Game Day 2023 AFL Draft - The Late Male Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

I’d also point out the current wankfest over Harley Reid and the exact opposite nahviour of the press where our players are concerned.
(Dockers) readers of the West are awake up however. Dave Blunt of Mosman Park wrote this hilarious Letter to the Editor:

"I am so looking forward to the first Derby of the AFL 2024 season. From the bounce - Sean Darcy wins the tap over Harley Reid, taken quickly by Andrew Brayshaw who fends off Reid, handballs to Caleb Serong who sidesteps Reid and kicks to the 50. Jye Amiss takes a screamer over the top of Reid, recovers quickly, runs round Reid on the mark and then kicks to Walters in the pocket who has turned Reid inside out and taken a simple mark 10 out in the pocket. Walters snaps the goal and it's back to middle with Jackson in the ruck up against Reid....."

Koen Sanchez - possible pick for us in the mid season draft or is he too surplus to needs? Was very surprised to learn he didn't even make a rookie list

Koen Sanchez - possible pick for us in the mid season draft or is he too surplus to needs? Was very surprised to learn he didn't even make a rookie list
There was an opinion I read that he is more a midfielder than a forward. A small midfielder is a pass for me. If he turns his talents to the forward line, that would be interesting.

There was an opinion I read that he is more a midfielder than a forward. A small midfielder is a pass for me. If he turns his talents to the forward line, that would be interesting.

He played midfield at WAFL level and forward at U18 Championships. I thought his forward work was very good both offensively and defensively, with the midfield ability would mean he can just get up and back if is playing high half forward.

Got injured just before the combine and couldn’t show his wares there while carrying a reputation for injury. A few clubs had cooled anyway but reinjuring really had them looking elsewhere.

All-Australian under 18 in a position he doesn’t normally play, his strengths are those associated with discipline and smarts, not the explosive, freaky s**t one looks for in a small forward.

He is more Switowski than Sonson.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back