Other Favorite Football-Related Sites

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: NFL Bandwagon

What questions have you seen that others haven't?

What I can remember, I've gotten the following...

palm tree/evergreen
eat in/eat out
bling/no bling
letterman/leno
you all/y'all
museum/zoo
parking fines/no
number 1-100
drop down favorite college team
facial hair/no facial hair
fly/drive
blockbuster/indepedent film
rare/welldone
lady in the house/no
play it safe/on the edge

I got the Chargers. Can't stand SD.

Oh well, it might be a bandwagon worth climbing aboard if Cincy can't lift... which they won't.

Got the Ravens, which I don't mind.

Like their colours, have a friend in Baltimore who loves them, good defense, Adalius Thomas is a USM alumni... can't complain.

If/when the Pack are eliminated I'll be hoping for Chicago in the NFC and Baltimore in the AFC.

Got the Ravens, which I don't mind.

Like their colours, have a friend in Baltimore who loves them, good defense, Adalius Thomas is a USM alumni... can't complain.

If/when the Pack are eliminated I'll be hoping for Chicago in the NFC and Baltimore in the AFC.
what questions did you get, as for some fun i tryed to answer questions in order to get the ravens after first selecting that i went for no team, however i tryed numerous times and couldn't get them

palm tree/evergreen
you all/y'all
museum/zoo
number 1-100
rare/welldone

They're the five I had, and my selections were palm trees, you all, zoo, #36 and well done.

The reasonings I can remember are "you all" made it a northern team, "zoo" and animal team, #36 means I like a good defense (though the bus was #36, so I dunno...)

Re: Gridiron Online Resource - Strategies, etc

Not a bad site, thanks

I found if you click on "Online Coaching Resources" then click on "Feature Articles" there's some interesting stuff.

I heard a theory that its better to have an average cornerback and a stud free safety, instead of a star cornerback and average free safety. Comments anyone?

Not a bad site, thanks

I found if you click on "Online Coaching Resources" then click on "Feature Articles" there's some interesting stuff.

I heard a theory that its better to have an average cornerback and a stud free safety, instead of a star cornerback and average free safety. Comments anyone?

Glad some people have enjoyed the stuff there.

As with all theories, they can be justified or blown apart.

In my humble opinion, I would opt for a star CB. The reason being that if they cover so well all the time, especially matched up against the opposition's star receiver, then the FS can be used more to help out the other CB on my team. Also, because as a QB, you have a certain amount of time to throw, and a decision usually quickly is made that a CB has a WR covered so well they go to their 2nd and 3rd reads sooner or almost by default. Also because there's only so much a star FS can do to plug up the poor cover work of a CB. He'll have two of them I imagine and can't be two places at once....tho the elite FS seem to manage this.

Another worry for QBs is the FS, and often it's a game of QB vs FS, the QB trying to fake him out and avoid being read. A star FS can get the jump on a QB and eliminate the deep threat due to the QB being burned whenever he does try to. So it would force a QB to check down more often. Therefore, a stud FS forces the pass game into being short where the LBs and CBs can better manage the nullified speed receivers who are now instructed to take crossing, out, in, and slant routes.

I just think that having poor CBs tho must be avoided. They can get burned deep so easily where even a top FS in single deep zone will not be able to thwart. I see so many long plays and TDs result from poor CB covering, misreads, etc, that the FS cannot get there quick enough.

You show poor sideline coverage and you'll have a long miserable day in Defense. The poor DBs also drop back a bit too far too often because they need the space to avoid getting burned and because they prefer to watch the WR too much. A star CB can press more knowing he's impenetrable deep.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's what I love about the Madden create a play feature. You can sit there and test out plays and sets that you "invent"

Never really got into that side of the game, i really should give it a go.

Just on Madden, is it worth buying 07 now or best to wait til 08 comes out?

Madden 07 (nextgen) isn't really that good IMO. The 2k5 series was better for certain things. But there are some features like superstar mode that you should definitely try. Both last-gen and next-gen.

Madden 08 wont come out till August-Decemeber this year. If you can wait that long? Or just buy a cheap 2nd hand one till then.

Ive actually started drawing some of my own plays. i don't really know if any of them would work but oh well

Do any involve the quarterback swapping teams if he's losing? :) just kidding mate good on you for having a go, post them up if you like

Apparently Washington OC Al Saunders has a 3000 page playbook . . . . . keep plugging away you'll get there :thumbsu:

Do any involve the quarterback swapping teams if he's losing? :) just kidding mate good on you for having a go, post them up if you like

Apparently Washington OC Al Saunders has a 3000 page playbook . . . . . keep plugging away you'll get there :thumbsu:

Any programs that u would be able to use to do them.

Any programs that u would be able to use to do them.

I assume that's a question. I guess Paint would be a handy program, albeit a little untidy. Or do what the guys said and try them out in the Madden games where you get to see them in action.

Pro Football Weekly

Dont know if any of you guys have subscribed to the online magazine Pro Football Weekly but I've just had a look and they also send it internationally by AirMail now. I got in via pdf a couple of years ago, quite a good read but would rather something like that in print.

1 years subscriptions (30 issues... inc. 1 each week of season)

US$79.95 + $135 (airmail) = US$214.95 / .80 = approx. A$270... seems like a bucket load but thats $9 an issue.

also $24 by surface mail but wouldnt get to you for around 2 weeks!

http://www.pfwstore.com/SearchResult.aspx?CategoryID=16

You can also buy for US$4.99 an issue (pdf)

... I'm 'thinking' about it

Re: Pro Football Weekly

My pay must have been burning a hole in my pocket but I have given the paper subscription a try. 10 editions (will get me to the start of the season I suspect)... put me out of pocket about $90

It will be interesting to see how long it takes to arrive by airmail. Because its not during the season i'll trial it to see if I would get them before the weeks games (probably not)

It also entitles me to the pdf version anyway but I cant handle reading an entire magazine on the screen nor do I want the cost of printing them out.

If it doesnt work out I'll just have to come into work on the weekends and print it out, haha

Remove this Banner Ad

Back