Food, Drink & Dining Out Favourite Beer II

Remove this Banner Ad

Rochefort 12 my friend...

I might have had an average bottle, but I thought the Bernardus was heaps better - I've got some Westvleteren waiting in a cupboard for me too, I had the first one of each of those at a poor time and/or too cold into the glass to get the full package apparently... The 12 was pretty good anyway though.

timthumb.php

The Thornbridge Raven Black IPA is also magnificent.
Can have a few of these at a time.

Easy drinker, available everywhere and easy on the wallet. Bottle is weird but will get used to it.

I don't know. Have a feeling they may get back to the old bottle or maybe even something stubbier.

Sediment takes longer to filter around I find, or at least that's the way it looks.

The new bottle in nowhere. It's not elegant nor it's not particularly practical (unless you're a 10y.o. with small hands)

Not sure why to change something that was fine before. A change isn't always as a good as a holiday.

https://www.coopers.com.au/coopers-forum/topic/12446/?page=2
A big Bloody thankyou to the brainwave who decided to change
the shape of the stubby. You have made my personal & favourite holders crap!! The bottles are too tall, they flop around in my holder like a dick in a shirt sleeve. All this change so you can put 8 more cartons on a pallet, is this correct? regards (not kind) gazthou.

Just on a forum where the discussion revolves around the new bottle.
Cracked up when I saw the bolded comment above..................honestly.............who puts their dick in a shirt sleeve? :)

Back in the day when the sparkling ale was the bees knees, it had a ring pull top. It was murder opening it in a moving vehicle on a Saturday night enroute to the metro or chasers lol

First Sparkling Ale I ever had was at Oodnadatta Pub after a long dusty drive........................one my better beer experiences.......taste was........:thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Had a 4 pack of the mclaren vale IPA. Very very enjoyable beer. Maybe the best Australian IPA I've had.
Been enjoying a range of stouts and porters as the weather cools. The Sierra Nevada porter was one fine brew but I keep getting pulled back to my old mate Abbottsford stout. A truly underrated beer and becoming my default dark beer.
What other dark beers are the educated masses drinking?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back