Foxtel Cup 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Possibly. One story has suggested leagues outside SANFL, VFL and WAFL may have to play qualifying games. One would think top 2 NEAFL and top 2 Tassie would be the logical choices to fight it out for remaining 2 places. Maybe mix in Sydney AFL premiers - but I kinda figured that league has been relegated further down the pecking order given the best NSW sides all play NEAFL now.
With Sydney Uni & Hills Eagles now in the NEAFL Eastern conference, i dont see the Sydney AFL getting a qualifying spot. The NEAFL deserves a spot in its own right, and with the NEAFL having a GF between the two conference premiers, that game could serve as to who gets the automatic NEAFL spot, leaving the other conference winner to play the TFL premiers for the 8th & final spot in the Foxtel Cup. So basically it would be this:
2x SANFL
2x WAFL
2x VFL
1x NEAFL
1x Qualifier - Loser of the NEAFL GF Vs TFL Premier

NT Thunder comes out of the NEAFL, I doubt they'll be left to the qualifiers. Too much AFL and sponsor investment

You could be right - but it defeats the purpose of this exercise if NT Thunder are struggling and get an automatic spot.

Also the way they conducted themselves in this year's cup won't help their case for automatic inclusion.

Thunder rested half their team v port melb. Don't know why but otherwise they are a good side, could hold their own in vfl/SANFL etc.

Thunder are a good side - but if they rest half their team and get flogged they don't deserve an automatic spot.

It's over - Claremont will win it.

On Saturday, Port Melbourne did a West Adelaide and sent only our reserves over - thus lost by 50 points (though I proud of the young blokes giving it a really crack in that first half).

Just found out the final between Claremont and Werribee will be on THURSDAY night, August 2nd at Subiaco.

I can't see Werribee sending over a full strength side for a Thursday night game, so put your money on Claremont winning by 40 points plus.

It's over - Claremont will win it.

On Saturday, Port Melbourne did a West Adelaide and sent only our reserves over - thus lost by 50 points (though I proud of the young blokes giving it a really crack in that first half).

Just found out the final between Claremont and Werribee will be on THURSDAY night, August 2nd at Subiaco.

I can't see Werribee sending over a full strength side for a Thursday night game, so put your money on Claremont winning by 40 points plus.
Claremont played a virtual Reserves team as well mate ...missing from their team that smashed us (Swan Districts) the week before & or are out injured at the moment were players of the calibre of Chad Jones, Kane Mitchell, Tom Swift, Jeremy McGovern, Alex Silvagni, Trinity Handley, Lewis Stevenson, Andrew Ruck, Ian Richardson, Paul Medhurst, Alroy Gilligan, Jack Bradshaw, Ryan Neates, Simon Starling etc

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back