First final

Remove this Banner Ad

Go the Friday. We don't travel, competitor does. Half our team are rested. Best possible chance to win with the longest break to the next game.

First hosting the qualifying final on Sunday has happened in 2003, 2004 and from 2007 to 2009. It is not unprecedented.

At least one of the Perth-based games will be on Sunday, just a matter of which one.

Remember, AFL have form in dicking both us and West Coast over in finals.
Not to mention getting the ground ready again after Fri night

It'll either be Friday night or Saturday night.
They never play qualification finals on the Sunday (to give them the advantage for the semi finals), and you can't play two games in Perth on the same day.

I assume the protocol will be to ask Fremantle (as the minor premier) which night they would prefer: Friday night after a 6 day break and travel, or Saturday night after a 7 day break.

Friday night: Qualification Final (most likely West Coast vs. Hawthorn)
Saturday afternoon: Elimination Final (most likely Richmond vs. North Melbourne)
Saturday night: Qualification Final (most likely Fremantle vs. Sydney)
Sunday afternoon: Elimination Final (most likely Bulldogs vs. Adelaide)

Man we need a day game to use our powers from the sun :( we suck at night games.

Yep lets move on from when it'll be (sat arvo no doubt) to what the likely match ups will be....

Smith out for them is huge - If we take the punt with ballas - I can see him and Walters getting off the leesh on a big subi oval

Fingers crossed it's a warm perth sat arvo and we run them ragged

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep lets move on from when it'll be (sat arvo no doubt) to what the likely match ups will be....

Smith out for them is huge - If we take the punt with ballas - I can see him and Walters getting off the leesh on a big subi oval

Fingers crossed it's a warm perth sat arvo and we run them ragged
I reckon Ballas would be a handy sub in the first final.

I just can't see them playing Ballas in the first final (even as sub), unless he plays some minutes this week.
He probably has been doing the minutes (with a specialized program by Weber) behind closed doors, given that it's an upper body injury. Would be ready to go whenever he's needed in the finals

But getting to subi after work on a friday and having time for a beer or 3 pre game is much harder...
Leave early from work. It's a qualifying final, surely your boss will understand. I think this will mean fans will try harder to meet an earlier timeslot rather than a normal Friday night game that will only fill up by quarter time.

Are people seriously still debating this??? Will be Sat day for sure...
Why? The AFL sent us to Geelong out of the blue, they can make any call they want.

Agree - AFL will want to get Sydney back home Saturday and we won't be scheduled Friday.
The last plane to make the curfew is 4pm. They would have to start the Saturday game at 12pm and even then it would be pushing it. Yet a Friday or Saturday night game means they can fly at 11-12pm and arrive first thing in the morning or sleep in Perth and catch the early one.

I am surprised that there can't be some sort of special treatment of the occasional plane. If Sydney's sporting teams were allowed to land or leave after curfew around finals time (maybe 3-4 flights a year across all codes), would it be a big deal?

The last plane to make the curfew is 4pm. They would have to start the Saturday game at 12pm and even then it would be pushing it. Yet a Friday or Saturday night game means they can fly at 11-12pm and arrive first thing in the morning or sleep in Perth and catch the early one.

That's interesting, I didn't realise that. 4pm their time or our time?

In that case there would not be any point in making it a day game, surely. Even if they start at 12:40 - by the time the game finishes it'll be around 3:30. They won't even have time to cool down and stretch

No we won't. We won't be traveling back on a 6 day break to play Friday.
WCE v Hawks Friday
Freo v syd sat arvo.

Nick Smith out for a few would be huge. Usually destroys ballaz

Smith will be right for the finals, could play this week but will get "rested".

Leave early from work. It's a qualifying final, surely your boss will understand. I think this will mean fans will try harder to meet an earlier timeslot rather than a normal Friday night game that will only fill up by quarter time.

Why? The AFL sent us to Geelong out of the blue, they can make any call they want.

I am surprised that there can't be some sort of special treatment of the occasional plane. If Sydney's sporting teams were allowed to land or leave after curfew around finals time (maybe 3-4 flights a year across all codes), would it be a big deal?

Would you be happy with that if you were Longmire? Doubt it.

We've seen plane scheduling changes before to suit these sporting events (noting Virgin is major sponsor)... Doesn't have to be 4pm to land by 12pm. Could conceivably push that back an hour and meet all requirements.

My money still on sat day game. I've been wrong before (once)..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back