Toast Welcome To Freo Jack Delean (pick 60 2023 AFL Draft)

Remove this Banner Ad

A forward!!!

we-got-him-we-got-em.gif

Last edited:

Jack Delean
Height: 181cm
Weight: 77kg
Position: Half Forward / Midfielder

What do I like about the player? Skillful, smart player who works hard, tackles well and kicks goals; kicking 53 from 20 games at all levels. I like his kicking both in terms of kicking for goals (accuracy and depth) and disposing to others, and his positioning and timing makes up a bit for being only an average speed player.

What are the weaknesses? I guess the main query is whether he has the speed to play as a small forward at AFL level? And if not whether he can make it further up the ground?

From AFL.com:

"Delean kicks goals. When it comes down to his performances over the past three years, the South Australian jack-in-the-box has shown a propensity to just keep hitting the scoreboard and kicking goals. He had two four-goal games in South Australia's under-18 championships, but has been doing it for years – he's kicked 43 goals this season at different levels for South Adelaide, he kicked 28 goals last year as a bottom-ager and as a 16-year-old he kicked 35 in 13 games in the under-18s side. As a smaller forward he flies for his marks and at ground level can create a chance from nothing."

Averaged 1.9 goals per game over the last year, and kicked two in a grand final..

At pick 60, this guy's a f***ing steal!!

Huuuuuuuge welcome to Freo Jack! Goal kickers are always welcome here. 😁😁😁

tRuCK yEAh!!! he is the player I wanted most in the draft!
I have absolutely no idea about this draft but I tuned into the draft at 4pm and they showed a highlight reel for this dude and twomey said he kicks goals and I was like, THATSOURMAN!
haven’t been this stoked since we drafted Shawn darcey so I must be right WaOOT!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back