Toast Welcome to Freo Jeremy Sharp - SSP Selection 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Word on the street is he'll officially be a Docker today so here's his thread. If I've gone early and he doesn't join us then fear my powers of sh*thousery!

Will he be the answer to our Mr Mister issues? Time will tell I guess.

I'm hoping this becomes the story of the season. GC wouldn't trade him in 2022 so we were stuck playing Henry in the role, exposing him at AFL level and eventually getting a second round pick for him in trade. If Sharp was on our list last year for the 2nd round pick they wanted I don't think Henry would have played enough for a pick in trade.

There's the potential here for Sharp to replace Henry without costing us the 2nd round pick to get him and without costing us the 2nd round pick for Henry.

We could be equal output plus 2x 2nds if Sharp comes on.

We couldn't be getting Sharp any cheaper so there's no risk here at all. Anything we can get from him is a win. If he kicks a goal for us at AFL level he would be in a tiny percentile of later round rookie picks to do that.

Last edited:
Will be the 10th player to play for GC & Freo.

Harley Bennell
Brendan Matera
Greg Broughton
Jaeger O'Meara
Michael Barlow
Will Brodie
Lachie Weller
Sam Collins
Josh Corbett

I would be curious if any other clubs have had more players who have played for them and GC.

Considering they have been in the comp for 13 years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AvDQPRcv7Bsg0M-nxt_u5m2yFA5zfXdVP07Pt0xm5tE.png

From his draft year:

STRENGTHS:

Speed
Penetrating kick
Athleticism
Endurance
Versatility
Outside game

IMPROVEMENTS:

Contested work
Intercept marking
Kicking consistency

I couldn’t agree more with Walls assessment (below) of why he sees him as a good addition……

“He has a combination of speed and endurance with good acceleration. His height allows him to fold back into defence where he likes to help out and he’s good overhead.”

That is the perfect modern day wingman who dobs goals from outside 50, but also floats back to help out the defence. Acres displayed it perfectly in the Carlton final when in the last 3 minutes he kicked the winning goal but also went back to his defensive goal square to spoil the opposition. But Acres doesn’t have Sharp’s pace and penetrating kick

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

The commentator from 01:40 seems to get excited about him anyway :D
Yeah I picked up on that too. Expect a lot of 'sharpshooter' action.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back