Prediction Round 8: Changes Vs Hawks + prematch discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

And if we win, and convincingly. Then what? Lol 😂
If we win it means * all. Hawks are literally trying to lose matches FFS.

I’ll be judging your hero Banfield and all the other whipping boys, and the coach based on what they serve up in the SCG next weekend, at Optus against Geelong in 2 weeks time and then again the following week against the dees in the MCG. If he kicks 10 goals in those 3 games I’ll change my mind. Anyone filling their boots against the soft kill this weekend should be disregarded

This is a no win game for the coach and the team.

Ffs fyfe as a sub.

The poor campaigner has been treated like s**t. We are piss weak and small In the midfield.

J lo won't make it to round 19 at this stage

Ffs fyfe as a sub.

The poor campaigner has been treated like s**t. We are piss weak and small In the midfield.

It’s embarrassing isn’t it. Fyfe must be thinking WTF am I doing here looking at some of these clowns running around masquerading as AFL players while he’s still sitting on the pine.

Ffs fyfe as a sub.

He’s making some real w***ery decisions!

Banners continues getting a gig.

Worner can’t come in for Hughes.

JOM is clearly playing better as a fwd option, yet still playing mid over a few others.

He doesn’t rate Sturt and Corbett who are clearly superior to Banners.

Defends his s**t gameplan and doesn’t own up to his faults which master coaches have in years gone.

If we win it means * all. Hawks are literally trying to lose matches FFS.

I’ll be judging your hero Banfield and all the other whipping boys, and the coach based on what they serve up in the SCG next weekend, at Optus against Geelong in 2 weeks time and then again the following week against the dees in the MCG. If he kicks 10 goals in those 3 games I’ll change my mind. Anyone filling their boots against the soft kill this weekend should be disregarded

This is a no win game for the coach and the team.
Lol how did I know this would be your response. Not willing to give credit where credit is due 😂🤣

Banfields not my hero lol I don't see players that way..they just ordinary men playing a game of footy. My dad's my hero lol

The saltiness over one player is laughable. It's like someone stole your lunch money

If banners plays poorly I'll continue having a great weekend. If the MC choose to omit him, I hope he has a great game at peel to win his spot back 🙂

What I do like about banners is his attitude. Also his craftiness to snap and goal. If the forward line opens up and the talls bring it down, with bit more room he will thrive

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol how did I know this would be your response. Not willing to give credit where credit is due 😂🤣

Banfields not my hero lol I don't see players that way..they just ordinary men playing a game of footy. My dad's my hero lol
If banners kicks 4 at the SCG or against the Dees in Melbourne I’ll change my mind.
This weekend doesn’t count, not for him or anyone else either.

Win or lose it doesn’t really mean anything imo.

We want to see the method of gameplay improve.
I am down with this. This year was always going to be a reversion to the mean as we genuinely did over-perform last season. We've been shitter than I would like, but the reality is we are where we should be while fielding the youngest or one of the youngest sides in the comp.

All I am looking for is (1) continual improvement in method and execution and (2) cohesion.

There were genuine positive signs in the Brissie game. Elements are missing, but those of us who looked honestly at the state of our forward line and midfield unit knew this.

The back six being down is not permanent. Form and confidence wane but the fundamental skill set and ablity is there.

The ideal scenario for us is that Johnson and Erasmus come good the same time Amiss does and that we keep the core of Brayshaw, Chapman, Cox, Darcy, Jackson, Serong and Young together and tighter than the paint on your gran's best china.

Kevin Sheedy used to maintain there was a seven-year cycle in footy and for some reason that really resonates with me. It also means we're looking more likely to be kicking arse in 2027...

Whatever happens, as long as they are having a dip, I'm in. It's only the really weak stuff that turns my stomach. Play with some heart, you freaks, and I'm there.

Thanks, I like mine better so I'll choose to ignore BOM

A mate at Fisheries using some shipping forecasting tool say its highly likely wet and that 5pm onwards is the peak of the expected winds. Apparently a good tool for weather but who knows.

Always a chance the weather comes in hard and a late change is made as a result.

That would take a level of shrewdness and alacrity in decision making not evident in our selection process over the past 2yrs.

Has anyone mentioned how ****ing stupid JL is for dropping Sturt over Banfield is yet?

Just an absolute dumb c***
Only 33 more games until Banfield qualifies for father-son!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back