Free the terraces - A-League fans unite over FFA strict rules - SIGN THE PETITION

Thoughts on the new active support area policies?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Hey guys,

The title pretty much speaks for itself.

Down at MV the struggle to get an atmosphere was almost killed last season, these new rules by the FFA will end the passion that we show week-in week-out for good.

This will mean that all fans within the designated “Home Club Active Supporter Areas” will have a valid season membership pass or shorter-term active area pass.

SIGN THE PETITION HERE

FFA'S NEW ACTIVE SUPPORTING AREA POLICY

Thoughts?

Cheers

GG

Can you explain the issue that the Northern Terrace has with the new policy? To me it doesn't seem all that different to the issues they had last year.

Can you explain the issue that the Northern Terrace has with the new policy? To me it doesn't seem all that different to the issues they had last year.
Last year it was simple restrictions such as:
  • Tarps over sections of seating to reduce the capacity of the active area
  • No flags
  • No banners
  • No instruments
  • No megaphone
  • Etc.
This year it is simple as this:
  • In order to be in the 'active area' you must be a club member for a period that season
  • Therefore there will be no general admission active area
So essentially, general admission supporter groups such as the Northern Terrace, will eventually die out, unless you allow more money to be squeezed out of yourself by the club, ultimately the FFA.

I'm a South End member, unfortunately I do not support the North End this year.

The 3 game guest memberships and full season memberships provide plenty of opportunity and ability to grow in the active areas.

These are fair and reasonable measures to make any poor fan behaviour accountable.

The 3 game guest memberships and full season memberships provide plenty of opportunity and ability to grow in the active areas.

These are fair and reasonable measures to make any poor fan behaviour accountable.

Yarraside Terrace, correct?

Can general admin still access that area this season?

Personally, I will be buying a season membership, I'd never seen a game of soccer until MV vs Roar last year, and I can tell you, from then onwards that I was hooked.

But I'm not fighting for myself, or the NT, I'm fighting for those that want to support the boys in the active are the people who can't afford to fork out the money for memberships.

Last year it was simple restrictions such as:
  • Tarps over sections of seating to reduce the capacity of the active area
  • No flags
  • No banners
  • No instruments
  • No megaphone
  • Etc.
This year it is simple as this:
  • In order to be in the 'active area' you must be a club member for a period that season
  • Therefore there will be no general admission active area
So essentially, general admission supporter groups such as the Northern Terrace, will eventually die out, unless you allow more money to be squeezed out of yourself by the club, ultimately the FFA.

lol wrong.

last year you had to be a member to be in the active area. scanners and tarps were used to make sure no one sneaked in

there was no GA active last year either (not sure about south end)

instruments, megaphones, flags were all allowed, only GROUP fence banners were banned

and it is NORTH TERRACE

personally can't see myself getting a membership

just don't see the point putting money towards something i can't enjoy

(Log in to remove this ad.)

lol wrong.

last year you had to be a member to be in the active area. scanners and tarps were used to make sure no one sneaked in

there was no GA active last year either (not sure about south end)

instruments, megaphones, flags were all allowed, only GROUP fence banners were banned

and it is NORTH TERRACE
Wow.

I purchased a GA ticket every week, except big games against WSW, Sydney FC, Heart etc. and was still eligible to sit with the "North Terrace".

If you think all of those items you listed above were allowed, then you have got to be kidding yourself. And the fact that you aren't getting a membership means you aren't loyal towards the club, you'll probably just trot down the other end and start supporting City.

What has happened that has made the league decide this needs to be put in place?
Crowd behavior and ultimately ruling out the "thug/gang mentality" that FFA believes exists in every supporter in the active supporter bays.

Crowd behavior and ultimately ruling out the "thug/gang mentality" that FFA believes exists in every supporter in the active supporter bays.

The problem is that its a minority which ruin it for the rest, it leads to their policy of targeting everyone for the actions of a few. They've got to enforce the rules somehow, so they take that kind of approach.

Wow.

I purchased a GA ticket every week, except big games against WSW, Sydney FC, Heart etc. and was still eligible to sit with the "North Terrace".

If you think all of those items you listed above were allowed, then you have got to be kidding yourself. And the fact that you aren't getting a membership means you aren't loyal towards the club, you'll probably just trot down the other end and start supporting City.

the north terrace never sat/stood in the active area lol

why do you think they were on level 3 at docklands and in the corner at aami park??

those things were allowed... only in the active area, which the NT were not for every home game of the season. notice at the xmas derby (away game) we took the position of the middle bay (active area) with flags, banners etc?

why should i be loyal towards something that doesn't give a flying * about me? i'll still go to games but won't be buying a membership

Last edited:
the north terrace never sat/stood in the active area lol

why do you think they were on level 3 at docklands and in the corner at aami park??

those things were allowed... only in the active area, which the NT were not for every home game of the season. notice at the xmas derby (away game) we took the position of the middle bay (active area) with flags, banners etc?

why should i be loyal towards something that doesn't give a flying **** about me? i'll still go to games but won't be buying a membership
The North Terrace didn't sit in the active area as a form of protest.

Have a scroll mate. You might learn something about making comments on subjects of which you know not much.

Tell me the North Terrace never sat on level 1 behind the goals at Etihad and behind the goals at AAMI.

It's ok mate, Melbourne City will suit you well.

lmao deadset mate you should just log off

we are talking about last season ffs

lmao deadset mate you should just log off

we are talking about last season ffs
Yeah true, I should just log off shouldn't I.

I'll put it in capitals, bold, underlined, red and the highest sized font, for it to get through your head.

The North Terrace didn't sit in the active area as a form of protest.

i'm well aware of that you melt. what is your point?

let me explain this easier for you. you said you were able to stand with the north terrace.. yes correct but they weren't in the official active area, which is why there was no mega, drum, flags etc (only a few occasions were these tried but security/police acted on it)

if they were in the official active area, flags, drums etc are allowed, as long as they were approved by the club

i'm well aware of that you melt. what is your point?

let me explain this easier for you. you said you were able to stand with the north terrace.. yes correct but they weren't in the official active area, which is why there was no mega, drum, flags etc (only a few occasions were these tried but security/police acted on it)

if they were in the official active area, flags, drums etc are allowed, as long as they were approved by the club
Ugh.

tl;dr.

Cannot be bothered.

aka you messed up and didn't read/understand properly

don't worry mate it happens

aka you messed up and didn't read/understand properly

don't worry mate it happens
No, you're really not worth the time.

Melbourne City will enjoy your presence. Perhaps a City membership is on the cards?

Back