Toast Welcome to Freo Odin Jones (Pick 5 in 2023 Rookie Draft)

Remove this Banner Ad

Newest draftee Odin Jones will form an important part of Fremantle’s forward line in 2024 and beyond, according to Head of Player Personnel David Walls.

Selected in the 2023 AFL Rookie Draft, Jones is a 199cm, 96kg key position player from West Perth.

“Odin plays both forward and ruck. He got injured on the eve of the (U18 National) Championships and never played,” Walls said.

“We see him more as a key forward and that 199cm, really strong contested mark that can then pinch hit in the ruck.

“He's a big boy at 96kg and only 18 years of age, so there’s huge scope. He's going to be a massive man and we just love his aggression too. He's super competitive and one of the few young talls that loves to hit bodies.”

Newest draftee Odin Jones will form an important part of Fremantle’s forward line in 2024 and beyond, according to Head of Player Personnel David Walls.

Selected in the 2023 AFL Rookie Draft, Jones is a 199cm, 96kg key position player from West Perth.

“Odin plays both forward and ruck. He got injured on the eve of the (U18 National) Championships and never played,” Walls said.

“We see him more as a key forward and that 199cm, really strong contested mark that can then pinch hit in the ruck.

“He's a big boy at 96kg and only 18 years of age, so there’s huge scope. He's going to be a massive man and we just love his aggression too. He's super competitive and one of the few young talls that loves to hit bodies.”

Josh & Odin
Treacy & Jones

The Mighty Ducks Fist Bump GIF

Still growing...just WOW!

I imagine myself looking like this………..but then I encounter mirrors……..😳
A couple of bicep curls and then a front on reflection in the car window in my dimly lit garage has me looking like this. No need for a profile reflection in the bright lights of the gym.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Injury free Michael Apeness as a rookie pick would be nice
Had high hopes for Apeness, Could have been a 50+ goal a year forward.

Some much of our talent has been cruelled by injury - Taberner, Morabito, Apeness, Valente, Bennell, Michael, Longmuir.
Hopefully there is time for Chapman to avoid joining this club.

Other top picks like Pitt, Josh Simpson abd Weller just ended up going nowhere.

Thems the breaks I guess

Had high hopes for Apeness, Could have been a 50+ goal a year forward.

Some much of our talent has been cruelled by injury - Taberner, Morabito, Apeness, Valente, Bennell, Michael, Longmuir.
Hopefully there is time for Chapman to avoid joining this club.

Other top picks like Pitt, Josh Simpson abd Weller just ended up going nowhere.

Thems the breaks I guess
Pitt was also injury.

Pitt was also injury.
Yes Pitt was ready to take off. Literally smashed that pre-session in the practice games with high possessions then in the lead up to round 1 2013 diagnosed with congenital heart defect.

Apeness came to the club with knee issues then injured his shoulder and never really got off the ground. He seemed more of a ruckman. No where near as agile as Odin.

Belated welcome Odin!

All the best mate! Smash the packs and clunk marks up fwd and you’ll get games.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back