Review Fremantle d Adelaide by 11 pts

Remove this Banner Ad

Best moment of the match for me:

Centre bouncedown with about 3 mins to go in third quarter. Adelaide just goaled to pull level after a sloppy skill error from Neale. Game absolutely in the balance just before 3 quarter time. Ball thrown up, Sandi taps to a Fyfe hitting the contest in motion, he uses his strength to hold off tackles and drop the ball onto his left boot, 35m kick forward is marked strongly by Pav, who goes back and drains it and gives Freo a lead that was never bettered.

It was a huge moment and I think it says alot about where we are at this season...ready to own the key moments.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Best moment of the match for me:

Centre bouncedown with about 3 mins to go in third quarter. Adelaide just goaled to pull level after a sloppy skill error from Neale. Game absolutely in the balance just before 3 quarter time. Ball thrown up, Sandi taps to a Fyfe hitting the contest in motion, he uses his strength to hold off tackles and drop the ball onto his left boot, 35m kick forward is marked strongly by Pav, who goes back and drains it and gives Freo a lead that was never bettered.

It was a huge moment and I think it says alot about where we are at this season...ready to own the key moments.

Yes. Initiated by the Man Mountain....reckon Fyfe should donate 1 of his Charlie votes to the big fella as his opponent had no influence and is currently a shivering mess in the showers.

A few random things from me
- the best contest Ive seen since Jacko retired
- the biggest adjustment we have had to make to weather patterns since RTB's arrival
- Walters is a fricking weapon
- We have weather issues
- Ibbo is the real deal and Suban is our wet weather tyres
- Footy drowns out all the racial bs
- We kinda just equaled our best record ever you arsehole

Last edited:
1310650820313.jpg

Hard to really analyse the game. We were poor for probably 3/4 of the match yet still managed to come away with a victory after a hard slog.

Hilly found some form again and I thought his last quarter was superb. He was carrying it, getting clearances, smothering, tackling and delivering inside 50. I don't care how old they are because if they keep performing like they have been, Sandi and Luke need to go around again. They were outstanding tonight. Sandi made Jacobs (who I rate highly) look mediocre and Luke toweled up Walker. Barlow on reflection had probably his best game of the season. I'm loving Subes season so far and he had another good game tonight. Sherro was also great as the sub and I hope he comes in for a full game next week. Sonny also continued his finding of form with another great showing.

Sutty was poor but with the conditions I'll cut him some slack. I don't think my buddy was as bad as people are making it out to be. Sure it wasn't one of his best games but he was far from the worst out there.

For me, the selections could have proved a bit of a problem but we were good enough to get the win in the end. With it being known for the past week that it was going to be wet I thought this would be a good game to bring in one of or both Mzungu and Crozier. We went in too tall for the conditions.

I'm a bit worried about next week. 6 day break plus travel after this slog, there are going to be some tired boys. Not to mention we have made Richmond look like world beaters over here lately so it will be a big test of our fitness.

Are you sure you weren't watching a replay of the Sydney game?

2nd most possessions for freo tonight.

Yeah, he worked hard, got his hands on it alright (haven't seen the stats), but he wasn't as good with his decision making and skills as he can be. Not that he's a Steven Hill skilled type payer, but his numbers aren't as impressive as they can be for mine anyway because he seemed particularly sloppy at times. Not saying he had a stinker either, just not as good as he can be. Might change my mind on a replay though.

Hard to really analyse the game. We were poor for probably 3/4 of the match yet still managed to come away with a victory after a hard slog.

Hilly found some form again and I thought his last quarter was superb. He was carrying it, getting clearances, smothering, tackling and delivering inside 50. I don't care how old they are because if they keep performing like they have been, Sandi and Luke need to go around again. They were outstanding tonight. Sandi made Jacobs (who I rate highly) look mediocre and Luke toweled up Walker. Barlow on reflection had probably his best game of the season. I'm loving Subes season so far and he had another good game tonight. Sherro was also great as the sub and I hope he comes in for a full game next week. Sonny also continued his finding of form with another great showing.

Sutty was poor but with the conditions I'll cut him some slack. I don't think my buddy was as bad as people are making it out to be. Sure it wasn't one of his best games but he was far from the worst out there.

For me, the selections could have proved a bit of a problem but we were good enough to get the win in the end. With it being known for the past week that it was going to be wet I thought this would be a good game to bring in one of or both Mzungu and Crozier. We went in too tall for the conditions.

I'm a bit worried about next week. 6 day break plus travel after this slog, there are going to be some tired boys. Not to mention we have made Richmond look like world beaters over here lately so it will be a big test of our fitness.

That's good analysis I reckon. I think we were better than just 1 good quarter though. We didn't play the conditions well particularly in the later part of the 1st and the entire 2nd quarter, and Adelaide were the 'dog hungry' ones, but we didn't roll over either. Then we started to turn it around in the 3rd quarter and, though we didn't hit the scoreboard, we dominated that last 1/4 for all intents and purposes.

Farkin score reviews?? WTF?? Why do we have so many bad ones (on top of bad umpiring) this year??

But we did beat a good team on their ground (despite them being favoured by the umpiring) and in wet conditions - so really the "review" for the week is bank the 4 points and move on.

With GWS also losing it is a key result in that it keeps the gap between us and the bracket of the next best teams at a solid two game margin.

Only slightly questioning observation is that I was surprised it took so long for us to react to Adelaide playing an extra back - and sometimes two extra back - in the first half. Especially in wet conditions that gave them an advantage tactically...

But they wasted it with poor kicking for goal and then we out ran them late in the game...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back