Mega Thread 2023 AFL Finals Chat

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep. I’m the same. No feeling for the Lions but no way am I supporting Eddy McGoos team.
I was calling out “Go not East Freo” at the WAFL Gf also being a loyal South boy.
Proper Fremantle Etiquette is to hate them all year, but back the other Fremantle team should they find their way into a GF and your mob not.

Unless they wear red and white, of course. In which case they cheated their way there and can choke on each other’s greasy dicks.

The vast majority of players drafted in the last 5 years have that duck/shrug in the toolkit.

Daicos is hardly on his own - but he certainly used it a lot today.

If you are going to throw the soft and/or a flog because of staging insult at Daicos then don't be a hypocrite and not throw it at Sonny, too. Whether we as fans like it or not, players do it because it works and not because they are soft. No player setting foot on a football field is soft.

If you are going to throw the soft and/or a flog because of staging insult at Daicos then don't be a hypocrite and not throw it at Sonny, too. Whether we as fans like it or not, players do it because it works and not because they are soft. No player setting foot on a football field is soft.
No one wanks over Sonny like Naicos

Poor choice of terms but I am deep in a Kraken haze

Their best player and their captain are father-son selections.

Where’s my Freo age-eligible sons at?

What’s that? We don’t have any?

We’ll just have to do this the hard way.
Accept it and move on. We have a bigger mountain to climb than most but we will get there.

Accept it and move on. We have a bigger mountain to climb than most but we will get there.
By get there you mean play a few elims, maybe make a prelim we're horribly outclassed in before needing to rebuild again?

I apologise but I have no belief anymore. Both in Freo and the game itself.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought I was watching peak Selwood with the amount of arm raising ducks for frees he was doing today. Plenty to dislike there.

and he is heading into Shuey territory with dirty snipes, pushing down on heads as he gets off the ground etc. Umps will not call him for it.

By get there you mean play a few elims, maybe make a prelim we're horribly outclassed in before needing to rebuild again?

I apologise but I have no belief anymore. Both in Freo and the game itself.
I'm about there with you. This year alone has basically killed any belief I have in this team.

Did we interview McCrae? Did we seriously interview anyone aside from JL?
We interviewed Peter Sumich, Dean Solomon and Jade Rawlings.... Not exactly tough competition to beat for the job.

I don't even think any of these guys are actually coaching in the AFL at the moment.

Went to the game and it was absolutely brilliant........except for the umpiring.

Game itself was the best Grand Final I've seen for a very long time. Some ripper goals and plays. Bailey's first quarter goals got me out of my seat.

Hipwood was.....Hipwood, God he's overrated and useless in big games. Joe was good.

I'm going to toot my own horn here and say I told you so.

I told everyone last year Daicos dives, ducks and is soft af. Now the country can see it

As a strong, passionate AFL fan, I can strongly say I passionately hate what Daicos brings to this sport. Soft pretty boy should be playing soccer

Umpiring was a disgrace. The "advantage" umpire shouldn't umpire in a final again, that's unforgivable.

Was lucky enough to be in a MCC dining room, was 95% Brisbane bandwagoners like me, if you're ever in Melbourne I strongly recommend giving the Jim Stynes Grill a visit, see below

20230930_141341.jpg

Collingwood’s list is elite and have been since 2018 GF. That’s half the side from that day.
Pendlebury
Maynard
Mihocek
Cox
Sidebottom
Howe
Crisp
Hoskin-Elliott
De Goey

McRae have been the beneficiary of 3 father son players as well. Ridiculous

There’s a massive difference between speaking to people & interviewing people. The thought that everyone wanted the Fremantle job at that time is fanciful.
We’re not an Eastern States team that’s easy for coaches to step straight into the role. * me, common sense.

There’s a massive difference between speaking to people & interviewing people. The thought that everyone wanted the Fremantle job at that time is fanciful.
We’re not an Eastern States team that’s easy for coaches to step straight into the role. * me, common sense.
Jl has done a decent job.
McRae wouldn’t have made much difference.
The list profile in the last 5 years is pretty big. Collingwood haven’t got younger at any time. Buckley was just a meh coach.

Only 18 head coaching jobs available, if you have aspirations to be one you aren't turning down the opportunity unless you think you definitely aren't a chance to get it.

In terms of McRae, it's likely he or we or both didn't think he was ready at the time to be a head coach. Fair enough.

Kidding yourself. It's an AFL head coaching job. Sure if you're an esteemed previous head coach you can pick and choose, but there's a reason why assistant coaches fall over themselves to get head coaching interviews whether it's for Collingwood, Gold Coast/GWS or Fremantle. The opportunity doesn't come around that often to be an AFL senior coach.

We didn't exactly cast a wide net. Bell clearly wanted JL, and interviewed a few nobodies with low credentials to show there was a 'process'.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back