Discussion Finals Week 2: Predictions, Photos, and Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

This year North wore
North_Home_zps37543d95.png
whereas in their last away game vs Sydney they wore
North_Clash_zps1a455d03.png
. The latter should be used as Sydney should be considered to have red AND white as their major colours. However this mustn't be the case otherwise they'd have a jumper with even more red for away games v North and Geelong, which they don't.
There's no way a case could be made for North's main jumper clashing with Sydney. Surely.

There's no way a case could be made for North's main jumper clashing with Sydney. Surely.
How much mutual white do we need before there's a clash? From the chest to the shorts on the front, in one big block, is white. Surely that equals a major colour of the kit?

There was no clash between us and Geeleong last night, and there hasn't been a clash between us and Collingwood in ages. To say having one kit light and the other kit dark isn't enough to prevent a clash, then that's got to be a joke.

all three match-ups (excluding North home to Geelong) have considerable amount of white. Geelong's alternative (the one they wear away at North) is the only one that purposely narrows its stripes so the navy is the main colour in their strip from all angles. yet the narrower white hoops still stand out greatly on that jersey due to the dark background.

and it's this amount of white on the front of North's the alternative jersey that i'm referring too. it gives the appearance of more white than the royal blue when front on. the white stripes could be narrowed a bit to give the entire strip more of a royal blue appearance (i.e., their differentiating colour to both geeling and collingwood) in it's entirety and still maintain the 3 stripes.

Last edited:
all three match-ups (excluding North home to Geelong) have considerable amount of white. Geelong's alternative (the one they wear away at North) is the only one that purposely narrows its stripes so the navy is the main colour in their strip from all angles. yet the narrower white hoops still stand out greatly on that jersey due to the dark background.

and it's this amount of white on the front of North's the alternative jersey that i'm referring too. it gives the appearance of more white than the royal blue when front on. the white stripes could be narrowed a bit to give the entire strip more of a royal blue appearance (i.e., their differentiating colour to both geeling and collingwood) in it's entirety and still maintain the 3 stripes.
I get your points, but let's respectfully agree to disagree.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back