Rumour Future of the club (Bevo, board, assistant coaches, football department)

Remove this Banner Ad

Handshake Bros GIF

Bev meeting Dew

Turns out it wasn’t him , some other short meat axe with a thinning hair line , looked like a dead ringer from above and behind 😂
Should've gone to Specsavers.

I don’t think it’s likely at all but damn I hope the talk of Dew is true, just pay what he wants (if we’ve got any money left)

Dew fwd, Lade midfield, Pratt def, Egan DOC & Geary, Johnson & Spangher development would be absolutely elite

I don’t think it’s likely at all but damn I hope the talk of Dew is true, just pay what he wants (if we’ve got any money left)

Dew fwd, Lade midfield, Pratt def, Egan DOC & Geary, Johnson & Spangher development would be absolutely elite
I've been told that his asking head-coach wage for a senior assistant job and doesn't want to budge on it.

I've been told that his asking head-coach wage for a senior assistant job and doesn't want to budge on it.
What’s his other options though? No one’s going to pay him that. I’m sure he’s not short of a quid but if he wants a job surely he reconsiders as the market dries up and all the roles get filled. Although if that’s his mindset about it then maybe he’s not the best option

According to 7SA (Doropoulos) We’re still keen on Dew…
From our own piece on our website.

The major redevelopment at VU Whitten Oval is nearing completion but the football department renovation is now complete ahead of the start of the pre-season. Egan is a crucial piece in that jigsaw puzzle.

So I assume the club is set now, aside from goal kicking coach.

From our own piece on our website.

The major redevelopment at VU Whitten Oval is nearing completion but the football department renovation is now complete ahead of the start of the pre-season. Egan is a crucial piece in that jigsaw puzzle.

So I assume the club is set now, aside from goal kicking coach.

Yep seems like we’re done!

Coaching list settled now.

Matt Egan sounded good in the 30 second clip.

This club gets my hopes up every year lol.

Membership renewed.
Hopes dashed 10seconds before the bounce when I see our forward structure

Were these new soft cap changes expected or out of the blue? If suddenly we’ve got an extra $200-300k to spend that’s the only way I could see a surprise additional signing

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We’re not changing our soft cap spend due to the fine.

I think it could change things. There’s a cap on spending, but could assume not all clubs spend to that point. Our coaching support staff over the last 8yrs is probably proof of that.

I recall a list of soft cap spending by clubs a year or so back. The stronger clubs at the top, smaller clubs making up the bottom half.

We’ve been turning profits in recent years, but the WO redevelopment and now the $6M fine. Can definitely see it having an impact on funds available for the football department in general.

How that looks for our current team of assistants from 2025, who knows.

Some litigation payout would probably have been anticipated but only up to the amount the complainant was asking for. That was $2.5m. The extra $3.4m would come as a huge shock.

Legal fees etc will probably be another $1m after the appeal according to one report.

Spend it while it’s there!..
Litigation appeals could drag on for years?
If there’s no money in the kitty when case is finally settled so be it!
(I’m sure the AFL would help their favourite sons anyhow?)

What’s Jackson’s record like?
I remember a report he prepared some years ago recommending the Dogs be treated similarly to the then new clubs, GWS and GC, with financial support and draft concessions in order to grow the fan base across the western region of Melbourne.

His report suggested the Dogs were the key to keeping soccer at bay in the multicultural West, and that "every assistance'' should be afforded the Dogs in becoming a big club.

Didn't happen quite as he hoped (unless the AFL really did 'gift' us the flag :D ), but I have liked him ever since.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back