Game Day RD5 Cats V Eagles Sunday April 16 1:10pm AO gather round..

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our gather round involvement

Clearly I’ve missed the vibe from over here so I’ll be succinct.

Gettable points today and maybe sone % too.

However.. if we are 5% off we’ll get smacked.

Let’s play like the 3rd 1/4 last week.
Hard.. ruthless footy and clearances in the MF is where it all started.
Make it happen and no injuries.

I’ll be late to this as I’m working. I’ll be listening however.

Go Catters

West Coast has definitely been a tune-up game for us for years now. I don't see why this would be any different.

60+ points would be nice. Percentage will be huge for us this year, given we dropped those early games.

catsfootyfan89 responding your comment in the preview thread, I think a lot of people understandably leaned into their doomsday scenarios heading into the Hawthorn match because the Gold Coast loss in particular was a shocker. My only points were that good sides bounce back and things can change very quickly this early into the season. If the boys win today, the Sydney game (our first real home game of the season) presents a massive opportunity to sit only one game outside of the top 4. Hopefully the boys treat these next two games like finals.

Important we don't fluff this. Just putting it out there but after our horror start if we win this we're only one game behind some supposed highly fancied sides in Swans, Lions, Demons.

Basically everyone's spluttering, string together some wins and we'll find ourselves flying up the ladder in no time.

Gather round? WTF?

Anyways. Our chaps need to gather round each other and just bloody win and stay upright. Last week was promising. I watched again last night and the link up was there again which can be devastating to the oppo.

Duncan made a huge difference, but I suspect a few getting going like Hawk, Stanley, Cuthrie, Danger and Close got the collective mindset switch flicked in a flash. What a difference a week makes eh?

My sniffing of the wind says we are in this bigtime in 2023. Everyone is up for grabs, us included, but we must win game like this one.

Speed freak petruccelle brought in…also need to be mindful of J.Jones and Hunt off half back with their speed… Tim Kelly in good form too.. turn up early cats and get the W!

Speed freak petruccelle brought in…also need to be mindful of J.Jones and Hunt off half back with their speed… Tim Kelly in good form too.. turn up early cats and get the W!

I’ve watched all eagles games this season (don’t ask why) and Jones has been fantastic off the half back. Don’t know if his heart just wasn’t in Geelong or he was wasted as a forward pocket

Percentage will be huge for us this year, given we dropped those early games
LoL - every year "percentage will be huge for us this year, because of x, y and z" - every year percentage ends up being irrelevant.

Just win the matches and let percentage take care of itself

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Win.
Go to 10th on the ladder.
Hopefully boost % up around 120%.
No injuries.
Move on to Sydney at home next week and really get the season rolling after that.

Had a look at our fixture at the start of the year and thought it was pretty easy up until the bye where it gets harder.

So want to make hay whilst the sun shines now against these weaker or injured teams... especially after a slow start.

I think the crowd will be sparse until game 2 starts.
Totally agree - I was gob-smacked when they said the match had been sold out, until I realised it was a double header. Competing with hawks-GWS for least interesting match of round. Might be 10,000 in attendance - 5,000 genuinely interested in this match, 5,000 arriving early for the following match

I’ve watched all eagles games this season (don’t ask why) and Jones has been fantastic off the half back. Don’t know if his heart just wasn’t in Geelong or he was wasted as a forward pocket
It's great he's been able to make a career for himself. Everything I've heard about him is that he is a great person. But honestly I completely understand why we cut him when we did.

In our half backs we really highly rate contested ball, 1 on 1 defence, intercept marking and huge running capacity. Hence Zuthrie, O'Connor, Kolo, etc. He doesn't really fit that mould and his ball use isn't good enough to make him a Duncan type. So I struggle to see how he would've found a position off half back with us.

Over here for another reason with the family, so we bought tickets 👍

I think the crowd will be sparse until game 2 starts.

Hoping for a good win 🙏
It's very early and most neutrals that are interested in footy were, like me, drinking solidly from Friday night to now.

This game needs country footy bbq bacon and egg sandwiches.

LoL - every year "percentage will be huge for us this year, because of x, y and z" - every year percentage ends up being irrelevant.

Just win the matches and let percentage take care of itself
I made a simple, salient point. Perhaps I didn't make it clearly enough. The more games you lose, the further back in the pack you are. The further back you are, the closer you are to missing the eight. The closer you are to missing the eight, the higher the likelihood that percentage will be a factor, and the more important a competitive percentage becomes.

If percentage meant nothing, it wouldn't be a thing.

I feel like surely we give Parfitt a full game. Maybe he wasn't fully fit to start the year but he's too good to have him playing 2s or not playing as the hold over emergency too often. Manage someone and give him a full game with responsibility in midfield.

Historically Cats have been poor travellers
Interesting to see a game on neutral ground.
Expect Cats to have more local support tho.
This will help push last week's momentum.
Cats only too keen to build some momentum
Looked hungry for the ball against Hawks
Their stomach growling to feast on Eagles
Especially as a win means a 4 rung jump.
Confident Cats will devour their prey today.
Bound to bounce back to their brutal best

Hope SDK returns to form and finishes unscathed
In pre game presser Scot hinted Parfitt to be SUB.
He needs to take his chance... or become fringe.

Win.
Go to 10th on the ladder.
Hopefully boost % up around 120%.
No injuries.
Move on to Sydney at home next week and really get the season rolling after that.

Had a look at our fixture at the start of the year and thought it was pretty easy up until the bye where it gets harder.

So want to make hay whilst the sun shines now against these weaker or injured teams... especially after a slow start.
Yep!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back