Father/Son Watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Does anyone know if he is still considered as linked to the Sydney Accademy (and so, if he is good enough, I assume he would have the choice of Sydney or Brisbane)?

I wouldn't be betting on him choosing us over Sydney or even the draft if it comes down to that.

He's now based in Melbourne, so my gut feeling is that that invalidates the Sydney academy link. Weller is in the GC academy, but can't be taken by them because he doesn't meet the location requirements. I suspect the Roos move to Melbourne would have a similar effect.
Is he even good enough to be drafted? Or is his last name just throwing his name out there a bit more
He's playing TAC Cup, so he's at least a credible draftee. We won't know more until this year pans out.

Thoughts on the drafts board is that he's a late round chance but not a whole lot more than that. Although he wouldn't have had the exposure the the Junior footy watchers here, not being in the VIC, SA or WA junior system. His year in the TAC Cup this season will be the big one. Murphy was a very different kettle of fish. He was guaranteed the 1 pick so he knew where he was going. Roos will be more than likely much less sure of getting picked up and even then knowing who by, his will be a lottery, Murphy's wasn't.

Last edited:

Is Leon Harris pro-merger? He was happy to pose for this photo a few years ago.

leonharris.jpg

IIRC western royboy may have links to him through Mortlake. Would love to know if they are Brisbane supporters.

Yes and yes, (Fitzroy)/Brisbane through and through although younger brother Bernie (Buggary) Harris is now remains a died in the wool Bulldogs fan from childhood, despite playing for thr Lions, Bears and Saints.

A word of caution, Leon has a tribe of kids and as a rule they could all play as youngsters but not a lot of them grew. Lewy Taylor has all ths similarities of a young Bernie Harris to me, however he looks to be an ininitely better player.

No sorry, one of the older lads had a run around at South Warrnambool a year or two ago but I have no intel on this lad but I can find out.

Last time, which was yonks ago, I heard news of Leon he was MD at Faulkner footballs..

So far it looks Tyler Roos is the only one of the two thats a real chance at being picked up. I know its early on but i have been really keen in tracking the progress of these guys

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So far it looks Tyler Roos is the only one of the two thats a real chance at being picked up. I know its early on but i have been really keen in tracking the progress of these guys

Daniel Rendell not in the equation at all?

Roos does have potential to rocket into calculations coming out of the NSW comp and into the TAC Cup. Will be tested against better players. If he is any good, it will be easier to tell.

Exactly, not sure who he plays for at the champs though. Do you know if he is eligible for VIC?

Exactly, not sure who he plays for at the champs though. Do you know if he is eligible for VIC?

I would assume the Victorian TAC Cup teams feed straight in to the two Vic representative squads. So he'd go straight from Sandringham to Vic Metro.

Shame the Sandringham vs Queensland game down the coast clashes with the Lions game this weekend. Would have been a good chance to check out Roos (and Clayton if he plays).

Yeah I will be watching neither this week gotta close mates birthday party, hopefully I can find a replay of the QLD game as I am super interested in this years QLD draft crop.

It's far too early on to tell as you mentioned but I personally think Clayton has shown more than Roos, this year at least. Which is the one that counts.

They're both rookie choices as it currently stands.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back