Remove this Banner Ad

Crows_United_FC

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 25, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide United
It looks like Foxtel will be replay the whole season another 20 times again!!!
Why can't we get classic matches during the off-season. What a waste of space replaying the season so many times. They can at least show AFL documentaries, A footy orientated game show, f**king anything other than replaying the season!

I really don't understand why they can't play classic matches. I for one would absolutely love it.

Not sure they have the rights to them all... I think 7 own most of them and may not lend them out when you should be watching that two week promo for their new shit in January (I think they call it the Australian Open or something).

Irks me that 360 stops just when things actually get interesting with trades and drafting etc.
Totally agree, should run 360 until after the end of trade period.

Would also love to see a replay of classic matches, it's not that hard and likely to draw more people viewing than the 250 diehards who have no life.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty sure that C7 owns most of the rights to all the old games. We have this conversation each off season in recent years.

Not sure they have the rights to them all... I think 7 own most of them and may not lend them out when you should be watching that two week promo for their new shit in January (I think they call it the Australian Open or something).

They play some of the last quarters of classic matches throughout the year though. If they don't own the rights to the matches they should buy them. Fox tell ain't cheap and I expect more in the off season.

They certainly have the rights to many games that were played in the 80's and 90's, as they show them every Friday between 12pm and 3pm. I personally think it's just lazy scheduling. They seem to have a mindset that once the season is over, nobody cares about AFL so they can replay all 207 games over and over again. I'm not paying for it in the off-season.

How about showing EVERY final (QFs, EFs, SFs, PFs, GFs) in full that is available on tape since the 60s, year by year in chronological order, up to the GF this past Saturday. Perhaps stagger them a bit if necessary with some filler so that the big finals (ex. 89 GF, 99 PF, etc.) are played in PrimeTime and not 3am on a Wednesday morning.

Would probably take about 2 months to get through it all if played around the clock 24/7, would be more interesting then replaying the season just passed, but they could certainly still do that too with all the time to spare over the summer.

I agree. Perhaps have a weekly update or something. My F.I.L. gets fox footy thru the season, then cuts it off until next season.
So if we get a Fox Footy game show hosted by Luke Darcy (I know he's with 7), you're going to miss it.

Should have at least a 30 mins trade show every weeknight of trade week month. 360 with alternate hosts for a couple of months? Gerard said last week he hasn't seen his kid much lately..

More on around the draft would be good too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back