Geelong vs Hawthorn @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Too many mistakes Geelong! Hawks have nothing. Zip. Control the ball and they'll be lucky to kick 6 goals a match. Should have won this easy.

Think it might be a bit more complicated than that. You had about the same control of the ball as Hawthorn (roughly equal possessions), and they've kicked a tad more than just 6 goals. How much are you going to have to dominate possession to get them down from 19 to 6?

Hawthorn are an interesting team. There's times you watch them and think that they are vulnerable because they can leak a few cheap goals but then you realise that they will just turn around and kick 2 or 3 in reply.

Hard to be too critical of that in this day and age where teams kicking 100+ points is the minority.

"Geelong just don't lose milestone games."
Did they actually say that in pre-game!?

I seem to remember one very big milestone game this year against Melbourne down at Kardinia Park.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

36 point win...meh...just another win.....

Hey Geelong, what are your plans for your September holidays??

It's the graciousness in victory that really elevates Hawks supporters. :p

I'm actually pretty happy with that. Missing our 2nd best mid and our full-back, we competed very well with the best team in it for the majority of the game. Get Danger, SSelwood and a fit Clark and Menzel in for next year and I reckon we'll be up and about again. Good signs.

Compared to other sports, there is no sledging in the AFL. What the hell these muppets on about?

I think the stat was 81/82 games hawthorn have won when scoring 100... Apparantely that's a bullshit stat errrrrr

It is.

This year, when scoring 100 teams have won 92/98 games (93.8%)

Hawthorn's record isn't that much better than that (98.8%).

Teams scoring 100 win almost 94% of the time or more.

Who would have thought?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back