Food & Drink Favourite Beers

Remove this Banner Ad

No havent tried Matsos, will keep an eye out - brewed in Broome eh?

I found Hawthorn IPA in 1st Choice Liquor, $17 for a 6 pack, pretty good drop I had my first one last night!

I'll confess that I love beer. I love brewing it and obviously drinking it. Since my ill spent youth I no longer touch anything from the mega brewers like Lion Nathan or CUB. I had a Carlton Draught the other night at a footy meeting and it tasted like an ashtray.

My favourite's in no particular order :

Westmalle Tripel
Duvel
Little Creatures Pale Ale
Sierra Nevada Torpedo IPA
Murrays Wild Thing Imperial Stout (awesome on a winters night watching the footy)
Rochefort Trappistes 10

I really enjoyed a Matlida Bay beer called Crema , its brewed with coffee beans. A few years ago I drank Ten pints at the Queens in MtLawley WA, I could not stop and felt wide awake. If anybody knows were I could find please let me know.

Has to be the blue Chimay for me, though I'm a little embarrassed to admit it - makes me feel like a beer snob. Unfortunately, I am a 'super-lite' weight; half a standard drink and I'm out cold. Besides that, it has to be Bundy ginger beer for me.

People have already named a few of my favourites, but one glaring omission from the list is Feral Brewing Company's Hop Hog India Pale Ale. Possibly my favourite Australian-brewed beer. I'm a big fan of US IPA's, and that one is a WA-made pearler.

Stone & Wood Pacific Ale is great on a hot day, but hard to find in these parts.

The Sail & Anchor in Freo just had a US craft beer month and the Rogue Yellow Snow IPA was something to behold. Was a tragic day when the last pint was poured.

People have already named a few of my favourites, but one glaring omission from the list is Feral Brewing Company's Hop Hog India Pale Ale. Possibly my favourite Australian-brewed beer. I'm a big fan of US IPA's, and that one is a WA-made pearler.

Stone & Wood Pacific Ale is great on a hot day, but hard to find in these parts.

The Sail & Anchor in Freo just had a US craft beer month and the Rogue Yellow Snow IPA was something to behold. Was a tragic day when the last pint was poured.
yes, the hop hog IPA is a ripper. not a big fan of the rest of their brews though.

yes, the hop hog IPA is a ripper. not a big fan of the rest of their brews though.

With you there - i had the displeasure of picking up a 4-pack of their Golden Ace Golden Ale about 2 weeks ago. There are still 3 sitting at the back of my fridge. Tastes like an off lemon squash, not even a beer. Weird how they can make such a great IPA but such a horrible golden ale.

Here's a place in Austria where you literally bathe in beer.

tl-horizontal_main

http://www.thrillist.com/travel/nat...y-castle-where-you-can-literally-swim-in-beer

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any of the GAGE Rd breweries (W.A) range are really good. Wahoo is my favorite followed by their Premium then Pils 3.5. Of the overseas varieties. Guinness make a brew (not yet in Aust) called Smithwicks, its is fantastic. We need to have it here. :)

Schöfferhofer (sold in 500ml bottles or on tap)

It's a German Wheat Beer, typical flavours of cloves and spices with a hint of banana. Fantastically full bodied, a nice lemon zest comes through on the back palate to refresh the the taste. A beauty! (almost gold & brown too)

image.jpg

I've become a bit of a beer w***er of late - but only because when Fosters sold to SABMiller it meant every big label beer in this country was foreign owned - which made me rather miffed. As a result I'll try any new craft Aussie beer I can find a but the tried and tested for me at the moment is Coopers Pale Ale or Mountain Goat Steam Ale. Happy to pay a bit extra to keep the profits in Aussie companies, especially the smaller brewers who are having a go.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back