Prediction Changes: Round 13 Vs Richmond + prematch discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Just a correction, I brought up that a dysmorphia/vanity about ab definition could hamper physical development and it could, because it does.

It's why it's been so amusing for you to hammer on about it like I'm not speaking actual sports science at you.
Sometimes it might, many times it doesn't. Particularly if you're fully engaged in an intensive fitness program and have access to PTs, dieticians etc. You stated it like it was a fait accompli (ie opposite of actual sports science).

Sometimes it might, many times it doesn't. Particularly if you're going, fully engaged in an intensive fitness program and have access to PTs. You stated it like it was a fait accompli (ie opposite of actual sports science).
I suggested it as a possible circumstance because my experience with AFL players is that they aren't all nearly as professional as fans would think. There's quite a wide margin for results to land in.

I suggested it as a possible circumstance because my experience with AFL players is that they aren't all nearly as professional as fans would think. There's quite a wide margin for results to land in.
You were definitive. You had plenty of opportunity to step back from it. But who cares? As I said, just wanted to clarify if Tucker shared it, seems as how you were non specific about it.

You were definitive. You had plenty of opportunity to step back from it. But who cares? As I said, just wanted to clarify if Tucker shared it, seems as how you were non specific about it.

Darcy and Liam have very different personalities and very different attitudes toward self promotion online.

Liam seems like someone who thinks he’s made it just because he’s in the AFL system. But he could be so much more. I still hold out hope that he will realise this at some point and get serious.

Liam seems like someone who thinks he’s made it just because he’s in the AFL system. But he could be so much more. I still hold out hope that he will realise this at some point and get serious.
He is serious, he just hasn't found the level of AFL yet, the kid is 21 or 22, give him some time

Let Me Think Reaction GIF by The Drew Barrymore Show

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Imagine criticising an athlete for having abs ...

This is ridiculous.

And one who has noticeably bulked up since he was drafted too.

Henry has probably put on more muscle in two years than Wilson has in his entire career. And I don't think anyone is going to accuse Wilson of having abs either.

At this point in time Henry is still a kid with potential. Hopefully that will eventuate over time, maybe it won’t (and maybe it will but not for us).
Can’t quite understand the negativity to be honest, he’s earned his spot and I hope he grabs it with both hands and never looks back.
What I actually hope is for us all to be sitting back in ten years time watching him still carving it up n reminiscing about how “no-one else” thought he’d get there while dredging up our one old post of positive comments.
Or maybe I had one too many beers after training tonight 🤣🤣

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Love the team selection, some bold plays in there

Nice to see Sturt backed in but its obvious he will get subbed for Sonny halfway through the third

Henry was BOG on the weekend and has had a solid month at Peel, very clean in the wet for Peel

Corbett still the only player to be sub and then dropped after 1 game this year, its definitely a next man in mentality with the sub
A lot of baseless (and pretty weird) criticism of Liam here. I’ve watched every Peel game and he’s building a good season and developing. Was dominant and clean in patches on the weekend in very poor conditions.

Also I think the strategy is to play Aish and Johnson inside, so a winger is needed.

A lot of baseless (and pretty weird) criticism of Liam here. I’ve watched every Peel game and he’s building a good season and developing. Was dominant and clean in patches on the weekend in very poor conditions.

Also I think the strategy is to play Aish and Johnson inside, so a winger is needed.

The problem is he's played wing and at AFL level he can't hit a target. In fact he kicked straight to the opposition.

He was diabolical

I've watched wafl games and he's been good. It unfortunately doesn't translate to AFL.

I'd rather Erasmus who played really well outside against Sydney

Imagine criticising an athlete for having abs ...

This is ridiculous.

Imagine reading something written as a 'possible' or as a 'I wonder' as a criticism.

Also ridiculous.

I hope he does very well. Henry hasn't shown much in his time at the club, I don't think he has break away speed or any special attribute. I hope he proves me completely wrong.

He was sent back to Peel to work on his game, and by all accounts he has done just that, the match committee has acknowledged it and he’s getting a deserved crack. Hard to argue that.

It’s not unreasonable to see the early years comparison with Sonny and in that light, you could argue Henry probably has his nose in front timeline wise, which rightly reflects his draft selection.

He will have a breakout game soon enough.

Patience!

Just a correction, I brought up that a dysmorphia/vanity about ab definition could hamper physical development and it could, because it does.

It's why it's been so amusing for you to hammer on about it like I'm not speaking actual sports science at you.
What is the evidence for this claim?

I thought Liam Henry turned a corner watching the WAFL and was earning his way back in, right up until the point he snapped at goal with space and time and didn’t make the distance from 20-25m out. Now I know it’s one kick, but that’s the momentum killer, the crowd groans. We all saw it earlier in the year and it saps the group. So much hard work to get free inside 25m to end in a ball not making the distance and falling into the defenders arms.

Neil Erasmus is already a better player, think of the bone crunching hip and shoulders, 2nd effort tackles etc. He has his dumb moments, back heel twice resulting in turnover but that’s decision making, coaching. He will know to take the boundary, reset next time.

I’m not sure I’ll ever have confidence in Henry’s kicking. Coupled with the sometimes questionable decision making, small body and average pace, I’m not sure he makes it. Glad to be wrong because we need an elite wingman.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back