Preview Finals 2014 Discussion: Sydney v Fremantle, 2.45pm Sat Sept 6th, ANZ Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not about blowing smoke up Freos arse, its just our utter hatred towards your club in general.

Can understand it. We have crushed you more times than I can actually remember. Freo are a great club with great character but the last thing they need on their gravy train is soft options.

I think this game will be game of the round. No free-wheeling just bash and crash which in a close game is a great spectacle. I know Freo are scoring more now but I must admit, I still do prefer a hard contest rather than loose men everywhere chipping it around to each other. If it's going down to the wire there will be some sore bodies the following week for the loser.

I think this game will be game of the round. No free-wheeling just bash and crash which in a close game is a great spectacle. I know Freo are scoring more now but I must admit, I still do prefer a hard contest rather than loose men everywhere chipping it around to each other. If it's going down to the wire there will be some sore bodies the following week for the loser.
They are still both a class above Port or Richmond.

Especially Freo. Will not be beaten in a Subiaco Prelim. Swans not so much.
True, playing at ANZ is not the biggest guarantee for the Swans. If they win, they should get the prelim at SCG otherwise it's not doing them any favours.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's not about blowing smoke up Freos arse, its just our utter hatred towards your club in general.
So stupid. Ask outside the myopic confines of Big Footy and you'll find most WC supporters massively respect the Swans, and most Swans supporters massively respect West Coast.

If you as an Eagles supporter can't see what a great club the Sydney Swans are, that's probably mostly just a reflection of your small-mindedness.

So stupid. Ask outside the myopic confines of Big Footy and you'll find most WC supporters massively respect the Swans, and most Swans supporters massively respect West Coast.

If you as an Eagles supporter can't see what a great club the Sydney Swans are, that's probably mostly just a reflection of your small-mindedness.

Bullshit to the former. This ain't 2010 any more champ, you'll find that very few real footy fans respect the AFL Swans any more.

Bullshit to the former. This ain't 2010 any more champ, you'll find that very few real footy fans respect the AFL Swans any more.
Your use of the BS term "AFL Swans" shows you're not particularly interested in facts, but I'm afraid actual surveys of people outside of BF put the lie to your fondly-held prejudice.

What did that recent AFL survey of the most hated clubs show? A miniscule 3% or something hate the Swans. (As a reference point for you, compared to something like 20% for the Pies).

Issues that are huge scandals on BF simply don't rate in the real (i.e. facts-based) world. Step outside and sniff the breeze.

Your use of the BS term "AFL Swans" shows you're not particularly interested in facts, but I'm afraid actual surveys of people outside of BF put the lie to your fondly-held prejudice.

What did that recent AFL survey of the most hated clubs show? A miniscule 3% or something hate the Swans. (As a reference point for you, compared to something like 20% for the Pies).

Issues that are huge scandals on BF simply don't rate in the real (i.e. facts-based) world. Step outside and sniff the breeze.

Because many people will hate other clubs more than they hate Sydney. But the perception of your team has changed immeasurably in the past few years amongst the public.

Because many people will hate other clubs more than they hate Sydney. But the perception of your team has changed immeasurably in the past few years amongst the public.
Wow, in that case, Collingwood must have done something seriously bad then. What did they do? Slaughter a whole lot of baby animals on Mad Monday last year?

Your opinion is based on what, exactly?

Here's Garry Lyon, an expert who is someone we can all agree has no vested interest in the Swans, giving you what I believe is a truer picture of what people believe about the Sydney Swans Football Club:

http://www.smh.com.au/afl/afl-news/rumours-of-swans-demise-are-buddy-ridiculous-20140328-zqo1a.html

So. I've cited one survey, and one article by an insider. Neither, of course, which are absolute clinchers in an argument. But a whole lot more than you've dished up - "you'll find that"... "But the perception"...

How many West Coast fans do you know or talk to in Sydney?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back