Rumour Future of the club (Bevo, board, assistant coaches, football department)

Remove this Banner Ad

Oh totally. Let’s pick a team with a better culture by picking three sides we rolled when it was all on the line.

That’s why I think the culture angle was always a deflection. He was miffed we didn’t let him chase the cash and didn’t let it go.
I don't hold anything against him, but you only need to look at his social media profiles (please don't, actually) to see he's very commercially driven. Good on him, you're a long time retired. I can't imagine there will be lines of media deals for him when he hangs them up though, he's as entertaining as an ingrown toe nail in that space.

they don’t last tho, and she has. But let’s misunderstand where the issue lies.

Our top end talent is good but mid and lower tiers are just not up to it.
Agree we have a number of players average at best..... Baker springs to mind. Also a few inexperienced players Khamis & Gallagher. Seriously though when your senior experienced players kick a 15m grubber directly to opposition coming out of the backline to go directly back over your head for a goal. It just beggars belief and there was 23 others like it punished by 8.4
Do we even kick the ball at training or are we just "visualising' it

I don't hold anything against him, but you only need to look at his social media profiles (please don't, actually) to see he's very commercially driven. Good on him, you're a long time retired. I can't imagine there will be lines of media deals for him when he hangs them up though, he's as entertaining as an ingrown toe nail in that space.
No issue with him chasing cash. I don’t really doubt he potted the club behind closed doors on the way out, and given what we did for him that’s pretty classless.

Essendon had promised waste a list spot on his little/not very good brother as well right?
You'd have to be an ostrich to think it was due to any culture

He will very likely get another gig. He will definitely coach a win against us that makes us implode.

Happily a lot of premiership coaches struggle at their next club (Clarko, Malthouse, Pagan, Worsfold).

If he took another club to repeat top four finishes and a flag this place would be Chernobyl.
Having a reflective moment today after listening to talk back radio alright I admit it was SEN ! They were talking about clubs like Hawks and Tigers staying up the top for extended periods but they all had the big club advantage. In so much they were all able to add top line ready to players. Hawks got Lake and Frawley Tigers added Lynch for nothing.
That's how they were able to stay on top adding great talent at minimal cost into already high functioning teams.
By contrast we have to draft and develop to get good talent. Which inevitably drags out our timeline so never get an extended run, due to the cliff coming early or not developed yet

Having a reflective moment today after listening to talk back radio alright I admit it was SEN ! They were talking about clubs like Hawks and Tigers staying up the top for extended periods but they all had the big club advantage. In so much they were all able to add top line ready to players. Hawks got Lake and Frawley Tigers added Lynch for nothing.
That's how they were able to stay on top adding great talent at minimal cost into already high functioning teams.
By contrast we have to draft and develop to get good talent. Which inevitably drags out our timeline so never get an extended run, due to the cliff coming early or not developed yet
I think players want to come if you’re exciting. 2016 came unexpectedly and we didn’t really exploit our opportunity to recruit players from other clubs. We were bland the next two years.

We’ve had some success in attracting some very handy players after though (Duryea, Suckling, Keath, Bruce, Treloar). I just don’t think we always had the right ones in mind and they tend not to be out and out stars. We did seduce Aker and Barry Hall when we were young and appealing.

Other clubs have advantages they exploit (Sydney and Geelong sell lifestyle well and have a home ground advantages). It’s hard to find ours, but I think if we’d targeted mature talent better in the last seven or eight years we would have had a sustained crack.

I think players want to come if you’re exciting. 2016 came unexpectedly and we didn’t really exploit our opportunity to recruit players from other clubs. We were bland the next two years.

We’ve had some success in attracting some very handy players after though (Duryea, Suckling, Keath, Bruce, Treloar). I just don’t think we always had the right ones in mind and they tend not to be out and out stars. We did seduce Aker and Barry Hall when we were young and appealing.

Other clubs have advantages they exploit (Sydney and Geelong sell lifestyle well and have a home ground advantages). It’s hard to find ours, but I think if we’d targeted mature talent better in the last seven or eight years we would have had a sustained crack.
I think Bevo used to be our Ace, those who had been coached under him at other clubs came, I.e.Cloke, Duryea, Suckling, but that is awhile ago now.

You mean influencer fees for Coles Express hot pockets won’t keep the lights on?

For years I’ve been advocating that we went after Callan Ward. Everyone said he was finished, but he just kept going. He would’ve been great in 2021,22,23. I see yesterday the Crows are going after Danger, smart move but probably won’t get him out of Moggs Creek. We know the next club up the road from the cattery is the Whitten Oval, he could still live in Moggs Creek and add some leadership to our group.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For years I’ve been advocating that we went after Callan Ward. Everyone said he was finished, but he just kept going. He would’ve been great in 2021,22,23. I see yesterday the Crows are going after Danger, smart move but probably won’t get him out of Moggs Creek. We know the next club up the road from the cattery is the Whitten Oval, he could still live in Moggs Creek and add some leadership to our group.
I'd have hoped we at least asked Callan Ward the question and was disappointed every time he resigned. Yes blah blah too many midfielders but he brings that Matty Boyd/Morris leadership

I love Callan Ward. Unfortunately, it would be very hard to get him now that the Giants are in the Premiership window.

The club will go nowhere under Bevo.
What decent player would be enticed to come to the Dogs with Bevo at the helm?
What decent assistants?

When Bevo does go , how many moving boxes do you think it will take to parcel up his Knick-knacks ? You know , his potted plants , awards , nodding bulldog toy , miniature surfboard , moustache wax etc ?

I’m talking your standard medium-duty Pickfords moving box , 52 litre , ( better value at Bunnings btw)

Which players are most likely - And least likely ! - to help him bring the boxes to his car ?

Will the players sign a funny card wishing all the best in his next job ? Which players might leave a message that looks harmless on the surface but betrays underlying feelings of dissatisfaction?

Is he the type to steal stationary? He probably doesn’t have access to many postage stamps but they’re worth a bit. Will he take a hole puncher?

Will he clean out the fridge before he goes or will they find his leftover lasagne in the freezer in 3 months time ?

Will the new coach immediately change the carpets and paint the walls , or do they still look quite stylish and befitting of a new broom leader ?

When Bevo does go , how many moving boxes do you think it will take to parcel up his Knick-knacks ? You know , his potted plants , awards , nodding bulldog toy , miniature surfboard , moustache wax etc ?

I’m talking your standard medium-duty Pickfords moving box , 52 litre , ( better value at Bunnings btw)

Which players are most likely - And least likely ! - to help him bring the boxes to his car ?

Will the players sign a funny card wishing all the best in his next job ? Which players might leave a message that looks harmless on the surface but betrays underlying feelings of dissatisfaction?

Is he the type to steal stationary? He probably doesn’t have access to many postage stamps but they’re worth a bit. Will he take a hole puncher?

Will he clean out the fridge before he goes or will they find his leftover lasagne in the freezer in 3 months time ?

Will the new coach immediately change the carpets and paint the walls , or do they still look quite stylish and befitting of a new broom leader ?
The important questions

Generally agree with the rest of your post but this part isn’t accurate. Lipinski was basically permanently dropped from half way through 2021, in favour of Scott, Garcia, Vandermeer, etc. He just wanted games, not a specific position.
Ok, let's accept that your telling of events is the correct one.

I dont think that it changes much.

Look at where he actually sat in the side during 2021. He was named on the interchange for 9 games, was injured for 1 and omitted for 3 during the lead up to the bye. After which he payed two games one as a sub in round 16 and one as an unused sub in round 20. Pretty typical stuff for a guy still trying to establish his spot in the side in his 5th season.

From that point on we were clearly making our run towards finals and were motoring, sitting on top of the ladder.

So It was always going to be an incredibly tough injury free midfield to crack and at the time for all his obvious potential he was a bit vanilla and wasn't standing out from the other fringe mids and demanding first crack at it.

Take a look at the sides that played during that ill fated finals run. By that point for the most part all the fringe players who'd rotated in and out of the side in the months before like Garcia, McNeil and Lipinsiki were no longer in the side. Only Scott and VDM were still on its very fringes and the former was dropped and the latter was relegated to sub in the GF.

Id argue that Scott was a more reliable option at the time and that VDM offered the same illusory thing that he's always offered much needed pace.

Ok, let's accept that your telling of events is the correct one.

I dont think that it changes much.

Look at where he actually sat in the side during 2021. He was named on the interchange for 9 games, was injured for 1 and omitted for 3 during the lead up to the bye. After which he payed two games one as a sub in round 16 and one as an unused sub in round 20. Pretty typical stuff for a guy still trying to establish his spot in the side in his 5th season.

From that point on we were clearly making our run towards finals and were motoring, sitting on top of the ladder.

So It was always going to be an incredibly tough injury free midfield to crack and at the time for all his obvious potential he was a bit vanilla and wasn't standing out from the other fringe mids and demanding first crack at it.

Take a look at the sides that played during that ill fated finals run. By that point for the most part all the fringe players who'd rotated in and out of the side in the months before like Garcia, McNeil and Lipinsiki were no longer in the side. Only Scott and VDM were still on its very fringes and the former was dropped and the latter was relegated to sub in the GF.

Id argue that Scott was a more reliable option at the time and that VDM offered the same illusory thing that he's always offered much needed pace.
The main question to ask anyway regarding Lipinski is who's spot in our team does he take now and significantly improve? He hasn't gotten any quicker and still shirks contests frequently

Remove this Banner Ad

Back