Other Favorite Football-Related Sites

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: New NFL.com

They're empty because all teams are still yet to cull their lists from 80 to 60 to 53.

On the old NFL.com you could still look at the charts during the off season. They even updated when transactions were completed. Maybe being a bit anal but like to study the charts well before the season starts. Other than that looks ok

How great is this new NFL.com

No longer do I need austar or perhaps even sopcast

I just caught up with all the preseason games via the video highlights... every game... 2 minutes plus for each... and i'm sure the regular season coverage will be 5 times as good

Now just got to hope they dont start charging for it.

Not sure if my work PC but Gamecenter is having all sorts of trouble keeping up with the Saints-Colts game. Bloody terrible!!

yeah they made a mitake giving Wayne the first touchdown. Frim the point they tried to correct the error it has been screwed. pathetic.

Just made a purchase from the NFL Shop

girlfriend got me a jersey for birthday but it is one of those ones with the big holes... I rather the printed ones you used to be able to buy in Australia. Just a warning anyway.

What I got tonight was:

Dallas hooded fleece
2 x Dallas hats
Dallas grey t-shirt
Indianapolis white t-shirt (just for something different, #2 team, haha)
and
McFarlane Series figurines of:
  • John Elway
  • Dan Marino
  • Peyton Manning

Cost me US$220 all up.

From PFT :

NFL.COM WILL BE FIXED FOR SUNDAY by Michael David Smith

It was noted during the Colts-Saints live blog that the newly redesigned NFL.com wasn't holding up very well during the first game of the season, with the score listed as Colts 1, Saints 0 for much of the game.

But an NFL spokesman says, via e-mail, that the site will be functioning properly during Sunday's games.

"It was technical issue related to a data feed," says the NFL's Dan Masonson. "This will be fixed for Sunday (as it was later in the game)."

Let's hope so. The NFL's new web site looks great, but having accurate scores on the scoreboard is kind of a big deal.

Just made a purchase from the NFL Shop

girlfriend got me a jersey for birthday but it is one of those ones with the big holes... I rather the printed ones you used to be able to buy in Australia. Just a warning anyway.

What I got tonight was:

Dallas hooded fleece
2 x Dallas hats
Dallas grey t-shirt
Indianapolis white t-shirt (just for something different, #2 team, haha)
and
McFarlane Series figurines of:
  • John Elway
  • Dan Marino
  • Peyton Manning
Cost me US$220 all up.

Come out, come out wherever you are...

There's obviously a raving Indy (err, I mean Manning) fan trapped inside that Cowboy's fan, desperately trying to get out.

Think Dr Frankenstein: "It's alive! It's ALIVE!"

You've finally crossed that line where you start buying another team's merchandise. Gradually seeing more Colts purchases and less Cowboys.

After a thunderous 41-10 victory, let's see how their performances thru the year affect how much or less you spend on them. If the Colts don't win another Superbowl for 20 years...

Come out, come out wherever you are...

There's obviously a raving Indy (err, I mean Manning) fan trapped inside that Cowboy's fan, desperately trying to get out.

Think Dr Frankenstein: "It's alive! It's ALIVE!"

You've finally crossed that line where you start buying another team's merchandise. Gradually seeing more Colts purchases and less Cowboys.

After a thunderous 41-10 victory, let's see how their performances thru the year affect how much or less you spend on them. If the Colts don't win another Superbowl for 20 years...

its all true... all true... its all about Peyton and Marvin however... once they go... I'm off the bandwagon.

The way I see it #1 i'm an nfl fan, #2 i'm a cowboys fan... didnt want to look one of those 'holden tools' with there cap... jacket... t-shirt... pants... etc... had to mix it up, wear my cowboys hat with indy t-shirt, haha :eek:

its all true... all true... its all about Peyton and Marvin however... once they go... I'm off the bandwagon.

The way I see it #1 i'm an nfl fan, #2 i'm a cowboys fan... didnt want to look one of those 'holden tools' with there cap... jacket... t-shirt... pants... etc... had to mix it up, wear my cowboys hat with indy t-shirt, haha :eek:

Buy your girlfriend a Manning ladies jersey, to be worn as a nightie, that way you can really let her know what you think of him!
Doggie style of course, so you can see the name plate.

Buy your girlfriend a Manning ladies jersey, to be worn as a nightie, that way you can really let her know what you think of him!
Doggie style of course, so you can see the name plate.

The thought had already crossed my mind - but to show my true Dallas colours... she wears my old Deion Sanders shirt.

The thought had already crossed my mind - but to show my true Dallas colours... she wears my old Deion Sanders shirt.

Deion wouldnt do it anymore. Always gotta find new toys, new thrills, new ways, etc. And we're talking Manning here. You wouldn't leave her alone for about 20 weeks in the year! Eventually she'll twig onto your shameful ruse, and wear it off-season as well. Your butt always finds its way to the edge of the seat whenever Manning is mentioned, so this is like some long-term man-crush.

Or, left hand, right hand thing. Deion and Peyton.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just checking out the NFL site proper this morning to see the results from overnight, and the site just blew me away. Was able to dial up highlights from the Broncos game just hours after it finished, and detailed analysis soon after that.

I dream of the day the AFL puts together a site with sortable videos and the type of functionality nfl.com now has.

:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

Ordered some stuff from NFLshop Midnight our time Friday night.... it hit Australia today and should hit my door-step Thursday morning.

That is unbelievable!!

$180 worth of stuff... about $40 freight. I'm happy with that, will definately buy again.

I hope NFL.com irons out the problem with gamecentre. To say it was flakey for Sunday's games is an understatement. It couldn't even keep up with the two Monday Night Football games.

Re: TMQ - Tuesday morning Quarterback

Bump.

For those that want to read the most intelligent columns in American sports, here is the link.

http://sports.espn.go.com/keyword/search?searchString=gregg_easterbrook

Most of it is football related and he also touches on non-football subjects close to his heart. If I only could read one sports columnist from the US, this guy would be it.

Good NFL websites

I thought it might be a good idea to start a thread where we could list certain sites that we use to find out what's happening in the NFL. (Especially with ESPN and the like making you pay money to view a lot of the content.)

Personally, I use www.realgmfootball.com

It focuses more on the administrative side of the game and most of its stories are from newspapers that you wouldn't read on other sites. The titles say it all most of the time do you don't even have to read the article if you are just after a few stories.

What other sites (besides ESPN and the NFL one) do you use?

Re: Good NFL websites

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/

Good all round for US sports but NFL section with Dr Z Paul Zimmerman and Peter King is tops. PFW as redragger mentioned is another good one.CBS and USA Today also.

It would be a dereliction of duty as Armchair Endzone Commissioner not to
nominate...

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl
:)

I also prescribe to redragger's nomination.

I use to hone into www.gridiron grumblings on a weekly basis but they flicked the switch to look after subscribers so I thought, no loss for me.. adios muchachos

coldhardfootballfacts.com

If not bias towards the Pats, they are the best week by week statistical analyzers, using (IMO) good stats to judge offence, defence... Plus they have the best analysing of the Offensive line and Defensive line I have seen anywhere...

http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/2_1024_Off._Hog_Index.html

http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/2_1135_Def._Hog_Index.html

Bendability, scorability etc...

They have an okay small forum, if not overrun by Pats (But hey, which site isn't these days?)

And they created the Cult of Dan :D
Cult of Dan – A massive cult headquartered in South Florida which believes that former Dolphins quarterback Dan Marino never won a Super Bowl because he was surrounded by, and victimized by, incompetent teammates, a bad running game, poor defense, and the list of excuses goes on and on. Cult of Dan members refuse to admit that Marino joined the defending AFC champs as a rookie, twice played with the No. 1 scoring defense in football, had the luxury of playing most of his career for the winningest coach in NFL history (Don Shula) and led teams littered with Pro Bowl performers, 55 of them, in fact.

It is the sole provider of the '32 Teams in 32 Days' thread

Plus it agrees most with what QB's I think are the true greats

Great site IMO

For everything Vikings, here are my personal favourites

http://min.scout.com/ - Vikings Update is part of the scout.com group, and has a mixture of subscription and free stuff

http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/ - the Star Tribune is one of the local newspapers

http://www.twincities.com/vikings - as is Twin Cities

http://www2.kfan.com/content/vikings/default.aspx - Vikings Sports Radio is good during the actual NFL regular season, they also have podcasts

http://thevikingage.com/ - this site is good for rumour and occassionally will give more info on stories that are subscription only elsewhere

Remove this Banner Ad

Back