive to be vacuous idiots has come from McNamara.

What a tosser, who (apart from someone with severe narcissistic tendencies) sets up a google alert on their name?
how could they be anything other than vacuous idiots, they could not be sensible polymaths as cricketers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The worst part is that it's clearly a directive coming from someone or something higher up.

It's been that way for quite some time. I recall throughout the Muralitharran debate, Channel 9 commentators wouldn't even consider his action was dubious, and would never show his bowling from side on, like they did for every other bowler. Obviously instructed not to add any fuel to the fire.

It's been that way for quite some time. I recall throughout the Muralitharran debate, Channel 9 commentators wouldn't even consider his action was dubious, and would never show his bowling from side on, like they did for every other bowler. Obviously instructed not to add any fuel to the fire.

It's more a throwing thing in general. There's no doubt that all commentators have been told it is completely taboo to bring it up. I remember watching domestic cricket a while back when Cameron Gannon, Aaron Bird, Johan Botha were plying their trades and not a word was spoken. It's no different for overseas commentary teams either. Even when guys return to bowling like Narine, Ajmal or Shillingford, it seems they have a directive to discuss the story of them coming back, but can't actually make comment on the legality of their remodelled action.

When Ajmal was playing over in England they were showing extreme close up replays of his doosra and the commentators were all going on about how great it was. So obvious that he was throwing it but they were all too chicken to even question it.
His Teesra when England toured the UAE. Baseball pitcher stuff that was.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back