Finals ticketing update

Remove this Banner Ad

I can report ticket sales at 9AM for AFL Members was going off **** as expected. Couldn't get level 2 but managed to snap up a couple of level one wing seats. Unfortunately they aren't undercover so I'm hoping the rain stays away. Picked 1 game to go to this weekend and thought Richmond vs Carlton would be the most exciting! $18 for each ticket was too good to pass up on!

Had 2 phones, got both games (hawks/tiges) level 2, 4th row.

very easy

Can the AFL or MCG tell us how many tickets are allocated to the club members for the blues v tigers game and how many members from each club purchased tickets?

Be interesting to see

Can the AFL or MCG tell us how many tickets are allocated to the club members for the blues v tigers game and how many members from each club purchased tickets?

Be interesting to see

They just keep selling the whole ground section by section, excluding the AFL/MCC members of course.
A break down would be interesting, I'm guessing a lot more Tigers purchased.

A break down would be interesting, I'm guessing a lot more Tigers purchased.

Yes I'm guessing it will be a pretty pro-Richmond crowd (including any neutrals).

Carlton supporters interest in this game is only luke warm compared to Richmond's. I know of two that were waiting until Wednesday to see what the weather would be like. LOL looks like they missed out.

I assuming the series ticket game is the Hawthorn vs Sydney game looking at the available tickets? Then adding the 6,000 series tickets onto Hawks vs Swans game means they have sold the same amount of tickets so far. I think 65k for the Hawks V Swans and 60k for the pies vs Power.

Collingwood might struggle to get 50K, Geelong v Freo should have been at the MCG and the Pies shunted to Etihad. The AFL really has lost the plot.

Collingwood got 54k against Adelaide this year in a regular season match. I don't think they'll struggle to crack 50k in a final.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFL website says Hawks v Swans is the series ticket game.

Who actually has these series tickets? I've always assumed it is some sort of internal AFL/Club allocation for players/staff etc?

They are sold as series tickets for corporate/entertainment packages - with each package, you get a ticket to one finals game per weekend up to and including the grand final. And the AFL designates which game it will be each weekend before the GF (generally the lowest drawing). I got one through work a few years ago.

Comeon all you MCC members come and fill the G on Sunday! Will be 90,000 +

You literally cannot purchase tickets at all for this game now unless you pay 300 % over cost on EBAY.

How on earth did that many tickets get sold on that sh1t that is Ticketek's website??
Seriously, everytime!! You would think at some point they in conjunction with the AFL would come to some sort of arrangement that means not all games go on sale at the same time.
I gave up in the end on my desktop and did it through my mobile. No problems, no hassles and got great seats.

How on earth did that many tickets get sold on that sh1t that is Ticketek's website??
Seriously, everytime!! You would think at some point they in conjunction with the AFL would come to some sort of arrangement that means not all games go on sale at the same time.
I gave up in the end on my desktop and did it through my mobile. No problems, no hassles and got great seats.

You can also use the mobile website from your desk top, even easier.

Comeon all you MCC members come and fill the G on Sunday! Will be 90,000 +

You literally cannot purchase tickets at all for this game now unless you pay 300 % over cost on EBAY.

If it's not raining then I think the MCC will fill.

Could be like the 2007 prelim when the MCC shut the gates and thousands missed out. They even locked out some people who had left with a pass out. Then inside the ground as the national anthem started you could hear them boooing because they coudn't get in. If they don't like missing out then they should sort out a proper seating system.

What are the dress regulations for the AFL members area and how strict are they?

Making the trek down from Darwin to watch all four games this week, cannot wait.

What are the dress regulations for the AFL members area and how strict are they?

Making the trek down from Darwin to watch all four games this week, cannot wait.

No standards at all. Just wear whatever you like.

Has anoyone had dealing with ticketek over lost ticket before? They are reserved seating and I have proof of purchase, but I have lost the item.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back