Game Day 2023 AFL Draft - The Late Male Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Come Get Y'all Draftees
1700435106181.png
1700435148354.png
1700435188905.png
1700435225141.png
1700435262514.png

Hey I can use the same memes as last year! That's a good thing right?

1700435289119.png

Ah well. Anyhoo, welcome to the opening Draft Day for the lads in 2023. As we are making the last down payment for Generational Talent Luke Jackson, our adventure begins tomorrow. Or does it??? Do we bait our anchor-shaped hook with one of our three (3) future first round picks to get a present tonight? We'll know soon enough.

Here's what the draft whisperereers, money ballers, bean counters and flesh judgers have to predict:

[INSERT PHANTOM DRAFTS AND OTHER MISCELLANEOUS STUFF HERE, OR FIND IT YOURSELF IDK]

Callum Twomey (AFL.com): Cal Twomey's Phantom Draft: Top 30, late picks, whispers

Ben Waterworth (Fox Sports): AFL phantom draft 2023: Every first round pick and bid predicted in Fox Footy mock draft

Jasper Chellappah (ESPN): AFL Phantom Draft - Every pick in the first two rounds

PMBangers & the BigFooty.com Big Band (BigFooty): BigFooty Official - 2023 Bigfooty Phantom Draft

Jordan Hudson (House of Footy): 2023 AFL Draft: Phantom Draft

Bryn Wakefield (The Sporting News): AFL Phantom Draft 2023: Top 30 prospects, first round projections | Sporting News Australia

Mitch Keating (Zero Hanger): 2023 AFL Mock Draft: Picks 1-28 (second edition)

The newspapers did them too but they're paywalled. In this economy???

Hey PMBangers did Rookie Me Central do a Phantom Draft this year?

How do you think things will go? Personally I think Tonga > Tongala, but that's a story for another time.

Last edited:
While mine was first, Bobs actually has some effort behind so we’ll go with this one.

Let’s try and keep the majority of chat in here the next couple of days rather than the other threads
I've won the draft!!!!

Welcome to the liminal space between 2023 & 2024 list management threads.

The witching hour
It's the World Between Worlds.

* lightsaber noises *

Oh and brace for the idea of our NGA prospect being drafted by North Melbourne thanks to concession handouts. That'll be good and normal.

Impossible to predict our haul but assuming we trade up to 36 here would be a good (realistic) result I think

Logan Morris
Koen Sanchez
Aiden ODriscoll

Although somehow I have a feeling that we will try to trade up into 1st round.

Impossible to predict our haul but assuming we trade up to 36 here would be a good (realistic) result I think

Logan Morris
Koen Sanchez
Aiden ODriscoll

Although somehow I have a feeling that we will try to trade up into 1st round.
If we got into the first round who are we going for? It's either top 6 or so and get Curtin, or anywhere in the first round & get Collard.

If we got into the first round who are we going for? It's either top 6 or so and get Curtin, or anywhere in the first round & get Collard.
Think we’re more interested in Hardeman than Collard if we trade into the first round.
Curtin is a pipe dream, it would take our F1 + pies or ports F1 to even get a seat at the table. Probably all 3 F1 to get a trade done, which isn’t going to happen.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can’t believe North are taking 5 picks in the top of this draft and not looking to spread one to next year, just seems crazy to me. Probably just as crazy as taking MORE mids

They have Larkey and no other KPP. I can understand taking Duursma, but the rest of their picks should be mostly focused on tall talent, even if that means moving around in the draft order this year and/or moving picks into next year.

Reading between the lines of what has been reported, it sounds like Clarkson wants Curtin, but the recruiters want McKercher. Will the little angry ant chuck a tantrum and overrule the recruiting staff?

Dreaming of trading up for Dan Curtin, content with the fact we're going to end up drafting Luke Lloyd instead
Finally get Lloyd on the list. Give him the 29
Saw that Chris25 picked him in the BF phantom draft and the Connor McGregor "Who the..." gif came to mind.

Who is he and why would we want him?

If Lance gets to 30 why the hell wouldn't we trade up to him? I hope we aren't going conservative this trade period. Melbourne traded up to pick 12 to land Kossie, show some balls.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back