Five year deal, who would you give one to?

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 17, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
The Autobots and Team America
Word around town is that Patty has been offered one. I think this is a great move and hope he accepts it.

But, are there any other players that could get one as well?

I reckon Rory Sloane and Sauce are the two others that could be good to stitch up for half a decade. Rory and Danger could well be the engine room of midfield for a long time, and Jacobs is the fuel tank.............

What's the rage with 5 year deals? It seems like we are copying the fad rather than setting it.

Having said that if Danger signed for 5 you would have to be happy with that, next Reilly

I wouldn't be unhappy if we have offered Danger a 5 year deal.

I would give Sauce and Rory 5 year deals.

Lets have a look at Crouch and Kerridge over the next 24 months and then maybe they can have them too.

Im not really a fan of the 5yr deals, but in the current climate and how we have been stung the last year id be pretty stoked with danger or sloaney signing a 5 yearer.

I would cry tears of happiness if Danger and/or Sloane signed 5 years deals! :D

I don't think I'd give anyone else one - I'd maybe give a 3-4 year deal to Tippett & Jacobs (is Sauce even out of contract this year? or did he sign a 3 year deal when he was traded to us?)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dangerfield needs more runs on the board to be offered this, Signs are that his breakout year will come this year and needs to. I'd leave it until he shows that he can be consistently good over a season before handing him a 5 year deal.

Not a fan of five year deals, when they bite, they bite hard. Not sure why Dlids got offered one, even more unsure why he took it, I mean isn't every footballers perogative to play finals?

Richo didn't mind not playing finals and making lots of money.

Nor does Pav.

I think the 5 year deal is coming in to combat free agency !

Wasn't Alastair Lynch famously given a 10 year (or was it 7) deal with the Lions early this century ?

Rumour Ralph is all over this one Geoffa.

He doesnt get it wrong that often.

By not often, you mean every single time, right?

A 5 year contract is a dangerous thing, shouldn't be handing out many of them. I'd be more inclined to give Dangerfield 2-3 years again, and save the 5 year stuff for when he's 24 and definitively demonstrated whether or not he's worth it.

Dangerfield needs more runs on the board to be offered this, Signs are that his breakout year will come this year and needs to. I'd leave it until he shows that he can be consistently good over a season before handing him a 5 year deal.

The point though is if you wait until they become elite, then you'll be paying out the ass and have every other club offerring the same or more.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back