Gardiner?

• Thread starter Fall Out Boy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Re: Gardiner?

Originally posted by GoEagles
Did Moloney get picked up by the cats in the end? I knew we had a Moloney doing a pre-season with us, but I thought he was a local from East Perth.

Yes we picked him up in the pre season draft at #4.

Do you reckon the Eagles would be interested in taking on a few of our players for pre season training this year? Namely Mackie, McCarthy, Lonergan and Playfair ;)

Re: Re: Re: Gardiner?

Originally posted by Unwritten_Law

Do you reckon the Eagles would be interested in taking on a few of our players for pre season training this year? Namely Mackie, McCarthy, Lonergan and Playfair ;)

Would be lovely, wouldn't it.

They'd come back different men.

Re: Re: Gardiner?

Originally posted by GoEagles
Ben Cousins will stop himself if he plays like he did on Saturday.

Did Moloney get picked up by the cats in the end? I knew we had a Moloney doing a pre-season with us, but I thought he was a local from East Perth.

The local from East Perth was Jeff Smith who was also picked up by the Cats pre-season if I'm correct. Vicki would probably know if Moloney came from the Royals system as well.

Re: Re: Re: Gardiner?

Originally posted by llosis
The local from East Perth was Jeff Smith who was also picked up by the Cats pre-season if I'm correct. Vicki would probably know if Moloney came from the Royals system as well.

Yep, the Eagles were pretty keen on Jeff Smith from what I heard but the cats beat them to it. Then again they were also meant to be keen on Agostino and Shipp but they didn't draft either of them. I'm pretty sure Moloney is a Victorian who we expected to get drafted and so were looking to rookie-list him. Instead we ended up taking Aaron Edwards.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Gardiner?

Originally posted by Sera
Yep, the Eagles were pretty keen on Jeff Smith from what I heard but the cats beat them to it. Then again they were also meant to be keen on Agostino and Shipp but they didn't draft either of them. I'm pretty sure Moloney is a Victorian who we expected to get drafted and so were looking to rookie-list him. Instead we ended up taking Aaron Edwards.

Sound's about right Sera, that's what I thought

Re: Re: Re: Re: Gardiner?

Yes, Moloney is a Victorian. Good Geelong boy, actually.

Jeff Smith is a deadset freak. Still struggles with the fundamentals, but the guy plays half the game as a rover, despite being almost 200cm tall.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Gardiner?

Originally posted by phatandphreaky
Jeff Smith is a deadset freak. Still struggles with the fundamentals, but the guy plays half the game as a rover, despite being almost 200cm tall.

I was wondering how he was going. Like Mackie, he did some pretty impressive things during his state's screening trials which caught the club's interest. Will he get elevated do you think?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Gardiner?

I was wondering how he was going. Like Mackie, he did some pretty impressive things during his state's screening trials which caught the club's interest. Will he get elevated do you think?

I shouldn't think so.

We have a younger and better key forward in the VFL already (Lonergan), with the highly impressive Blake and Nathan Ablett coming onto the list at seasons end.

I hope they give him another year on the rookie list, but i wouldn't be surprised if he headed back home.

Originally posted by drexel
Who the **** are McCarthy and Moloney?

Know who McCarthy is now? :D He's the guy that took mark of the day and kicked 2.

Ordinary result for both clubs. In our current position, the draw no better than a loss.

Best of luck for the rest of the season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back