Prediction Round 22: Changes Vs West Coast Eagles + prematch discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

forward line:

Talls: Jackson, Amiss, Treacy --> replacements in order: Tabs, Corbett, some untried kid

Medium: Freddie, Sturt --> Banfield, some untried kid

Small: Walters, Schultz, Mike Wazowski --> ? Emmett?

It's fairly straightforward. Given LJ is in the ruck, and we don't need to squeeze Fyfe in, Tabs (if fit) is obvious first choice.

We look real good with a tall forward coming down to the wing to help provide a target, one around F50, and one at the goals. When it's just the two, it's noticeable and a lot harder work for Amiss and Treacy who are still just kids at the end of a long season.

Well maybe you just have suck it up with another year (and perhaps even 2 or 3) of development. We are not winning a flag until Amiss, Treacy and Jackson have progressed further (not to mention Johnson, Erasmus, Chapman, etc). It will take years and Taberner is absolutely zero chance of being a premiership player with Fremantle. He is simply depth to cover injuries. I am not against playing him this week in the situation we are in now with Darcy being injured. Replaces Corbett.
If you want to live endlessly in the future be my guest. I won't be. If he is best player available for next year, in the now, to win us games to get us back in the finals, he should play. If he isn't and Jackson is. Fine. I am not going on one of Connolly's never ending journey's. Freo got a pass because we lost so many senior players last year. That's the only reason.

Wish they brought Brodie back in. I want to see if Brodie and JOM can work together without Fyfe in the team. We still don't have a midfield bull in the team.
Hayden Young is about to slap you.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brodie, Young, Serong is the combo that gets me most excited.
Brayshaw:

Sad Korean Drama GIF by The Swoon

I agree. Tabs wouldn't have to do much but simply bring the ball to ground in a high marking contest to be better than Corbett. I also really want Worner to get a full game as he deserves the opportunity with his consistent form for Peel this year. Corbett and Hughes out for Tabs and Worner would be my changes.

You got your wish with Worner

Nah, he's been a decent set shot for a few years. It was one of the reasons he kicked as many goals as he did in that AA squad year - very accurate kicking. Agree with the rest though, if anyone on the coaching committee has Tabs first picked for the forwardline if fit they need to resign
Late to the party, but I distinctly remember him being the sort of guy you could put your house on it he would miss a the critical moment with all the momentum shot from directly in front.

Late to the party, but I distinctly remember him being the sort of guy you could put your house on it he would miss a the critical moment with all the momentum shot from directly in front.
Yeah, don’t disagree but he put a lot of effort into it and has been a genuinely elite set shot since like 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Back