Autopsy Fremantle vs West Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

To me it was clear the last half fade out was designed. There was such a major change in intensity between halves and Rounds 1 & 2 showed us their ability to run it out when needed, it's just today it wasn't. I dunno Maybe I just got my Ross-coloured-glasses on! :p

If that's the case I can see why RTB does it (let's face it, he does it often) but dammit I just want to see the guys put teams to the sword.

Ah well, no injuries and a bit fresher for next week. Looking forward to it.
Good first post :thumbsu:

Clearly RTB was happy for the foot to be taken off the pedal, I wonder if it would have been different if we had a 7 or 8 day break coming up?

First quarter was amazing (first half was pretty damn amazing actually)

Not sure about soft. Just realistic. If RTB told you to tone it down and mentioned the Peel boys knocking on the door pre game. Your instincts would be to win and get through unscathed

Still it's not exactly an encouraging thought. Either way I do agree it's nice to go a week without and injury worry, it's nice to know that the recovery should be smoother and now we get to find out where we're at against Sydney.

at one point your mob was 79 points up IIRC. Taking foot off the pedal is one thing, but being outscored 50 points by a team with no backline or midfield isnt great. Anyway well played in the first quarter.
What training run were you watching?All I saw was half a session of clearance work and kick to kick ending with shots on goal.
Followed up with a few different defensive structures being trialled.

What training run were you watching?All I saw was half a session of clearance work and kick to kick ending with shots on goal.
Followed up with a few different defensive structures being trialled.

Exactly, forward line without Pav trialled as well. Duffman was at half forward for a while and Sonny was at half back.

It's all good.

True, but I was pretty early in calling him elite. Thought he was better than Suban years ago.

not as early as some ;) I would suggest that having him back as my buddy has been the catalyst for his step up this season. I'm sure estibador would agree

Anyone know where I might be able to find the video of the 2012 final against the Cats. RTB rates it as well as we've played. Wouldn't mind re watching to see how our current crop hold up

Anyone know where I might be able to find the video of the 2012 final against the Cats. RTB rates it as well as we've played. Wouldn't mind re watching to see how our current crop hold up

I sketched a whole lot of images from this game and if you flick the pages quickly, it gives you a feel for the game.

Close to my favourite game too.
I will go to my grave feeling we blew the following week's game by bringing in Clarke for Keplar.
Kep was the perfect foil for Pav that night.
I have it on my Foxtel Box and can't copy it.

congrats on the win - demolished us in the first and then did exactly enough to win comfortably and no more

scoreline flattered us at the end - would have been horrendous if it was a granny and you kept on

i really thought you lot would drop off this year due to age - but you and hawthorn look to be the standouts this year - good luck for the rest of the year - i suspect i will pay more attention to your games than ours this year - and the next if ploddis doesnt retire

Last edited:
We are playing a lot more with 6 back men allowing the extra to be at the contest.

Danyle Pearce couldn't believe his luck at a throw in. Wandered up to the back of the ricks, looked around. Saw he had no opponent, jogged boundary side as the ball came in, Sandi put it down his throat and away we went.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We are playing a lot more with 6 back men allowing the extra to be at the contest.

Danyle Pearce couldn't believe his luck at a throw in. Wandered up to the back of the ricks, looked around. Saw he had no opponent, jogged boundary side as the ball came in, Sandi put it down his throat and away we went.

Yep we had the extra man at the contest while WC had theirs back.

Close to my favourite game too.
I will go to my grave feeling we blew the following week's game by bringing in Clarke for Keplar.
Kep was the perfect foil for Pav that night.
I have it on my Foxtel Box and can't copy it.
Best bit was the shell-shocked Cats all arguing with each other at the quarter time break.

Not sure why people are calling for us to flog weak teams at this point in the season. West Coast flog weak teams, North Melbourne flog weak teams, Richmond flog weak teams.

We showed what we are capable of in the first quarter, then did enough to win easily with very little risk of injury and leaving something in the talk for a big game next week.

I would have been absolutely spewing if we had picked up an injury trying to bury a weak opponent when the game was well and truly won by quarter time.

We will not back off in the grad final and that is the only one that really matters.

Did anyone else get a bit of smug satisfaction after beating them with them trying so hard to push their 'The West Is Ours' slogan? They know they're losing market share, all the kids want to support the Dockers now, they're slowly fading into obscurity and they fully realise it.

Not sure why people are calling for us to flog weak teams at this point in the season. West Coast flog weak teams, North Melbourne flog weak teams, Richmond flog weak teams.

We showed what we are capable of in the first quarter, then did enough to win easily with very little risk of injury and leaving something in the talk for a big game next week.

I would have been absolutely spewing if we had picked up an injury trying to bury a weak opponent when the game was well and truly won by quarter time.

We will not back off in the grad final and that is the only one that really matters.
Hawthorn flog weak teams.

That's who you have to compare against

Did anyone else get a bit of smug satisfaction after beating them with them trying so hard to push their 'The West Is Ours' slogan? They know they're losing market share, all the kids want to support the Dockers now, they're slowly fading into obscurity and they fully realise it.
In the bush we got one of the 'The West Is Ours' advertisements when they were 10 or 11 goals down to much merriment from the freo supporters and much cringing from the WC supporters :thumbsu:

Huge own goal I reckon.

In the bush we got one of the 'The West Is Ours' advertisements when they were 10 or 11 goals down to much merriment from the freo supporters and much cringing from the WC supporters :thumbsu:

Huge own goal I reckon.

I heard on the radio today one of their promos. I think it is one of their players saying it.
" many feathers make up one eagle " How profound is that ?

I can't understand that an organisation would be prepared to pay for something like that.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back