PC Football Manager 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Does anyone else play FM16 on mobile?

Unsure whether its just me, but it seems that gameplay can be a bit erratic. I win three tough games in a row, then lost to two teams in a relegation race. Or... I am playing as Tottenham, so maybe it is actually just realistic. Either way, I keep getting too frustrated. Still thoroughly enjoying it though.

First season I finished 6th. I was 5th, and 5 pts behind 4th, and 5 pts above 6th at the 30 game mark, but then the wheels fell off. I made the FA cup final but lost to Arsenal.

I am 13 games into my second season (7-5-4) and am 5th. The only two purchases I have made so far throughout the whole game are Gabriel Barbosa for about 22m who has settled in well. He dismissed media speculation he is unhappy and wants to return to Brazil. Has scored 10 in 19 appearances (some off the bench) for me. I also bought Danilo for 15m from Braga who is still finding his feet. Sold a massive bunch of players, and am well in the green in terms of net spend.

Things I like about Football Manager Mobile
- The price... only $13 bucks and I have as much enjoyment out of it.
- Reminds me of FM08 - so retro
- Once I got my head around the controls and where everything was located, its easy to swap through them

Things I do not like about Football Manager Mobile
- Player history includes stats for all appearances, not just permier league appearances and goals
- Cannot quick sim a match
- It appears that as soon as you put ina transfer bid, another club does too... no matter if its in a transfer window or not
- Many stats are not kept (previous league positions etc)

Overall, its a great game for me with limited time, but I am sure as I go I will miss some features that Football Manager Classic has on the PC version.

I have not played the full version since they brought FMC in... so unsure of what else is in the full FM these days.
I'm starting to get into the iPad version, which is pretty much FMC. So far has been good and enjoying it.

I'm starting to get into the iPad version, which is pretty much FMC. So far has been good and enjoying it.
Kills time spent on trains, trams and stuff.

Starting to really love it now that I am offer the kinks of figuring out where all the menus are etc.

Such a good game. Forgot how addicted I used to be to this. It's taken me about two full days to set up my Birmingham save and just about to play the first match in the championship. It's a bit painstaking but rewarding.

250k transfer budget and only 20k in the wage budget at the start. Made no transfers, just loaned Browning from Everton for 50% of his wages. Plenty of poor players who won't improve that need to go, but can't afford to replace them/no one wants them.

Requested a senior affiliate and had the choice between Man U and Arsenal, chose Man U due to receiving a higher fee and the fact they have better a slightly youth system (not sure if it makes a difference).

Picked up four players from them and 3 will start soon enough, so pretty happy with that. Now to make some money.

How do you loan players from affiliates? I have Sheffield Wednesday as my affiliation in my save with Barnet, but i dont know how to ask for their players

How do you loan players from affiliates? I have Sheffield Wednesday as my affiliation in my save with Barnet, but i dont know how to ask for their players
You should get an offer a couple of weeks before start of the season highlighting players from the club who are available for loan.

Could try going in to their squad and just checking the players and see if you can make a free loan offer.

You should get an offer a couple of weeks before start of the season highlighting players from the club who are available for loan.

Could try going in to their squad and just checking the players and see if you can make a free loan offer.
Thanks mate, that worked! Makes it a lot easier for me with no money for wages!

The only fault I can really find with it is it happens quite often where goals will be scored in consecutive minutes. IE I score 61, comp scores 62.

And the usual bullshit superman keepers here and there when you play a dud team and have 15 shots on target and they have 1 and you lose 1-0.

Won the league for the third time in a row by 2 points over City. Dybala scored 31 in 32 league games this season, the 39m I paid for him looking like an absolute bargain. Andre Wisdom, for those non-Liverpool folk, would be a cheap option in defence. Averaged 7.30 in 30 league games for me this season, kicking out Subotic in the process.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

March 2017 with Spurs - Recently won the League Cup(first bit of silverware - lost the FA cup the previous season and finished 5th).

A bit of a glitch or AI not working 100% in FM Mobile during the final though...

Liverpool selected a semi-weakened line up as they had a Premier League game in 48 hours (funnily enough against me) and then changed to a defensive 5-4-1 formation after they went 2-1 behind at the 50th minute. I just dominated possession after that and had about 8 shots to 1 in the final 30 mins and won 3-1

They then beat me 0-2 at home two days later...

Anyone had Paddy McNair in their side? Just promoted to the BPL and can sign him on a free @30k p/w. Not sure if he's worth that.

Have a decent transfer budget left of 12m, after signing Clough for £5m from Bolton. Desperately need 1 or even 2 central defenders, and possibly a GK. Thoughts?

I've had a strong urge to buy this all day but I can't find it for a price I like. I'm almost certainly going to break down and just spend the $50 tomorrow. I knew I shouldn't of hesitated in the sales. Just thinking about buying it then has made me want to buy it even more.

It is. I've had it every year since CM 99/00. Unfortunately for the last 2 seasons my play time has dropped well below 50 hours and I think I've has just 3 saves in that time.

I'll still buy it every year though. It's money well spent, even just for one save.

Good choice mate.
Let me know if you need some help - tactics/signings.

Also - what you pay?

Cheers, mate. Any easy to sign wonder kids?

I got it for $48, roughly. Happy with that. Download has finished, so I'll give it a run after dinner.

Finished 2016/17 in my Mobile version with Spurs.
Won the League by 3 pts over Man City.
Won Europa League after beating fenerbahce 2-1 in the final
Won the Carling Cup after beating West Ham
Lost to Man City in the FA Cup Final.

Might continue on for my third season... although might start a new save. Unsure yet.... keeping on would be cool cause am in the CL now, although I kind of lose interest after instantly winning the League etc. If I start a new save, it will be with Hertha BSC

Promoted to the prem with Birmingham.

How's this for a welcome to the EPL: City, Everton, Liverpool, Arsenal, Tottenham.
City and Spurs were away, can't remember the rest but at least one other away

Managed to best Arsenal and Liverpool, and draw with Spurs. Youngest side and smallest amount spent on wages in the league; sitting in the top half.

Also through to the 4th round of the COC.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back