Competition FIRA franchise nominations thread - Enter here!

Remove this Banner Ad

El_Scorcho

Hall of Famer
Aug 21, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Aston Villa, San Antonio Spurs
Use this thread to bid for a spot in the competition.

As I said in the proposal, these bids don't have to be locked in straight away. If you're really set on a certain city or a certain mascot, but the other aspect of the nomination doesn't matter as much, I can work with you to move cities or change mascots while keeping the other aspect.

If when i'm compiling this I run into any issues, i'll talk to the people who's bids are clashing and try to work out a compromise.

Ideally, I don't want two franchises from the same city, even across divisions. I will probably allow 2 franchises in the same city if they are in different divisions if the city is massive, like London or New York or something of similar stature.

Also, I want people to tell me what division they'd like to be in. This isn't a guarantee, but it will help me sort everything out.

At this stage, i'll take bids from Australia, but i'd encourage you to be a bit more inventive given that there is an entire separate competition devoted to Australian teams. I'd also hope given that this is a worldwide competition, you'd go for a bigger city like Melbourne or Sydney etc for your team as opposed to a suburban Australian team, if you do choose to go Australian. Ultimately your choice.

Nomination format:
------------------------------------------
Requested Division: (1 or 2)
1st Preference
2nd Preference
Notes: (in this section, tell me what is most important to you about your bid, whether it's a certain city, a certain country or a certain nickname, so I know where the wiggle room is if it doesn't all work out, and I can try to keep everyone fairly happy. Leave it blank if you don't particularly care.)
-------------------------------------------

If i've missed something, let me know.

Edit: Tentative important dates!

Nominations due roughly 1/1/15, and nominations confirmed shortly after

Competition kick off on roughly 15/3/15

Both dates are subject to change but use them as a guide.

Just for info, what will be required for entry is 4 kits for your club, which will be made up of a home, a clash, and two one off kits. You can supply a logo but there will be no official logo round.

One of the one off kits will be a "Regional pride" round, where you can celebrate your country, region, state, city, etc etc etc. The other one is of your choosing.

Last edited:

Requested Division: 2
1st Preference
Nickname: Lionhearts
2nd Preference
Nickname: Lionhearts
Notes: I'm happy to change cities or countries if need be, but Lionhearts is a nickname that I'd like to stick with.

how long have we got to submit teams? i'd prefer to know what's going on with the IFA first, purely to see if/what one of my teams got in.
It will be 2-3 weeks minimum. We have a few other things to sort out in regards to league names and league logos anyway. I'd be looking at roughly the new year.

1st Preference
Nickname: Secretariat's
2nd Preference
Nickname: Bulls

1st Preference
Nickname: Crows
2nd Preference
Nickname: Warriors
Country: I don't even know where Warsaw is but I'll edit this when I find out.
Poland

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We'll just have to bump up a few people who have been around a while and are selling themselves short and have the ability to improve significantly and compete *cough* akkaps *cough*

Paint users have no excuse now that bacon warrior uploaded that awesome paint template IMO.

Anyway, my nomination.

Requested Division: 1
1st Preference
Nickname: Bears
2nd Preference
Nickname: Vikings

FYI I won't bump people up unless I need to or I think someone is really underselling themselves, and I'll discuss it with them first.

1st Preference
Nickname: Bears
2nd Preference
Nickname:Cannons
Notes: would prefer to be in a lower division, if required will change Belfast/ Phoenix, but keep bears and cannons.
i don't care which one you pick, i don't have a preference.
El_Scorcho, i've changed it now, i'd prefer to leave it as is right now, but if someone else wants Columus, we'll figure something out.

Last edited:
El_Scorcho, is this still going to go ahead if the IFA conferences 'issue' gets resolved? Do you see this comp as an alternative to IFA, a completely different comp altogether, or a protest that was never really going to eventuate?

I see this as a completely different competition and I encourage people to enter either comp or both or neither, whatever each individual decides.

I want it to go ahead and I feel that it's now past the stage where what happens with the IFA is relevant to the fate of this competition.

The protests I made against the IFA were via posts in the IFA thread and once I withdrew my bid I was no longer really protesting, as such. I'm now simply running the competition I want to see run, which I didn't feel the IFA was.

TP14, I'm not selling myself short, I'm just being realistic. I may have the presence on this board to warrant an A Grade spot, but I don't have the design skills.
I'll do my best to keep you in div 2, but keep challenging yourself. Don't be disheartened by the NAFL, learn from it, figure out what you have to do to improve and compete and do it. If you want feedback, never be afraid to ask

Requested Division: 2
1st Preference
Nickname: Hermines (Les Hermines de Rennes)
2nd Preference
Nickname: Pumas
Notes: I prefer the first location.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back