Favourite game(s);

Remove this Banner Ad

Tubzy

Debutant
Oct 16, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
Mine would have to be (obviously not including grand finals) when we came back from 40 points against Geelong awhile back. Mainly because I live in Geelong, and I hate the fans.

What's yours?

Of the games I've been to, the win at home vs Geelong (2011 more so than 2012 but 2012 was pretty awesome too despite the umpiring .... DELIBERATE!!!), the Semi Final vs Carlton along with the flogging we handed out against Adelaide (epic Mexican Waves in the last quarter) in 2011 and the 2012 Elimination Final vs North Melbourne.

Live...would have to be the Syndey 2005 QF....amazing atmosphere...especially that Hunter hanger....also the Blues semi last year.

No finals, would be JK 10 goal haul game

Mine would have to be (obviously not including grand finals) when we came back from 40 points against Geelong awhile back. Mainly because I live in Geelong, and I hate the fans.

What's yours?

54 points down midway through the third. Epic game.

06 GF by far for me.

You lucky bastard.

Couldn't believe my luck; was my first time out of the state, can you believe it?

80,000 at the 'G for Pies vs Saints; Everton friendly at Etihad; Le Cras' 12 goal game.

Was an awesome weekend.

Couldn't believe my luck; was my first time out of the state, can you believe it?

80,000 at the 'G for Pies vs Saints; Everton friendly at Etihad; Le Cras' 12 goal game.

Was an awesome weekend.

so jelly

Anyway, for the LeCras v Essendon I was away at a friend's dinner. Couldn't believe it when I found out that (a) we won, and (b) f***ing TWELVE. The dinner was average too. :mad:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The best game i've seen live was WC v Carlton 2006

Losing for the whole match to my most hated side. Down by 30 pts at 3/4 time. Hunter swung into the forward line. 8 goal final quarter. Won by 10 pts.

EDIT: oddly enough, our defensive coach, and our full forward were both playing for Carlton in that match.

so jelly

Anyway, for the LeCras v Essendon I was away at a friend's dinner. Couldn't believe it when I found out that (a) we won, and (b) f***ing TWELVE. The dinner was average too. :mad:
and he holds the Etihad goals in a game record. Maybe when we play there they should put up the LeCras end???????

Cummings 14 was pretty memorable to be at

pictionary.jpg

Was an awesome weekend.

Rofl serious? That was my first and only Eagles game I've watched in Melbourne. The Essendon supporters behind us were booing and abusing their own players, mostly Neagle lulz

Apart from the Grand Finals, the win against Adelaide in the PF at AAMI in 2006 was immense. Still the last team to win an away PF (tho also the last team to lose a QF after finishing 1st....... though it didnt matter in the end).

Rofl serious? That was my first and only Eagles game I've watched in Melbourne. The Essendon supporters behind us were booing and abusing their own players, mostly Neagle lulz

Haha the Essendon fans around me were too busy booing Knights to boo anybody else. :p

What's yours?

i'm sure it was over 50 points actually?

and I was also at the game.....!!! and I agree..!!
most years the mrs and i would go and visit melbourne and we ineveitably end up spending some friends with our geelong member friends who live in lara just out of geelong....

i said to the mrs,, hey we should go to this game, shes not as big into footy as me.... but my mate scotty the geelong boy, well his mrs was going so my mrs said yeah ok...

i pay like 50 bucks a ticket it was a ripoff.... and got seats right behind the goals at the "Lambys pub" end for anyone who knows the ground...

before the game head to one of the locals with our friends and have a $12 chicken parmi, love the value in geelong, and amazingly there are alot of eagles fans around....

we were getting pumped early on.... and i remember in the second quarter near us, some poor bastard had a heart attack and they worked on him for about 20 minutes before carting him away... but the 3rd quarter, kerr really started to get the boys pumped....

i'll never forget hitting the front on the last quarter and i got up and screamed yeah and another older bloke about 5 seats up did the same and then we both sort of looked at each other, and realised that there was silence and a few muttered swear words and just sat down lol

it was just the best day ever. had beers in lambys pub afterwards high 5ing random eagles fans whilst our geelong friends and their relatives pretty much stood around in silence....

have been back a few times since and we have been pumped lol... still for anyone who hasnt been their, i fully recommend heading to kardinya park its a cool place, and whilst its a bit countryish its a really cool ground and puts subiaco to shame.....

Adelaide prelim at AAMI springs to mind. Knowing that we had their measure and we were going to come back and then actually doing it.

From the current group, it's definitely NicNat vs. Hawthorn in the rain. A star is born, Campbell Brown with his tough guy routine, Luke Hodge picking NN up and patting him on the head. Genuine electricity in the crowd that night.

Adelaide prelim at AAMI springs to mind. Knowing that we had their measure and we were going to come back and then actually doing it.

From the current group, it's definitely NicNat vs. Hawthorn in the rain. A star is born, Campbell Brown with his tough guy routine, Luke Hodge picking NN up and patting him on the head. Genuine electricity in the crowd that night.
I couldn't agree more.

Beating Carlton at Etihad in 2011 for the first time since Judd left was pretty special too. After this game it really put to bed the previous three seasons of turmoil, poor performances and heartache (over both Ben and Chris). That photo of Schofield celebrating his goal is awesome!

Cuz's comeback game against the Swans brings back some good memories.

The one Eagles match I have watched interstate - Le Cras vs Essendon at Etihad. Never will forget being there.
thats the only Eagles game ive seen interstate as well! Went over with a workmate not expecting much, and then the best win of the year occurs and the Eagles chant rings out in the 4th quarter. Proudly wore my Eagles guernsey all over Melbourne that night. :thumbsu:

Was an awesome weekend.
Ok Wayne is that you lol?

I also went to the Pies vs Saints game at the G. Did you see Joffa and the rest of the Magpie ferals singing all sorts of chants outside the ground after the game for about 20 minutes? Bloody hell they are passionate, and feral. Must say though, for 80,000 people when we left our seats as soon as the siren went, the ground emptied easily without any of the stalling that you get at Subi.

Ok Wayne is that you lol?

I also went to the Pies vs Saints game at the G. Did you see Joffa and the rest of the Magpie ferals singing all sorts of chants outside the ground after the game for about 20 minutes? Bloody hell they are passionate, and feral. Must say though, for 80,000 people when we left our seats as soon as the siren went, the ground emptied easily without any of the stalling that you get at Subi.

Haha not Wayne.

That was such a s**t game. All I remember of it was Leigh Brown dominating...he kicked 3 in the first quarter, yeah? A few really good shots from the boundary.

Loved the ground, though. Walking in got to watch BT and the crew doing a radio bit outside the ground, felt like I was watching the great Ron Burdandy. :p :thumbsu:

Haha not Wayne.

That was such a s**t game. All I remember of it was Leigh Brown dominating...he kicked 3 in the first quarter, yeah? A few really good shots from the boundary.

Loved the ground, though. Walking in got to watch BT and the crew doing a radio bit outside the ground, felt like I was watching the great Ron Burdandy. :p :thumbsu:
yeah the ground is awesome. We did the MCG tour the day before which was pretty cool. And Etihad also shits all over Subi. Hardly a queue for anything whether it be food, drinks, ATM or toilets. Was impressed with how close to the ground the upper level seats feel also. Was yelling out encouragement from my Row A seat all game to the boys.

Yeah the Pies/Saints game was ordinary considering the crowd size and the build up. Was hoping for a tight close game but got the opposite. Anyway was stoked that the first ever away game ive spent $1000+ on turned out to be a Lecras 12 goal jacket waiving game. Money well spent! And how tame are the Essendon supporters? Seemed liked mostly young kids and elderly who are bombers members.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back