Gary Pert

Remove this Banner Ad

Ashb23

Club Legend
Oct 4, 2006
Vermont
AFL Club
Geelong
Hey all, I heard on a quick news break that Gary Pert has resigned/been sacked and that eddie may be taking over as executive chairman. Has anyone heard anything on this, coz I can't find it anywhere on the net???

The Prez addressed this on EB&W, just another rumour without foundation. I can recall Rob Waters reporting that Mick was on death's door and about to resign last year, oops what a howler, Christie told him not to run with it. There's no accountability in today's media, being thorough and accurate has been replaced with get it first and fast.

Rob Walls and Caroline Wilson cop alot of flack, but they are in the field of opinion and can be given a bit of leeway. However Rob Waters is supposed to be a journalist, he is always reporting stupid rumours as if it were fact. Hutchy cops flack for his 'exclusives' but I'd rather Hutchy make a big deal out of nothing than Waters just pulling stories out of his ass.

This is eddie's message for those wondering. Thanks to Extreme black n' white board.

http://www.voy.com/51976/101354124.html

emcguire said:
Hello everyone.

A story on Seven News tonight claimed that there was drama at Collingwood, that Gary Pert's position as CEO was under threat and that I would be taking over the running of the club as "executive chairman."

These claims are a complete nonsense and entirely made up.

Gary is doing a great job and has my complete confidence, the club is as united and excited about the future and present as it has ever been.

As far as me being executive chairman, no way, has never even been contemplated.

The story is complete rubbish and should never have been run.

Could someone (Tess?)please post this on Nicks as the story is getting discused on that site.

See you all tomorrow night. Go Pies!

Eddie.

Again another example of a person, group, faction, organisation, whatever, trying to destablize a great club that is going places.

These Jorno's are meant to be objective and report the facts.

*#!& OFF and go and hide under a rock!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back