Fox Footy Channel - Waste of space in the off-season

Remove this Banner Ad

NFL is crap.

Do FoxFooty show the draft live?

But I don't see why 360, Open Mike, 30 Min Thrillers can't be shown more often, like in the NAB Cup.

NFL is crap.

Do FoxFooty show the draft live?

But I don't see why 360, Open Mike, 30 Min Thrillers can't be shown more often, like in the NAB Cup.

I believe they show the draft live but I would love to see some matches from the Under 18 Champs shown especially in the lead up to the draft

360 especially during trade period is very necessary but on a smaller scale, Open Mike and 30 Minute Thrillers.

And Thank Fox its Friday just with classic matches not quarters

I wish the NTFL got some national exposure in the AFL off-season on Fox Footy. Get Commetti up to Darwin to call the odd game or two.
With no AFL to clash with it and with the right marketing, a lot of die hard fans footy fans would actually have a NTFL side that they would semi-follow if cricket does not tickle their fancy.

Irks me that 360 stops just when things actually get interesting with trades and drafting etc.

Agreed, they shoud've at least had a two week trade week show, not necessarily with Robbo and Gerrard but I'm sure there are a couple Fox Footy people around that could do that, like Ralphy and De Stoope or something

It looks like Foxtel will be replay the whole season another 20 times again!!!
Why can't we get classic matches during the off-season. What a waste of space replaying the season so many times. They can at least show AFL documentaries, A footy orientated game show, f**king anything other than replaying the season!
---------

I believe ch 7 own most other footy matches of the past so i cant see them leasing or selling their " gold mine " to Fox or ch 9 or any other company .
Fox and ch 9 or whoever must go and be creative and make doco's etc

I wish the NTFL got some national exposure in the AFL off-season on Fox Footy. Get Commetti up to Darwin to call the odd game or two.
With no AFL to clash with it and with the right marketing, a lot of die hard fans footy fans would actually have a NTFL side that they would semi-follow if cricket does not tickle their fancy.

I think they do show matches on NITV. Have seen games shown before on that channel but not sure how regularly they play them and how many games per week are covered

(Log in to remove this ad.)

love that September is only time that the AFL and NFL clash... practically a footy fix of some kind all year long

Fox Footy becomes the NFL Network in the office season, would be nice
That's a great idea, they could 'sell' the space to another code in order to supplement their revenue and keep 360 going weekly and have a dedicated off-season update show. A-League could be keen for it. They already plan their league around the other codes, and if it included some international soccer coverage (with an Aussie slant), then it wouldn't detach them from all the EPL/UCL fans either.
Agreed, they shoud've at least had a two week trade week show, not necessarily with Robbo and Gerrard but I'm sure there are a couple Fox Footy people around that could do that, like Ralphy and De Stoope or something
The Hun would happily pay for it. They already produce the content so it's cheap and high-profile.

Of course the problem is if Foxtel have short contracts and will probably keep going that way as the Internet eats into their clientele, so a lot of people might cancel post-GF.

I am looking forward to re watching NMFC Rd 1-9 of 2013 nine times this summer....

Excited-fat-kid-wrestling-fan.gif

Pretty sure that C7 owns most of the rights to all the old games. We have this conversation each off season in recent years.

Before they killed off the Fox footy channel the first time (~2006), they used to show every match of every round, including finals, of seasons 2001-2006 during the off-season.

It was 24X7 of footy. Those were the times...sigh.

I wonder what the attrition rate would be if it switched to another code in the off-season?

I would drop it the day after the Grand Final.

Anything footy related would be better than replaying the entire season 35 times. I don't know anyone who enjoys this. Absolute rubbish.

AFL 360 a couple of times a week to cover trade period is a must. Wouldn't matter who hosted it.

Would love it if Fox Footy could produce and air some documentaries on each club (Like the Richmond one) over the off-season. Replaying the season over and over again doesn't provide anything

Do a Season in Review doco, as well as show a replay of the top 2 games for that club for that season.

Perhaps the club itself selects their top 2 games they played that year, and FF replay them, perhaps with some "on the couch" type analysis of the game with the coach/a few players (i'm not expecting "Final Story" style, but just some casual reflection on the game). If they did this for one club each week (say it premiered on a Saturday with a few reruns of it throughout the week), that's 18 weeks, with the series lasting until February.

Alphabetical order, so last night, it would have been the Crows season in review with their top games of 2013 replayed. I would assume Round 9 comeback v North, and Round 17 v Geelong.

That way, we do get the season replayed, but only the very best games (36 of them), with input from each club!

Not sure if anyone from the Essendon camp would feel like coming in to have a chat though, although I could be wrong.

Fox Footy should be a dedicated channel to footy 365 (or 366) days per year!

I actually like watching the replays. So far I have watched 1 game that I didn't get to see. Also they are replaying After the Bounce and Open Mike as well. Some of those interviews I didn't get to see I am now able to watch them again.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back