Resource Fitzroy Video - Links to moving picture media

Remove this Banner Ad

Fitzroy Vs Geelong VFL Reserves Grand Final 1989 - Fitzroy FC on DVD?

Just watched it on video and despite being a reserves grand final its an awesome Fitzroy game with a stack of senior and aspiring players. Mullets galore and what a way to win a grand final. Fantastic match!!

I don't suppose this game would be available on dvd? even if someones done a home version in digital???

Would be great if someone at the current Fitzroy club looked at releasing some classic Fitzroy footage or even a history dvd?

Apologies if this has already been talked about before?

Mugs

I'm a lion thru and thru in my Golden Red and Blue! C'mon Fitzroy!!

Kooka

A mate of mine has a DVD recorder, and I am sure it wouldn't be too hard to hook up a VCR to it so it could be taped (or burnt) onto a DVD.

Then it is a relatively simple task of duplicating this onto more DVD's.

Do you know anyone who could do this (or just get me a copy of the game on VHS), as I am more than willilng to spread the news so to speak.

Rabs

That would be great Rabs....the Fitzroy Night Grand Final win would be another that would be awesome onto dvd copy....if you can let me know and id be happy to chip in to get a copy on dvd

it is a nail biter...Geelong certainly had their chance to pinch the game back except for that classic miss from Brown.

Lupson going nuts and belting people and pushing the Geelong runner is also pretty amusing...great firey player!

Well if someone can get me a good copy of the game on VHS I will make it my mission to burn as many copies as is required.

I reckon these will cost me SFA, so as long as I can get a copy of the game on VHS I will burn a limited number (say 20 or so) for free.

Rabs would love a copy if possible (happy to give$$$ to cover expenses). Muga ...love the name. Have seen the real Muga at Warranmbool races when I ventured down looks exactly the same. In fact have spoken to him hes quite a nice bloke.

My memory of this game is that one of my mates come rushing down to the bar in the members to drag me out at 3 quarter time. Extended 1/2(maybe even earlier) time session due to the state of the game. Unfortunately I missed the Doc, Bolzon & Lupson action. Did get back in my seat for the last quarter Ahhhh... when Woodsy kicked the sealer.

Further more to that day. It was my shout approaching 1/4 time of the main game. So I did the right thing & went early. Obviously I missed the big brawl even Bernie got involved.

I must have been the only person who went to the 1990 GF & didn't see 1 punch thrown all day. Although I lie as I was leaving I did throw 1 at the Collingwood supporter who was sitting behind me all day. The most annoying bloke I have ever encountered at the football. Even other Collingwood supporters were encuraging me to belt him. The only time I have ever done that at the football.

Thank you Bobby...you might be pleased to know that your name inspired this one...thems was the days huh...

interesting you were down the junction end...i spent more time in the white stand! but did also spend a fair amount of time down the junction end too..actually all over the junction oval..

Rabs - vid is on its way! I would love to get the night Grand Final with Gary Wilson and Ron Alexander on dvd if anyone has a good vid copy of that for dvd transfer!!

i too was a regular in the white stand.

I too would pay good quality cash mooah to get my hands on those classics..... hoorah!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

dont mean to blow any trumpets but my copy of the grand final is quite good...now to see how it transfers to dvd

what was round 18 mobs? would love to watch any old footage with anyone who wants trade a vid copy of the reserves grand final..

Just got off the phone with my mate, and I should be able to get a stack of copies done in a matter of a couple of weeks.

How many should I get done? It is only a matter of burning them as I need to, and DVD disks only cost a couple of bucks each.

Just to let you all know that this really looks like it will happen.

I am going to have a trial run this weekend, so hopefully sometime next week I should have the finished product.

Will let you all know via this thread.

and I managed to vhs 2 tapes worth of the Foxtel Winners With Flares marathon special on Jan 1st. 80s back to back all day when we were doing well.... .hence we featured regularly.... hmmm I guess if someone got a copy of those tapes they could also dvd those i guess um allegedly not guilty your honour...

Fellas

Good news.

The first transfer was a success, and now we just need to tidy up the copy and replicate it.

I apologise for the delay in getting this up, but I really wanted to do it properly.

I reckon I will have a complete product in the next week or so, but I am relying on a mate of mine to get his arse into gear.

I'll keep you all posted.

Guys, I am still getting my arse into gear on this, so accept my apologies.

We did the DVD, edited it, put the royboy song onto it, put it into chapters etc. All looking good, except it didn't play on any DVD player I could find (worked well on the PC).

So what I have decided to do is get it done by one of these people who copy videos onto DVD professionally. Give me a few weeks, and once I have a master the copying will be a piece of of cake.

Add to this my PC doing a Jeff Hogg on me.

Rabs

Would absolutely love a copy Rabs, id be willing to pay ya for it.

I have it on video, however, and i say however, some silly b*stard put it into a old crappy vcr which in turn chewed the tape, luckily i only lost the first 5 or so minutes of the game, and not the entire tape.

Got to love watching John Ironmonger run down christensen on the outer wing and when we played footy boy we looked good.

Does anyone know exactly, how many roys players were eventually suspended out of that game and for how long?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back