Faux tough guy Lewis

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

One of your best players! Would have him at the Cats in a heartbeat.

Piss off, the experts here have spoken!

Lewis is a dud.

Don't like his receding hairline, though, he need some help

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What a joke this thread is.

We play like s**t all day including playing a complete mismatch & despite having a chance to win in the last 10 min some want to start eating our own.

It seems unless we win every game all year that isn't good enough - WE LOST BY 19 POINTS!

And there still are about 20 games to go!

We play like s**t all day including playing a complete mismatch & despite having a chance to win in the last 10 min some want to start eating our own.

It seems unless we win every game all year that isn't good enough - WE LOST BY 19 POINTS!

And that is a fine way to finish this thread.

He is a very frustrating player to watch, has been his whole career. Maybe sometimes he just has to keep it simple

Fact is, our entire leadership group - with the exception of Mitch & Burgers - are spooked by Geelong.
What are you suggesting mate? That we make some kind of crazy pact never to lose to them?

Nope. Everyone except Burger and Mitch to be dropped.

I think your on the glue again. I have searched all posts and can't find anyone suggesting that.

Harsh thread, he wasn't the only one today.

There are however 4 senior guys who always go missing against Geelong or have very little impact.

Roughead
Lewis
Rioli
Hodge

These 4 are guns/stars however when they play against the cats they turn into very average footballers.

We lose these games for many reasons but the lack of leadership by these 4 hurts. They are proud guys and they have another game later in the season to change things. It's only 1 loss and we are still flying at 4-1. It's just this outfit we faced today are a mighty outfit and we need these leaders to stand up next time and in finals if we are going to beat them.

2 of our stars always lift against them and have my upmost respect. Mitchell and Burgoyne. These 2 show true leadership by asking the team to follow them and we just need others to lift as we can't always rely on these 2.

Anyway I don't like how we have singled out Lewis in here. All 4 mentioned plus others (Suckling, Simpkin) need to lift in these games not just Lewis.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

That dive he took (where the guy pushed him and he threw himself over) made me lose a lot of respect for him. Took a while to make decisions today in the game.

Solid player overall though, just a bit dissapointed by the staging.

We all expect players to be at their best week in , week out. So when we perceive someone (Lewis) not playing to their best , they become an easy target. For me, Lewis is an exceptional footballer, and when he drops below his 'best' , I find it hard not to get a little frustrated. However, Jordan was not on his 'Pat Malone' today !

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have thought that tazz has been off the boil this season - fumbles, not as clean etc. but the stats don't reflect that and tbh doesn't deserve a thread devoted to him. Maybe "who goes missing in the big games" would of been more apt.

It's disappointing that this wasn't kept in the autopsy thread - I hate that we turn into the Richmond board after a loss - 11 consecutive wins and this is what we turn into after one loss

I have certain gripes with Jordan's play...but he is the type of player a club must have to win a premiership.
There is a reason Clarko calls his number to do a specific and important job so often, its because he knows he will get the job done.

What exactly are you suggesting? You seem to be fence sitting more than Ru Paul at Mardi Gras.

Have no idea who Ru Paul is and I have never been to Brazil so I know very little about Mardi Gras. Oh wait you mean.......

Phil, I know it is a shock to you whenever anyone dares to make any criticism of any Hawthorn player. But the fact is nobody, not you, not I nor all Hawthorn players are perfect. We all have our faults but each of us have the right to openly express our opinions because that is exactly what they are ..our opinions.

I have also noticed that you seem to believe that only you have the right to express an opinion on Hawthorn players and that that opinion should never be questioned because you intimate that you are close to the players and in the 'inner circle'.

You raved on before that If I had any balls I would start a thread criticizing other players. Well I will throw the ball back to you. Come out and tell us ignoramuses exactly what your relationship is with the players and how far are you into the 'inner circle'.

No, I dont think its a matter of winning every game, its the fact we put up that s**t every f..ken time against Geel. And Jordan was just one of many that was bloody woeful tonight. We are a side that can make *s like Hawkins look like superstars....

No, I dont think its a matter of winning every game, its the fact we put up that s**t every f..ken time against Geel. And Jordan was just one of many that was bloody woeful tonight. We are a side that can make ******s like Hawkins look like superstars....
Long way to go before the finals - & our team will be nothing like today.

Eg - hawkins won't get such a free ride again.

Have no idea who Ru Paul is and I have never been to Brazil so I know very little about Mardi Gras. Oh wait you mean.......

Phil, I know it is a shock to you whenever anyone dares to make any criticism of any Hawthorn player. But the fact is nobody, not you, not I nor all Hawthorn players are perfect. We all have our faults but each of us have the right to openly express our opinions because that is exactly what they are ..our opinions.

I have also noticed that you seem to believe that only you have the right to express an opinion on Hawthorn players and that that opinion should never be questioned because you intimate that you are close to the players and in the 'inner circle'.

You raved on before that If I had any balls I would start a thread criticizing other players. Well I will throw the ball back to you. Come out and tell us ignoramuses exactly what your relationship is with the players and how far are you into the 'inner circle'.

Everyone's got a right to an opinion but singling out a player because, in your opinion, he has a bad game, is crap. Have a go at the team but singling out individuals is very Richmond don't you think?

We had plenty of passengers today. Suckling was poor, Birch had a stinker, Hodge had minimal impact and Rough went missing. What I don't understand is endorsing thread's where individual players who are critical to our team get smashed after 1 loss. Look at the title of this thread. The OP is questioning Lewis' toughness with absolutely no logic or evidence. Not sure how you can take this seriously when Clarkson has gone on record saying that Lewis is most likely our next captain.

FWIW faux tough men do not get knocked in to next week (see Harbrow bump) and come back in the second half to help contribute to the team nor do they finish in the top 3 on ground in a premiership win.

Also my relationship with players is not your business and has nothing to do with this discussion.

It's pretty hopeless to single out players in what is essentially a team sport. The players' mentality is that they are one "engine room", so why the hell would we analyse them as individuals? You may want to look for a reason to justify our loss today. I'll give you it - team balance wasn't right on the day, we weren't hungry enough, we fumbled across the field, Geelong didn't allow us to play our natural game plan, Geelong were better on the day.

On Jordan Lewis, you can never fault the man's integrity and guts for our club. Never. Geelong would have him in a heartbeat. It has already been said, but he contributes so much to our club, that questioning his position based on his performance today is just pure horse s**t (no offence).

well done all you Hawthorn turncoats..We heading down the same path as all the other Woodworms......When its hot...u beauty....but come a loss

Everyone's got a right to an opinion but singling out a player because, in your opinion, he has a bad game, is crap. Have a go at the team but singling out individuals is very Richmond don't you think?

We had plenty of passengers today. Suckling was poor, Birch had a stinker, Hodge had minimal impact and Rough went missing. What I don't understand is endorsing thread's where individual players who are critical to our team get smashed after 1 loss. Look at the title of this thread. The OP is questioning Lewis' toughness with absolutely no logic or evidence. Not sure how you can take this seriously when Clarkson has gone on record saying that Lewis is most likely our next captain.

FWIW faux tough men do not get knocked in to next week (see Harbrow bump) and come back in the second half to help contribute to the team nor do they finish in the top 3 on ground in a premiership win.

Also my relationship with players is not your business and has nothing to do with this discussion.

Rubbish Phil. Lewis has been very average for a long time. Can't hold his feet, always falls to the ground (the green keeper), stops and props during a chain of attacking possessions allowing the movement to break down, fumbles but can kick the odd goal. He is now a bottom six player at best.

We have a few sacred cows who too many on this board who wear rose colored glasses and continue to overlook their faults. Good on you CLA for naming one of those sacred cows.

Oh, but it is only one loss. Can someone remind me why it is nearly always the same players who fail to deliver in the pressure games.

Just because we are premiers and could repeat this year does not disallow anyone from criticizing players who consistently fail to perform when the chips are down.

We are not a perfect team and neither is any other. No player is above criticism.

Just thought I would quote my post so that the meaning is not lost amongst the bullshit and rose colored glasses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back