Food, Drink & Dining Out Favourite Beer II

Remove this Banner Ad

am just trying my first Matso's Mango Beer.
really nice surprisingly

Girlfriend is working a late/early shift (off 1000PM, start again 700) on NYE/NYD so it will be a quiet one at home for us.
Planning on Adnams Ghost Ship Pale, then might have some Johnnie Black.

How was the Ghost Ship? I've been a big fan of the Broadside for many many years now, and saw that the other day and nearly bought it.

How was the Ghost Ship? I've been a big fan of the Broadside for many many years now, and saw that the other day and nearly bought it.
Really good, really nice epa. Not earth shattering, but a good beer. Would definitely purchase again.

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

ba21f7a0e3901be2655a3add73390f75_320x320.jpg

Had a few of these over the hot new years period at the Galleys Diner in Daylesford (awesome/massive burgers), along with their Golden Ale they were pretty damn fine food/beer combo.

Just drank a Carlton Cold. I don't know why I bought it. I can't believe how bland it is. Will not buy again.

Think the only time I bought it was when they served those large plastic bottles of it at Waverley mid-late 90s. Not my beer - the Yanks do that thing much better (i.e. Light tasting alcohol delivery beverages ala Coors).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Samual Adams Larger goes ok.

Not like your traditional American beer that had a watered down flavour but a strong larger taste.

Think the only time I bought it was when they served those large plastic bottles of it at Waverley mid-late 90s. Not my beer - the Yanks do that thing much better (i.e. Light tasting alcohol delivery beverages ala Coors).
Cold, Dry, Tooheys Extra Dry, they're all terrible. I don't understand how people can drink it at all. They all seem to have a really big yeast 'vibe' to them even though they're generally devoid of any taste at all. There's also something almost sweet about them too? Terrible guff. Same category as Corona, Sol, the Wahoo Summer Ale, stuff like that.

I never actually hated Buttweiper or Coors too much. The latter doesn't have much alcohol percentage, but there's still something refreshing about them. You can obviously have about half a carton to yourself and get away with no bloated feeling, but I dunno, rarely buy them but never really regret it.

Tried some Dundee IPA at work the other day. They were on a decent special. They're usually about 22, 23 bucks for six, but they are about 6.5% alcohol. A pretty good beer, but very very tarty and full tasting. I like my beers bitter but these things really make you question having a third or fourth. Lovely coffee-ish, caramel smell when you pour it though; that lovely light brown head and dark brown pour.

Talking alcohol percentage on beer is pretty fussy I reckon. Like English cans of beer can taste great around 3 percent, and Coopers vintage is nearly 8 percent. But it doesn't matter, you can't really get drunk off beer on it's own anyway, just bloated if you drink too much.

Talking alcohol percentage on beer is pretty fussy I reckon. Like English cans of beer can taste great around 3 percent, and Coopers vintage is nearly 8 percent. But it doesn't matter, you can't really get drunk off beer on it's own anyway, just bloated if you drink too much.

You obviously haven't drunk too many quality American beers lol

You obviously haven't drunk too many quality American beers lol
Haha no. Drank something called Moonshine Grand Ridge that was maybe 11 percent. Which isn't even wine content.

BTW I didn't mean to sound like a boozer. What I meant was I would never drink beer in order to be affected by alcohol.

Last edited:
I don't drink anything else do I've been smashed off beer manyyyyy times.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back