Fixture Full 2024 AFL fixture released. News and leaks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Whilst I agree on the Americanised crap and Australia basically has none of its own culture these days (funnily enough other than our game), what happened in prelim final week that had you so upset?
Nah just the title mate. And I know it is Prelim Final weekend but should I be more clear and say that's an American theme '' Preliminary Final weekend ''

We don't need to speak like them or use their terms. We're good the way we are.

How are those things bad, though? I don’t think he meant never go to the doctor for check ups etc, just that people get bent out of shape too easily over things that don’t really matter or affect them. Culture war stuff seems pretty pointless to me.

You just don't get it.

Tonnes of things may not effect u now, but if you allow the ideology and culture of that thing to develop and grow it will eventually effect you. Everyone should stand up against things they think are wrong.

You just don't get it.

Tonnes of things may not effect u now, but if you allow the ideology and culture of that thing to develop and grow it will eventually effect you. Everyone should stand up against things they think are wrong.
And what if the things you think are wrong others don't think are wrong? What if they think you're just being ridiculous? Your "we should do something about it now" argument is exactly the same thing people you'd perceive as "woke" are doing that you'd see as hysterical overreactions, but, looking at your own argument, I could say that they're just trying to stop "the ideology and culture of that thing to develop and grow."

Hence the term culture warrior, it's like SJW but in reverse, self-proclaimed anti-racist v perceived racist, although if you've ever taken a glance at places like 4chan there are people who openly admit their racism, whatever their intentions may be. But the internet, being what it is, doesn't reflect reality imo. The best argument you've probably got here is that the AFL shouldn't be too influenced by social media trends.

But back to my main point, what if people decide to stand up against things that you don't think are wrong but they do think are wrong? I think people should do whatever compels them, right or wrong, and that includes sitting it out. Most people in the real world don't care about this stuff (flags, tokenism, Australia day merchandise), and with good reason - they've got bigger things to contend with.

This has probably been asked already and answered, but i cant be bothered reading through 40 pages of chat;

So with this Crap idea of Round 0, does that mean that we have to wait for the bye rounds before we can actually pay attention to the ladder?

Does this mean that for the first half of the season the ladder will have half the teams on 1 more game than the others?

Last edited:
this has probably been asked already and answered, but i cant be bothered reading through 40 pages of chat;

so with this Crap idea of Round 0, does that mean that we have to wait for the by rounds before we can actually pay attention to the ladder?

Does this mean that for the first half of the season the ladder will have half the teams on 1 more game than the others?
For the first 6 rounds.

But the ladder isn't worth paying much attention to before then anyway.

So we get to watch a number of teams complete their second match of the season before Freo gets the good old graveyard slot of Sunday afternoon to kick off their season. If that isn’t a big FU from the AFL to Freo I don’t know what is.

So we get to watch a number of teams complete their second match of the season before Freo gets the good old graveyard slot of Sunday afternoon to kick off their season. If that isn’t a big FU from the AFL to Freo I don’t know what is.
did you want Freo v brisbane to be the Thursday night game?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does anyone know when the dates/times for the rest of the fixture are released?

THE AFL has informed clubs that it is likely to finalise the fixture times for rounds 16 to 23 in around a month's time.

The League's executive general manager of football Laura Kane spoke to club CEOs on Thursday, where it was relayed that the next round of fixture details is planned to be released around round nine.

However, it's understood the AFL will only release dates through until round 23 in its next batch of confirmed timings and currently plans to leave the final weekend of games in round 24 as a floating fixture.

Story continues in link.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back