Footy Tragic's Top 50 Power Rankings (Progressive)

Remove this Banner Ad

Cam McCarthy updated. I'm just going to update as I go and I'll get back to every in the next couple of days.

Eli Templeton updated.
Like how quickly I was on to that? :D Yeah... no life :(

Cool write up. I really like Eli's tackling and it is one of the features of his game imo. I think he had instructions to spread and receive more during the champs, but on the occasions where he was starting in the centre for Burnie rather than sitting on the wing, he was tackling quite a lot. I think he probably had close to more tackles than possessions in the GF, having said that he did barely touch it in the GF. :oops:

His kicking is very good imo. The only time I have seen him struggle with kicking is when he is trying boot it 50 metres plus, I have seen a few of his long kicks go off the side of his boot. Whether or not that is just the games that I have seen, or it is a feature of his long kicking, I don't know. But his little short spot up kicks impressed me watching him live. I felt safe when Eli had the ball, he usually uses it well.

Like how quickly I was on to that? :D Yeah... no life :(

Cool write up. I really like Eli's tackling and it is one of the features of his game imo. I think he had instructions to spread and receive more during the champs, but on the occasions where he was starting in the centre for Burnie rather than sitting on the wing, he was tackling quite a lot. I think he probably had close to more tackles than possessions in the GF, having said that he did barely touch it in the GF. :oops:

His kicking is very good imo. The only time I have seen him struggle with kicking is when he is trying boot it 50 metres plus, I have seen a few of his long kicks go off the side of his boot. Whether or not that is just the games that I have seen, or it is a feature of his long kicking, I don't know. But his little short spot up kicks impressed me watching him live. I felt safe when Eli had the ball, he usually uses it well.

Thanks mate.

Yep that's how I see him. Very safe ball user. I do know which kicks you're talking about I reckon. He just struggles with the distance from around 50+ metres but I don't think it's too much of an issue.

Luke Dunstan updated.

Great read. I like your brutal honesty and the different opinions you have in highly rated players. Who do you see Sydney taking at 15? Will Lobb still be there at 32 or 35?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I love the Aish writeup, it makes a lot of sense. Many inside mids will generally thrive at any club, give them a decent ruck and they'll be fine. Aish is like Toumpas, stick him in a side with decent midfielders and he'll be great, put him in a scrub midfield and he'll struggle. It tells us that Aish is not Jesus, he's a player who needs teammates to succeed. He'd work well at Footscray, they have an abundance of tough inside players so Aish would be protected. Plus, there are a number of talented midfielders who I'd tag before Aish. Which is why a side like Melbourne or St Kilda should not draft him. If Melbourne do draft him, they have to be patient like with Toumpas and play the long game, and it's not the worst idea, but if a weak midfield selects him, don't expect results immediately. I think though that IMO he's more talented than pick 12, it's just that we need to hedge our bets about who he goes to. If he went to a side like Carlton or Adelaide he'd be fine.

Zak Jones updated.

Totally agree with Zacs prelim game. Was one of the best performances I have seen at TAC cup level. Yates put it on him at half time. Zacs first 10 minutes of the third turned the game. In saying all of that, Zacs grand final was disappointing.

Christian Salem updated.

Trent Dumont updated.

Great job with the profiles (yes, I agree personal rankings are far more interesting to read than phantom drafts).

You have a real gift for describing players styles and attributes and I like that you are willing to break away from the group think and take apart a players game and analyse what you think will translate to success or failure at AFL level.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back