Food, Drink & Dining Out Favourite Beer II

Remove this Banner Ad

Terrific stuff but still feel the Tuatara to have been better. May have to put the side by side again for further evaluation :)

Would still like to hear to what others thought about Coopers Vintage Ale. May just be nearing becoming my favourite Aussie brew.
I've been meaning to try it. But always get something different, even though I like Cooper's. The last one I had I think was the Celebration Ale.

I've been meaning to try it. But always get something different, even though I like Cooper's. The last one I had I think was the Celebration Ale.

I've gone mad over the Vintage but only one or max, two at a time.

I can feel stout season coming on................................Black is back.

I've gone mad over the Vintage but only one or max, two at a time.

I can feel stout season coming on................................Black is back.
I actually looked in my local bottle shop today for the Vintage with no luck.
So bought a Cooper's Stout. I only bought one bottle to try because I haven't had it before.

I actually looked in my local bottle shop today for the Vintage with no luck.
So bought a Cooper's Stout. I only bought one bottle to try because I haven't had it before.

Just got back from the bottle shop...............and Vintage has sold out...............I kicked a dog.

The Celebration Ale is just O.K. but the vintage is the real deal. Not happy tonight and to make it worse they didn't have The Southern Harvest.

kooinda-black-ipa-beer-online-1357601289.jpg

Not too bad for an Aussie black IPA.
No problem having one of these a night.

kooinda-black-ipa-beer-online-1357601289.jpg

Been held in high regard for quite a while now.

Just gets nicer as you go along
Been held in high regard for quite a while now.

I know but just finished off my first one.
Been having some American blacks in recent times and this is far from an embarrassment.

May have taken us some time but we're starting to produce some good beers here in relatively recent years.

I've really enjoyed the Rogue and Hopworks black IPA's recently.

I haven't tried many Australian made APA for a while, but when I did, Alpha was easily the best Australian APA.

Stone and Wood is decent for what it's meant to be.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not much of a fan of Alpha Pale Ale at all. It's decent enough, but there's so many other beers I'd prefer If I'm paying 20 bucks for a 4 pack.
agree completely, it's very alright, Ild rather carlton draught

Not a huge fan of Matilda bay TBO since they moved to victoria, Beez Neez used to be very sweet but a decent beer, they changed the taste completely. Fat yak is Eh and redback is putrid and tastes of ham

Last edited:
Odd question, but people on here seem to really know their beer, when you drink these nice craft brews do you accompany it with food or anything, or drink it on its own?

Last edited:
Kooinda's very good, much prefer those tropical fruit hops (like Nelson) in my black IPAs, works better with the chocolate.
If you like the style, Feral's is out on Tuesday.

Odd question, but people on here seem to really know their beer, when you drink these nice craft brews do you accompany it with food or anything or drink its on its own?
Not really. Generally I'll have a beer with dinner, but that's more pairing stuff the other way, i.e. the beer is secondary to the food.
If I'm trying something for the first time, I try to drink it on its own.

Odd question, but people on here seem to really know their beer, when you drink these nice craft brews do you accompany it with food or anything or drink its on its own?

On their own for me.

If I'm having something special I'd sooner not mix it with food.
Some of the weight of the heavier beers makes them a food of their own...:)

Not sure if it's had a mention here or not - too lazy to read back very far.

BLUE MOON. Served in a 575ml glass with an orange on the lip. An interesting citrus taste.

Well worth a try if you haven't already :thumbsu:

images

Not sure if it's had a mention here or not - too lazy to read back very far.

BLUE MOON. Served in a 575ml glass with an orange on the lip. An interesting citrus taste.

Well worth a try if you haven't already :thumbsu:

images
Had a decent amount of the stuff when I was in New York. Goes quite nicely in hot weather- which it was when I was there.

It's a wheat beer.

Had a decent amount of the stuff when I was in New York. Goes quite nicely in hot weather- which it was when I was there.

It's a wheat beer.

I only tried it two weeks back. Was sitting in a beer garden and a waitress walked past with two 575 mi glasses on her tray. Saw it and had to have it. Liked the taste enough I went back the next week for more. May hit on it again at the weekend.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back