Fixture Full 2024 AFL fixture released. News and leaks.

Remove this Banner Ad

North Melbourne now on a 6 year streak (not including the 2020 covid season) of having to go to Kardinia Park. Getting comical at this point
yeah Kardinia is a horror pit, even on a good day. When the game comes. Just throw $100 on it at 1.01 lol.

Im gonna do my bit on Freo too. I put money on Freo to lose every game. Dockers fans hate it. lol

To hear Pies fans whine about the fixture is amusing on many levels
dont worry.... AFL doesnot care about freo...

Dockers only have one bottom 6 side as a double up, the bottom placed west coast eagles.

Dockers 3 double ups are Brisbane, Port and sydney, all 3 made finals in 2023.

you would think freo would get other bottom 6 sides twice like North and hawks,

Mind you, North melbourne beat freo in Perth in round 2. Dockers have North again in round 2, in Marvel. I wish it was in tassie though. Never beat North melbourne in tassie.

Dockers only have one bottom 6 side as a double up, the bottom placed west coast eagles.

Mind you, North melbourne beat freo in Perth in round 2. Dockers have North again in round 2, in Marvel. I wish it was in tassie though. Never beat North melbourne in tassie.
Tigers were btm 6
We play two from each pool of 6.

“I wish it was in tassie though. Never beat North melbourne in tassie.”
WTF do you even go for freo?

Great broadcast on SEN tday about 11:30 12:00 from the racing guys Miles Pfitzner & David Taggart I think . Wish I could find a link to attach.
Basically roasted all their footy nuffie fellow employees at SEN over the complaining around the fixture.
The general theme was the AFL set the fixture.
They do what they want.

"Stop getting bent out of shape about the fixture as its out of your control all the complaining in the world wont change anything."

Its not fair and the AFL dont give a stuff.
They said the AFL's attitude to the interstate clubs is the comp was started in vic so thats where the games are played. Bad luck.
It was a very funny segment.

Check again, we don't play Freo twice.

Tigers were btm 6
We play two from each pool of 6.

“I wish it was in tassie though. Never beat North melbourne in tassie.”
WTF do you even go for freo?
Well North Melbourne play some home games in Tassie. I want that ticked off the bucket list. That and Essendon at the MCG.

We have already beaten North outside of WA in various grounds. Beat them in the MCG by a point in 2003. We did beat North in docklands in 2017, beaten North in gold coast in 2020.

I wish that round 2 game vs North was in tassie. We probably wont get an easier chance to beat them in tassie.

Dockers have Beaten the hawks at least once in various away games. I know we beat the hawks in Waverley in the 1990s. We never beaten them at Princes park. We have beaten the hawks in docklands in 2001. We finally beaten the hawks in tassie in 2021, we finally beaten the hawks at the MCG in 2023.

York Park certainly hosts day/night Big Bash matches, so you would imagine the standard is also sufficient for AFL.
Its "broadcast standard" that's the issue really; less so the standard for the sport (or even league). And York Park clearly has broadcast standard lights. Launceston gets that bit colder at night than Hobart or Melbourne; not as cold as Canberra or Ballarat; and can get quite foggy late afternoon. Hawthorn rarely play very early round games there (unlike, say, GWS playing most of their early in the season games at Manuka), when night games might be a bit more attractive.
Lonny relies on travelling fans (even from other parts of the north of the state, the north is really two markets itself). The 1:10 spot works for fans and weather.

Of course, that's a load of bollocks. The ground has been used as a VFL/AFL venue for 82 years and they have been playing football there since the 19th century. It now will hold 40,000 footy fans and if opposition players can't handle the ground then stiff! They can always forfeit and not go! The AFL has no set dimensions for footy ovals, they are different all over the country. The only stipulation is that they must have a playing surface anywhere between 135m to 185m long and 110m to 155m wide. From the very start of Australian Rules Football the size of the playing field has always been imprecise. In the days of suburban football, it was one of the beauties of the game. Today it is a completely different venue. KP dimensions are 170 x 115 m. ..............................
MCG160141
Manuka Oval162138
Cazaly's Stadium Cairns165135
Traegar Park Alice Springs168132
Carrara Metricon161134
Gabba156138
Perth Stadium165130
SCG155136
Giants Stadium164128
Eureka Stadium Ballarat160129
Marvel160129
Adelaide Oval167123
Bellerive Blundstone Hobart160124
Kardinia Park170115
Every other venue in the AFL is shorter than Geelong. The Pies will be most welcome when they finally get to go down there again.
Ye mate you've sent a table that makes my point. Bowling alley.

Ye mate you've sent a table that makes my point. Bowling alley.
The point is, that it fits perfectly into the AFL-required dimensions. It's a footy ground. Remember they had to bring the boundary line in a few years ago for health and safety reasons and Adelaide Oval doesn't have wide wings either. Anxiety is feeling like a swarm of rats is eating your soul, losing to Geelong at GMHBA Stadium is feeling like it's already been eaten. Footy fans get anxious all the time, they fret over everything, particularly about playing down at the Cattery. The important thing is that you find a way to manage that anxiety, because if you let it take over it can eat your entire life and you'll become a Satanist. In recent years the Giants and Freo have proven what great 10-pin Bowling players they are. One of the great disappointments of the National game was the loss of the surbaban venue and the different conditions in which teams had to play.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The point is, that it fits perfectly into the AFL-required dimensions. It's a footy ground. Remember they had to bring the boundary line in a few years ago for health and safety reasons and Adelaide Oval doesn't have wide wings either. Anxiety is feeling like a swarm of rats is eating your soul, losing to Geelong at GMHBA Stadium is feeling like it's already been eaten. Footy fans get anxious all the time, they fret over everything, particularly about playing down at the Cattery. The important thing is that you find a way to manage that anxiety, because if you let it take over it can eat your entire life and you'll become a Satanist. In recent years the Giants and Freo have proven what great 10-pin Bowling players they are. One of the great disappointments of the National game was the loss of the surbaban venue and the different conditions in which teams had to play.
It's always interesting to look at Kardinia Park on Google Maps... One of the wings is so much narrower (I'd say 10m) than the other. Was shocked the first time I went there.

I have no doubt that if Geelong were a new club coming into the AFL, they would have been told very clearly and in no uncertain terms, that the discrepancy would need to be fixed before they were admitted.

AFL Community Series 2024
Tuesday, February 27
Collingwood v Richmond, Ikon Park, 6.40pm AEDT

Wednesday, February 28
Carlton v Melbourne, Ikon Park, 6.40pm AEDT

Thursday, February 29
Sydney v Brisbane, Blacktown International Sportspark, 4.10pm AEDT
Greater Western Sydney v Gold Coast, Manuka Oval, 7.10pm AEDT

Friday, March 1
Geelong v Essendon, GMHBA Stadium, 5.10pm AEDT
Port Adelaide v Fremantle, Alberton Oval, 7.30pm ACDT

Saturday, March 2
Adelaide v West Coast, Hisense Stadium, 2.40pm ACDT
Hawthorn v Western Bulldogs, University of Tasmania Stadium, 6.10pm AEDT

Sunday, March 3
St Kilda v North Melbourne, RSEA Park, 2.10pm AEDT

All games live on Foxtel and Kayo

I suggested that since the SA teams are getting a leg up for the next few years with Gather Round, maybe they could do the WA teams a solid and come over here for the pre-season rather than the other way around.

But apparently “a deal’s a deal”, so we’re off to play a fourth game in SA in 2024 :rolleyes:

AFL Community Series 2024
Tuesday, February 27
Collingwood v Richmond, Ikon Park, 6.40pm AEDT

Wednesday, February 28
Carlton v Melbourne, Ikon Park, 6.40pm AEDT

Thursday, February 29
Sydney v Brisbane, Blacktown International Sportspark, 4.10pm AEDT
Greater Western Sydney v Gold Coast, Manuka Oval, 7.10pm AEDT

Friday, March 1
Geelong v Essendon, GMHBA Stadium, 5.10pm AEDT
Port Adelaide v Fremantle, Alberton Oval, 7.30pm ACDT

Saturday, March 2
Adelaide v West Coast, Hisense Stadium, 2.40pm ACDT
Hawthorn v Western Bulldogs, University of Tasmania Stadium, 6.10pm AEDT

Sunday, March 3
St Kilda v North Melbourne, RSEA Park, 2.10pm AEDT

All games live on Foxtel and Kayo
To add to this, confirmed match simulations:

Wednesday, February 21
North Melbourne v Collingwood, Arden St, 10am AEDT

Thursday, February 22
Sydney v Greater Western Sydney, Tramway Oval, 10am AEDT
Carlton v Geelong, Ikon Park, 11am AEDT
Brisbane v Gold Coast, Brighton Homes Arena, 5pm AEST

Friday, February 23
Western Bulldogs v Hawthorn, Whitten Oval, 11am AEDT
St Kilda v Essendon, RSEA Park, 2pm AEDT
Port Adelaide v Adelaide, Alberton Oval, 5pm ACDT

Saturday, February 24
West Coast v Fremantle, Mineral Resources Park, 4.45pm AWST

Last edited:
Noticed it with Preliminary Final Weekend last year. Trying to emulate Championship Weekend From The NFL.

We're Aussie. Let's stay Aussie.

That's a horrible attitude to have. Let bad things foster and spread?
How are those things bad, though? I don’t think he meant never go to the doctor for check ups etc, just that people get bent out of shape too easily over things that don’t really matter or affect them. Culture war stuff seems pretty pointless to me.

Noticed it with Preliminary Final Weekend last year. Trying to emulate Championship Weekend From The NFL.

We're Aussie. Let's stay Aussie.

Whilst I agree on the Americanised crap and Australia basically has none of its own culture these days (funnily enough other than our game), what happened in prelim final week that had you so upset?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back