Gardiner?

• Thread starter Fall Out Boy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

Remove this Banner Ad

F

Fall Out Boy

Is he going to be back next week?

We are a chance if he doesn't play. If he does play, you will smack us.

With King out for the season, our ruck duo is Unco Chambers and H, one is 20, the other 19, and they've played all of 19 games between them.

Also looking forward to seeing Cam Ling attempt to stop Ben Cousins again.

Originally posted by phatandphreaky
Is he going to be back next week?

We are a chance if he doesn't play. If he does play, you will smack us.

With King out for the season, our ruck duo is Unco Chambers and H, one is 20, the other 19, and they've played all of 19 games between them.

Gardy almost certainly WON"T play next week.

I'm beginning to question whether he and certain others will play again this year - it seems to be the permanent 2 weeks, every week.

Re: Re: Gardiner?

Originally posted by Voice of Reason
it seems to be the permanent 2 weeks, every week.

that what is so frustrating.

We don't know where these guys are at, because just about every injury this year we have been told "they'll be back in 2-3 weeks" and it seems to be the same situation for 4 or 5 weeks.

I'd rather just be told, Gardiner won't be back at all in 2003, or he is certainly going to miss the next 4 weeks......

Gardy definitely wont play you would think. When Gardiner goes down for two weeks, think more......6 weeks.

Hopefully though Fletcher will be back, will add a little more run to our midfield. IMO I dont think we will win next week.

Whilst you have injuries, we have a fair few as well, so you shouldn't have too much trouble with us.

Steven King is the most vital player on our list, without him, we are extremely ordinary.

Whilst you have injuries, we have a fair few as well, so you shouldn't have too much trouble with us.

Steven King is the most vital player on our list, without him, we are extremely ordinary.

You are selling your team short, I think your team is very talented, just need to get a few years experience behind some core youngsters to mould into a regularly winning team. IMO, you will cause us a fair bit of trouble.

And it has been demonstrated on our behalf that we are extremely ordinary without Gardiner, Flecther, and Embers. So look forward to a low-skill contest at the 'Skilled Stadium', because that is what is coming to a tv box near you (unless you decide to go watch the game and torture yourself with the appalling skills on offer).

Milli played for Claremont and scored 2. We'll hear how he's pulled up but could be back. Glass was omitted with Flu so should be back. Fletch is a good chance. I don't know how bad Banner groin is. Cox will fair better against the Geelong ruck. Chambers and Sierra looked good yesterday and should benefit from the run (although sometimes the first game takes a lot of recovery).
In essence we will have some players back and we will be playing a lower team with only pride to play for, much different to playing the Crows. Now we will have to work hard to win but we stand a very good chance. Finishing the season with three straight wins is not a long shot.

Originally posted by Frodo
Milli played for Claremont and scored 2. We'll hear how he's pulled up but could be back. Glass was omitted with Flu so should be back. Fletch is a good chance. I don't know how bad Banner groin is. Cox will fair better against the Geelong ruck. Chambers and Sierra looked good yesterday and should benefit from the run (although sometimes the first game takes a lot of recovery).
In essence we will have some players back and we will be playing a lower team with only pride to play for, much different to playing the Crows. Now we will have to work hard to win but we stand a very good chance. Finishing the season with three straight wins is not a long shot.

Cox should dominate the ruck next week, but that will only help if he can direct the ball to the spots where our rovers, midfielders and whoever else gets a go in the middle are able to read the taps. Against St Kilda, Cox created about 10 St Kilda goals as their players thrashed ours to kick quick ball forward. This week, we won the clearances but they won the hitouts (supposedly according to AFL stats).

If we don't read the taps, I fear another week where my TV is in mortal danger of physical assault.

I mean Geelong dont have much to play for coz the finals u would think are out of reach....however we have ALOT to play for...our pride, our spot in the 8....Its so frustrating being a supporter wen u no ure team can play so much better, but they dont. I mean i no our list is undermanned at the moment, but take Cousins, Judd and Kerr.. all 3 of them (particauly Juddy) played pretty ordinary yesterday. If they can come out and play to the BEST of thier abilty then we are certainly in with a chance. Think back to round 10??? ( i think).. Juddy kicks 5 goals in like 8 minutes against Brisbane @ teh GABBA. Since then he' s barely been on idle ( except for Carlton game).Hes the type of player u need to stand up when ur low and lately he just looks like he can b stuffed. Thats no attitude to have....
Maybe Woosha should threaten em all and make them **** themselves and they might come out a play some half decent footy next Saturday

Originally posted by Voice of Reason
Cox should dominate the ruck next week, but that will only help if he can direct the ball to the spots where our rovers, midfielders and whoever else gets a go in the middle are able to read the taps. Against St Kilda, Cox created about 10 St Kilda goals as their players thrashed ours to kick quick ball forward. This week, we won the clearances but they won the hitouts (supposedly according to AFL stats).

If we don't read the taps, I fear another week where my TV is in mortal danger of physical assault.

I wonder if we should play a second tall in the ruck if we keep getting sharked, Cox could tap high to him. Maybe a role for Jako.

Originally posted by noodle
not only are the eagles players down on confidence but it seems a lot of the fans of this board are too. doesn't anyone rate us next week?

I'm frankly amazed at all the doomsaying at the moment. We didn't play that poorly on the weekend, we were just outgunned by a top 4 side who had a far better cattle out on the park than us. There were times when our disposal was poor, but we were clearly having a go, and that was all I wanted to see before the game.
There hasn't been some miraculous change in our ability or gameplan, and I don't think any deficiencies in us have been made particularly glaring, unless you class the inability to cover multiple injuries to absolute key players as a deficiency, in which case its one which all teams in the league share.

Just forgetting all the other injured middle of the road players, the fact is that the loss of Gardiner/Fletcher/Embley is on par with teams being without Voss/Black/Lappin, Clarke/McLeod/Goodwin, Buckley/Licuria/Tarrant, Pavlich/Bell/Headland etc etc in terms of their value to their respective teams. There is a gaping big hole in the guts of our side, but thats just the way the dice has fallen.

The system which was working throughout the year is still in place, and it is still functional. We're just severely undergunned at the moment, but that won't last. (hopefully!)

If we get at least one of Fletch or Gardie back, I'm confident of a win next week. I don't think we have another performance like the one against St Kilda in us this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we can't beat Geelong than I'll spew.....even with injuries, even with playing at Geelong, we're a finals team, we were a top 2 team not so long ago - we should be able to beat a team that is rank at best........psyche up lads!!!!

What does Geelong have to play for? The chance to have an affect on who makes the finals, thats about it where as we have the chance to place ourselves in the finals, in a spot where we can ACTUALLY make an assault at the premiership(with key players returning etc). After the game yesterday i must admit i was a doomsdayer as well, but after cooling down i am much more positive, next weeks game will really show us where we are at, even with injuries(although i hope to get 1-2 players back) and if we win it it will be a MASSIVE confidence booster, then we got Melbourne which we SHOULD be able to win meaning 2 wins in a row, some key players back, confidence leading into the Derby which will have a real affect on where the 2 respective sides finish on the ladder.

not only are the eagles players down on confidence but it seems a lot of the fans of this board are too. doesn't anyone rate us next week?

To be fair, we're in a trough. However, I think we would have beaten 11 of the other 15 sides on the weekend had they turned up (Port, Brisbane, Adelaide and Freo are the other four). I believe we can beat Geelong - but we'll have to put in a full four quarter effort and the players themselves will have to believe. If the game was here, I'd be confident we could win, but Kardinia Park will be a challenge, no doubt about it.

I believe at the moment we're at the nadir of our season, but if we can manage to get together the courage and determination to win next weekend, we'll come out of it a better side.

Originally posted by Black Thunder
If we can't beat Geelong than I'll spew.....even with injuries, even with playing at Geelong, we're a finals team, we were a top 2 team not so long ago - we should be able to beat a team that is rank at best........psyche up lads!!!!

Very harsh.

I too think you'll win, but remember that Geelong, no matter how poor they are playing, always match up well with the Eagles.

During Geelong's biggest trough this year, they still managed to get within 2 goals of you over there in what was considered a very unlucky loss.

Also bear in mind that the Eagles struggle at KP. Last year you guys were very arrogant about your chances in this game, yet got spanked.

You've lost 6 of your last 8 at KP, with 5 of those being absolute spankings.

You should win, but i don't think that arrogance is justified.

Very harsh.

I too think you'll win, but remember that Geelong, no matter how poor they are playing, always match up well with the Eagles.

During Geelong's biggest trough this year, they still managed to get within 2 goals of you over there in what was considered a very unlucky loss.

Also bear in mind that the Eagles struggle at KP. Last year you guys were very arrogant about your chances in this game, yet got spanked.

You've lost 6 of your last 8 at KP, with 5 of those being absolute spankings.

You should win, but i don't think that arrogance is justified.

i don't know if there is arrogance. just a lot of doomsayers.

as you said PP both sides match up well because they both depend on a speedy midfield. i haven't decided which way to tip yet and i won't until i see the team lineups. i'm hoping that it's the eagles though.

as you said PP both sides match up well because they both depend on a speedy midfield. i haven't decided which way to tip yet and i won't until i see the team lineups. i'm hoping that it's the eagles though.

Eagles have more talent and matchwinners, but if Ling can again shut down Cousins and McCarthy can continue to pull down a heap of contested marks, we will go awfully close.

BTW Thanks for Tweek Moloney. The pre-season he spent with the Eagles did wonders for his body. :D

Eagles have more talent and matchwinners, but if Ling can again shut down Cousins and McCarthy can continue to pull down a heap of contested marks, we will go awfully close.

BTW Thanks for Tweek Moloney. The pre-season he spent with the Eagles did wonders for his body. :D

Who the **** are McCarthy and Moloney? I can just see the curse of Tranquilli striking us again. No-names tearing us up because we didn't do any planning for them.

Originally posted by drexel
Who the **** are McCarthy and Moloney? No-names tearing us up because we didn't do any planning for them.

Obviously haven't watched much footy in the last few weeks (or footy outside WA). If you had, you'd know that McCarthy is a young CHF who has kicked 5 goals in the last two weeks, whilst taking plenty of contested marks.

As for Moloney, the kid did an entire pre-season with your club, so i thought that perhaps you may have heard of him.

Originally posted by eagleskickass
What does Geelong have to play for? The chance to have an affect on who makes the finals, thats about it where as we have the chance to place ourselves in the finals, in a spot where we can ACTUALLY make an assault at the premiership(with key players returning etc).

If Michael Gardiner doesn't play, we will beat you... simple. ;)

Ben Cousins will stop himself if he plays like he did on Saturday.

Did Moloney get picked up by the cats in the end? I knew we had a Moloney doing a pre-season with us, but I thought he was a local from East Perth.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back