Gameweek 24

Which avatar should Bojan have for the next month?

• Welcome to Vanchester

Votes: 14 33.3%
  • Stevie G and the Champions League

Votes: 18 42.9%
  • Mourinho Porto beating United

Votes: 10 23.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Cant honestly remember the last time i posted in that thread.

You've posted 17 times, mainly laughing at sides that actually made it into the competition. Since I'm laughing at Liverpool don't really see the distinction.

He's been a complete dick the last few months quite frankly, I can't be the only one that thinks it.

He might have some different opinions which you're welcome to take him to task for, but I don't think I've ever seen him personally attack anyone. If his posts irritate you that much then ignore him as I've done with a few posters, but there's never any need for blatantly disrespectful ad-hominem comments like that.

I'm sure Jodders has been called far worse things than a dick or idiot in his time!

I'm sure he has, but that's not the sort of culture we should be promoting in here. What does it achieve? At best you start a tit-for-tat s**t fight, at worst you offend or embarrass someone. It's pointless.

If I recall, Erikssen, Willian and others snubbed a certain club in favour of moves to.. where? Admittedly Willian then went to an even bigger club but..

We didn't make an offer for Eriksen. Willian I'll give you but as you said he moved elsewhere. Dempsey I couldn't give a stuff about, Dele Alli looks promising - he's probably the only one they've signed that I feel we missed out on.

Having said that, if you believe 'Arry then the list of players Spurs wanted that ended up at Anfield would be far longer and more illustrious. Suarez, Sturridge, Henderson off the top of my head.

For players in the top shelf with respect to wages & transfer fees Tottenham aren't even in the market, our biggest concern as a club in terms of being successful is making sure we actually get those big, big money signings right, not whether or not our key targets might choose Tottenham over us.

Long story short, Spurs 'stealing' players we're interested in isn't something I'm going to lose any sleep over.

and relative to us given that's the discussion what has it got them in recent seasons?
I believe your exact words were:
Right, we'd take option 2 :drunk:

/sarcasm

We've become too familiar with 5-6...It's not exactly mouth watering...... So option 1 without hesitation.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Aaaaand the delusion of the Liverpool fans at BF continues. All hanging out together, it must be a case of delusion breeds delusion

Okay there's two irrelevant quotes of mine given the discussion at hand. o_O

You just asked "what has it got them (Liverpool) in recent years?".

I responded by referring to your post from this afternoon (a few pages back in this thread).

You said that "without hesitation", you'd definitely take a title challenge and a series of 7th-8th place finishes (i.e. what Liverpool have done since 2009, albeit make that 2 title challenges) over consistently finishing 5th-6th every season (i.e. what Spurs have done since 2009).

Is it fair to deduce from this that without hesitation, you'd happily trade Tottenham's fortunes for Liverpool's in recent years, even though we've been at our lowest ebb in decades?

Last edited:
You just asked "what has it got them (Liverpool) in recent years?".

I responded by referring to your post from this afternoon (a few pages back in this thread).

You said that without hesitation, you'd definitely take a title challenge and a series of 7th-8th place finishes (i.e. what Liverpool have done since 2009, albeit make that 2 title challenges) over consistently finishing 5th-6th every season (i.e. what Spurs have done since 2009).

Is it fair to deduce from this that without hesitation, you'd happily trade Tottenham's fortunes for Liverpool's in recent years, even though we've been at our lowest ebb in decades?
I was taking it more along the lines... as in winning the title and being s**t for the next decade.

So no I wouldn't trade Liverpool for Spurs in recent seasons.

ADL, Jod, WC2022, Faith: it's hard to work out which one suffers the most from delusions of grandeur

I was taking it more along the lines... as in winning the title and being s**t for the next decade.

So no I wouldn't trade Liverpool for Spurs in recent seasons.

It was definitely a question of: 'title run with a chance of winning the league + s**t' vs 'no title run and average'.

So you wouldn't take option 1 then?

giphy.gif

ADL, Jod, WC2022, Faith: it's hard to work out which one suffers the most from delusions of grandeur

I'm surprised you've heard of that word 'grandeur' before, it's not something that's typically associated with Tottenham.

Doesn't it usually involve things like.. you know, challenging for and actually winning trophies occasionally? What is it, 2 League Cups in 25 years? What a silverware guzzling juggernaut of a club, we are forever in your shadow. Where's my clap gif!

Back