Former Tiger Phil Walsh murdered - RIP

Remove this Banner Ad

Imagine his daughter, away on holiday apparently.... Good grief.
Was in the UK on holiday by myself when my mum died suddenly in January last year. Got a call at 2am London time from Dad who found her on the floor dead. (Dad died from cancer two months ago. It's been a horrible couple of years for my family, but I digress)
Was not due to fly home for another three days. Couldn't get another flight, but fortunately I had some ex workmates and a good mate who nursed me through the remaining time.
It's a horrible, horrible feeling. You walk around not knowing how to feel or act.
I really feel for his daughter.

Was in the UK on holiday by myself when my mum died suddenly in January last year. Was not due to fly home for another three days. Couldn't get another flight, but fortunately I had some ex workmates and a good mate who nursed me through the remaining time.
It's a horrible, horrible feeling. You walk around not knowing how to feel or act.
I really feel for his daughter.
Damn, sorry to hear that mate.

So...hate to be the heartless person, just my nature. What will the AFL honestly do in this situation? A splitting of the points is not viable as that could take Geelong out of the running for the year looking at the draw.

On the other hand it is a toss up as to whether Adelaide respond like Sydney responded after Mcveigh's daughter died. Coincidently that was also against Geelong

So...hate to be the heartless person, just my nature. What will the AFL honestly do in this situation? A splitting of the points is not viable as that could take Geelong out of the running for the year looking at the draw.

On the other hand it is a toss up as to whether Adelaide respond like Sydney responded after Mcveigh's daughter died. Coincidently that was also against Geelong
Postponed maybe? I can't see them playing on Sunday, I didn't know the man and in reality he had no effect on my life but I'm genuinely shocked by this, I can only imagine what the players are feeling.

Postponed maybe? I can't see them playing on Sunday, I didn't know the man and in reality he had no effect on my life but I'm genuinely shocked by this, I can only imagine what the players are feeling.

Not sure weather they can postpone. Till when?? Cant play midweek and no free weekends. If they dont play i guess they split the points. But at the end of the day footy is irrelevant now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

RIP Phil, a wonderful man who I knew from Port Adelaide days when my good mate worked in recruiting for the Power. Condolences to the family.

Just got to my hotel in Hawaii, opened the afl app and this is what I saw

Legitimately cant be happy right now, this is absolutely shocking

Rip Phil Waslh, condolences to his family and also the Adelaide football club

RIP Walshy.

Having been attached to both Adelaide and Geelong, this match (if it eventually goes ahead) will be powerfully emotional.

There's every chance the players may feel that NOT playing would be not what Phil would have wanted.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back