Footy Show Last Night

Remove this Banner Ad

stevo10

Senior List
Apr 18, 2001
Was interested to hear Glen Manton talk about the unrest at Carlton this year. Also that he won't be there next year and after saying what he said does not expect to play this week!

Also I reckon Nathan Brown all but said I'm leaving the doggies! I'd like to swap Smith and Harding for him.

Stevo10,

The club has just made an announcement that it would only pay 92.5% of salary cap so you can forget about Brown. And nobody is going to swap a class footballer (although I cannot stand the prick) like Brown for inconsistent FP player and somebody who cannot even get a senior game (although Smith could be a good player with another club). Stop dreaming.

Originally posted by jonty12
Crystal Ball tells me Nathan Brown will be in one of the teams that are playing tonight...

One of them has as much money trouble (though a different sort) as we do, so it would have to be the other team...

...and Stevo10, don't worry about it. Might as well say what you'd like to see and let other people worry about what's objectively reasonable and/or likely.

Originally posted by Darky
While we're at it let's see if St.Kilda are willing to swap Ball and Riewoldt for S.Clayton, S.Motlop and a 5th round draft pick.

To make this deal complete, you should chuck in a couple of talls. How about Koschitzke for Bourke & Spider...

Originally posted by stevo10
Was interested to hear Glen Manton talk about the unrest at Carlton this year. Also that he won't be there next year and after saying what he said does not expect to play this week!

It's ironic. After Manton got delisted by Essendon, Pagan was keen to pick him up for North Melbourne.

Re: Re: Footy Show Last Night

Originally posted by Shinboners
It's ironic. After Manton got delisted by Essendon, Pagan was keen to pick him up for North Melbourne.

never knew about that one.
What year was Manton delisted by Essendon. Was at end of the 1993 season when Manton missed out on the Grand Final or was it on the end of the 1992 season where Manton played in the 1992 reserves premership coached by Pagan.

Other players to come from Essendon 1992 reserves premership were Olarenshaw and Calthorpe and look what they turned out to be.

Re: Re: Re: Footy Show Last Night

Originally posted by My North

Other players to come from Essendon 1992 reserves premership were Olarenshaw and Calthorpe and look what they turned out to be.

He also wanted Paul Hills and, as recently as 3 years ago, Ryan O'Connor.

North intended to pick up O'Connor in the pre-season draft one year (pre-2001?) but salary cap pressure stopped us from participating.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Footy Show Last Night

Originally posted by Darky
He also wanted Paul Hills and, as recently as 3 years ago, Ryan O'Connor.
Thank God we were spared that! Wonder if Laidley goes for any Collingwood fringe players. Please say no.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Footy Show Last Night

Originally posted by Dingster
Thank God we were spared that! Wonder if Laidley goes for any Collingwood fringe players. Please say no.

Welcome aboard Heath Scotland, Leon Davis & Rupert Betheras!!!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Footy Show Last Night

Originally posted by Rooboy 34
Welcome aboard Heath Scotland, Leon Davis & Rupert Betheras!!!

Collingwood fans really rate Heath Scotland. It seems that he's their version of our Dylan Smith....although unlike Smith, Scotland does get a run in the seniors.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back