Fights and hits in Rugby League

Remove this Banner Ad

spell_check

Premiership Player
Oct 26, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
One thing that the NRL has over the AFL is the biff. Reg Reagans' campaign is more successful than he thinks (I think this area RL has always had the upper hand). No NTTAWWTy jumper punching, NRL players aren't afraid to swing a few.

I have a few questions:

What's the biggest brawl anyone here have seen in Rugby League?

Who were those two players in 1985 - one from Aust. the other from N.Z who continued their battle after they were sent off?

Who in their opinion was/is the best/worst hitman in Rugby League?
(Hopoate doesn't count because he is a disgrace)

spell_check said:
One thing that the NRL has over the AFL is the biff. Reg Reagans' campaign is more successful than he thinks (I think this area RL has always had the upper hand). No NTTAWWTy jumper punching, NRL players aren't afraid to swing a few.

I have a few questions:

Who were those two players in 1985 - one from Aust. the other from N.Z who continued their battle after they were sent off?

There have been a lot of massive brawls in RL in the "good old days"..

Borrow the 25 years of State of origin DVD from video ezy and you'll see a few.

This site has a bit of info about those days..
http://www.eraofthebiff.com/

RL is a great deal cleaner now than in days gone by...

spell_check said:

I don't remember who the Kiwi was but the Aussie was Greg Dowling.

Growing I loved watching Ian Roberts (no gay joked please) put on huge tackles on people. Sonny-Bill Williams last year put on some beauties.
Best ever has to be Wally Lewis on some Kiwi dude in a test match.

Growing up I loved watching Ian Roberts (no gay jokes please) put on huge tackles on people. Sonny-Bill Williams last year put on some beauties.

babyg said:
Growing I loved watching Ian Roberts (no gay joked please) put on huge tackles on people. Sonny-Bill Williams last year put on some beauties.

Yeah I think I remember the Wally tackle you're talking about.

Big Dazza Eastlake Gettting right into it , I love Tests.

The last three years of internationals have been arwsome. Probably better than origin, but I'm a qlder. Tri-Nations should be great at the end of the year. Can't wait for France and PNG to step up in a few years.

spell_check said:

I have a few questions:

Kevin Tamati v Greg Dowling

One of the biggest brawls I have seen in an NRL match was the N.QLD Cowboys vs Auckland Warriors match at Townsville Stadium (not sure of the year). It wasn't a good image for rugby league with players spilling into the crowd and over the cheerleaders.

Locally, Wyong v The Entrance on Grand Final day at Central Coast Stadium in front of 13,000 in pouring rain. Three players sent off, 4 sin-binned and the officials involved were asked to leave the ground. Sent the crowd into a frenzy. Again, not too good an image for rugby league but I'll admit that I liked both incidents.

babyg said:
The last three years of internationals have been awesome. Probably better than origin, but I'm a qlder. Tri-Nations should be great at the end of the year. Can't wait for France and PNG to step up in a few years.
The French will be a threat to the big 3 within the next 5 years, espeially England which leads onto hitmen and I'd have to say that Englishmen, Adrian Morley would be up there with Kiwi, Sonny Bill Williams as the hitman of the modern area.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back