Gather Round events in Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Jimpson

Club Legend
Sep 17, 2006
Adelaide
AFL Club
Geelong
I can't find much information online at the moment so thought I'd compile what I do know

Friday 14/04/2023
3:30pm-6:00pm
Player Appearance
AFL Max at Adelaide Airport

For those not aware AFL Max is a AFL-themed kids playhouse that I believe is owned by James Podsiadly. They run clinics and lock-ins with various activities for kids.

Geelong Football Club Members Event - Free for Members
"An exclusive event for Geelong supporters and families interacting with players and enjoying the attraction at AFL Max"
Exclusive access to the venue
Unlimited access to all activity zones
Facilitated fun, games and activities
Player Q&A facilitated by AFL Max Staff

It's free for members. To get your ticket just follow this link: Link
I did ask and you don't need to have a kid with you even though its a kids playhouse. So hopefully I'm not the only 30-something childless man there.

Saturday 15/04/2023
9:00am-12:30pm (or so)
Captains run, Training, Photos, Autographs, Interviews
Maughan Thiem Kia Oval, Woodville

So the event is as follows:
9:00: Geelong Team arrive. BBQ and Canteen Facilities open
10:30: Geelong Captain's run training following by player signings and photos
11:45 Q&A Session in Eagles Function Room with Tyson Stengle, Esava Ratagulea, CEO Steven Hocking and Assistant Coach Nigel Lappin. You will need to book for this event and it costs $10. Link to booking: Link

Saturday 15/04/2023
11:00am to 12:30pm
Player Appearance
Footy Festival at Elder Park in Adelaide CBD near Adelaide Oval

This event is listed on the official Gather Round events page here but given this would overlap with the above event I'm not sure if it's still happening. It's possible that the players could quickly head over there after training (I'd estimate it's about 20 minutes between locations) but not sure.

If you know of any other events let me know and I'll update it. I'm just trying to do the marketing for Geelong since they don't advertise these things particularly well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back